Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Benkovic

Can’t help but get the feeling something has gone drastically wrong with this signing.

The loans he is getting don’t strike me as loans we set up to get him games with a view to come back and play for us. Bristol City where he wasn’t first choice and now Cardiff as cover. Seem to be loans to basically get him out the club and recoup some money on wages. The crisis we have at centre half and still he is farmed out suggest he is not wanted around the first team. Hopefully I am wrong but wouldn’t surprise me if he is another Slimani who sees out his contract on loan as no one else in their right mind would pay him anywhere near what we do.

People who keep saying we should play him make me chuckle, like you would think Brendan and his numerous coaches who watch him in training everyday would be more switched on than the average punter off here.

Seems you almost have to at least loan in one more defender now.  Tough call on Benkovic - you'd like to keep him around for insurance, but what's best long-term is that he go somewhere and play (and prove he can stay on the pitch).