Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Benkovic

24 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Loan the lad out id imagine the likes of Fulham or WBA would be interested.

A half decent season in the premier league and his value would triple.

Send him to the championship to study English football more and gain experience and we might have another great CB.

I truly believe there is more to come from Benko he is still very young.

Show the same patience we did with Gray.

The only doubts I have with Benkovic are his fitness. If he could sort that there's absolutely no doubt in my mind he's an EPL centre back and a very good one at that.

We had Denayer on loan at us a number of years back, someone a number of people on here advocated signing this summer. Denayer was terrific for us but Benkovic was twice the player he was, judging them both in a Celtic shirt.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

We got him in for £13m, we should at minimum recoup that. 

He's now into his third season of being here and done nothing here outside a very good loan spell at Celtic. His value shouldn't really have gone up in this time and with Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana well ahead of him I'd be happy to recuperate a decent portion of our money back on him.

At his best and fittest he would be a great squad member but he can't be trusted to be that. I'd be happy at £8m with a 20% future transfer profit fee add on.

Just let him go.

When Cags eventually goes, his value will cover both the fee for him and Benko plus a large profit.  Pretty sure both were signed with a view to one of them being good enough to replace Maguire and it's come to pass.

I'm sure Benko can have some sort of career at a decent level such was his reputation when we signed him, but we don't need people burning up wages unnecessarily.

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Just let him go.

When Cags eventually goes, his value will cover both the fee for him and Benko plus a large profit.  Pretty sure both were signed with a view to one of them being good enough to replace Maguire and it's come to pass.

I'm sure Benko can have some sort of career at a decent level such was his reputation when we signed him, but we don't need people burning up wages unnecessarily.

You can't just let people go from their contracts. That's why people like Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal are still burning wages and floating about like driftwood.

If Rodgers is going for 3 at the back then he has his three starters (Fofana, Evans, Soyuncu) and three players who can cover there (Amartey, Morgan, Fuchs). With Ricardo coming back in he then has three wing-backs (+ Castagne and Justin) and then Albrighton and/or Thomas there too.

Likewise in a four you would have Evans and Soyuncu starting, Fofana as first reserve, Morgan as emergency cover, with Ricardo/Castagne/Justin/Fuchs at full-back.

The guy needs to play a full season somewhere and get games. If there's foreign suitors (St. Etienne would be a decent move to be fair) then they've got five days, otherwise we can always find a Championship club to take him in the next fortnight.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

If Rodgers is going for 3 at the back then he has his three starters (Fofana, Evans, Soyuncu) and three players who can cover there (Amartey, Morgan, Fuchs). With Ricardo coming back in he then has three wing-backs (+ Castagne and Justin) and then Albrighton and/or Thomas there too.

Likewise in a four you would have Evans and Soyuncu starting, Fofana as first reserve, Morgan as emergency cover, with Ricardo/Castagne/Justin/Fuchs at full-back.

The guy needs to play a full season somewhere and get games. If there's foreign suitors (St. Etienne would be a decent move to be fair) then they've got five days, otherwise we can always find a Championship club to take him in the next fortnight.

Agree with all except that JJ makes 4 who can cover a back three - as he did on Sunday.

• Like 2

RMC report that Premier League side Leicester City have proposed 23-year-old Croatian central defender Filip Benkovic on loan with an option to buy to St Étienne, after purchasing Wesley Fofana from them for €40m.

Benkovic arrived at the Foxes for €14.5m in 2018 and was then loaned to Celtic and Bristol City consecutively.

ASSE are considering him as an option.

Edited by moore_94

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

RMC report that Premier League side Leicester City have proposed 23-year-old Croatian central defender Filip Benkovic on loan with an option to buy to St Étienne, after purchasing Wesley Fofana from them for €40m.

Benkovic arrived at the Foxes for €14.5m in 2018 and was then loaned to Celtic and Bristol City consecutively.

ASSE are considering him as an option.

option better be €40m :ph34r:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I want him to do well here but he has legs made of Lotus Biscoff, the chances of him putting in a 40 game season for us are so low sadly.

Don t forget Evans also over his career,had such problems.( As many others)...

Its all about opinions....Evans now older...Any injuries Leaves us without that experience,und create various mitigating circumstance...injections,Not fully fit,

Bit Stil giving us Top service,probably Not over 90% of games,but 82% ...Soyu our Turkish god.....

So now who do we have....

Morgan..IMO Odd Game from the bench.and One Great legend,but no 20+ games

Amartey will deliver,but is CB is Position

Ndidi...we Really dont know how He will Recover & how long Training Match-fitness,with no small reoccurences/setbacks for DM will take.

New 19 year old player,with high potential first finding his feet at PL level getting on the same radar,as is teammates...

Benkovic ...just that unknown Open question,can he throw his injuries problems well behind him,giving us 20-28 games...

We have CBS with Fitness  question marks...CBs are hard to come by....

Soyu takes a big knock.....!!!??

Sorry we Dont have Five CBs,that we can Trust to give  30+ games,Soyuncu (Touch wood) at present is the only one..

I would Keep Benkovic & See if we can turn bis Fortunes around....

CBs  Dont have to be young flyers, CBs have in the past ,returned their performances,injuries around...

Either someone comes from the Development squad,we cant, I presume throw out another £20+ mill for a CB,so  exchange or loan, or we sit on what we have..!!

I’d be prepared to let him go, albeit reluctantly.

the guy is 23 and has less than a handful of appearances for the first team - in fact, the only one that springs to mind is Wigan at home in FA Cup, in which I don’t recall him standing out at all. I’m probably forgetting another cameo somewhere, though.

He came in at the same time as Cags, who’s only a year older and already looking like he’ll be the most expensive centre half in history, if or when he ends up somewhere like Real. We’re in danger of being stuck with another James if his injuries persist and we don’t move him on.

I’ll always begrudge the transfer of the last Croat we had and whilst it would be a shame for him to move on and be a revelation elsewhere, I doubt he’ll ever do that here if we’re looking at breaking transfer records for a 19 year old playing in the same position.

Honourable mention for Kram, though. He’ll always be the one that got away, for me.