Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Players Social Media thread

I follow some of players' Instagram and twitter accounts. The insight I get from these accounts especially Instagram stories into the squad dynamics or players'  personalities  can be illuminating so I thought it may be a worthwhile thread of discussion-  however I am hoping for rational contributions not wild conjecture based on minor observations but then again this is Foxestalk so let see!

Observations that I have made 

*Wes for some reasons rarely appear in Instagram stories

*Gray's baby (if it is actually his child not a nephew/niece?) came out of nowhere last season on Gray's Instagram stories!

*Bit of a guess on this one but I have noticed Gray and Maddison have stopped appearing in others each Instagram towards end of last season but continued to appear in Chilwell's Instagram account-  I wonder whether if that Gray has drifted apart from his friendship group with Chilwell and Maddison

*Benny's Instagram was the oddest of all players especially his talent showcase feature.   Fuchs'  Instagram is slightly annoying due to constant promotion for his academy
*King was an unexpected participant in The Coffee Club between Maddison,  Chilwell and Elder last season which was fun.   King and Albrighton appears to be most popular in the squad and mix with pretty much everybody

*I want to know what was the rules of 'Wolf'  game that the squad was obsessed with during early stages of last season!

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There's a lot of assumptions here lol

At what point does it get to 'player X hasn't posted in 12 hours. Is he okay?'?! 

Perhaps I was bit too over optimistic then!   Mods can always just can this thread if it gets too out of hand but I thought it would be a worthwhile experimentation- have already learnt a new fact or two from posts in this thread.

• Like 1

Who was the big youth team lad a few seas on ago who fancied himself a bit of a model on social media?

Was his own biggest fan, think he ended up at Cambridge or Mansfield or something like that? He may have had an account on here - this was back in the Championship, possibly even League one days, don’t think he ever played a first team game.

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Who was the big youth team lad a few seas on ago who fancied himself a bit of a model on social media?

Was his own biggest fan, think he ended up at Cambridge or Mansfield or something like that? He may have had an account on here - this was back in the Championship, possibly even League one days, don’t think he ever played a first team game.

George Taft?

• Haha 1

Benalouane still visits to hang out with Ricky and Mendy. They like to play UNO and Mario Kart. 

Coffee club happened a few weeks ago. No Chilwell but King and Simpson were there. 

Gray and Amartey love their bible quotes. 

Vardy took his golden boot trophy on holiday with him after the season ended. Among his many dogs is a Pomeranian with similar facial colouring to a red fox, which he's called Foxy. :blush:

Lots of players buy their dogs from the same protection company called Chaperone K9. 

The Wolf game is called Werewolves of Millers Hollow, you can look up the rules online. I think they've stopped playing it ages ago though. 

• Like 2

As much as I hate a lot of what social media, i do enjoy getting a little glimpse into behind the scenes in players lives, both in the training ground and even on the summer jaunts. Instagram is probably just about the right amount, would rather that constantly hearing peoples opinions on everything on Facebook and Twitter. 

Madders and Ndidi pool battles are fun, next game should be filmed. 

I've always enjoyed content where we find out about players, and the way they are away from the pitch. Stuff like Soccer AMs teammates feature was always decent insight. Sky sports should focus more on getting to know players with content rather than constant need for transfer stories. But that's another subject altogether. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Raul Uche was a more recent U23 player (2016/17) but definitely fancies himself as a model on his Instagram (@uche_dg)

7 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

I remember when he came on here and called me a dole dosser 😂

I think it was in the period where I used to read the forum a lot but I hadn’t started posting. I used to see him in the David Lloyd at Meridian quite a bit around the same time and it always used to make me smile when I saw him. 

23 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I wish I had an interest in SM, I really couldn't careless what they do away from the pitch, same goes for my fave music artists, I feel the more I know about them the less special they become...is that weird?  lol.

Of course it's weird...

p.s. how do I sign up for social Media

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/09/2020 at 13:44, purpleronnie said:

I wish I had an interest in SM, I really couldn't careless what they do away from the pitch, same goes for my fave music artists, I feel the more I know about them the less special they become...is that weird?  lol.

Let the artists be judged by their art. (And footballers aren't writers or photographers)

On 23/09/2020 at 13:44, purpleronnie said:

I don't get it to be honest. is it a generational thing...feels like the kind of thing obsessive stalkers to me. 

And yet, as I've just realised..here I am reading the thread!! :D

GIF by Giphy QA

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1