Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Benkovic

According to L’Equipe, he is being looked at by Saint-Etienne as a possibly replacement for Fofana

“Around @lequipe to discuss the avenues studied to replace W.#Fofana .
➡️ Filip Benkovic (23 years old 🇭🇷 Leicester)
➡️ Pape Abou Cissé (25 years old 🇸🇳 Olympiacos)
➡️ Ousseynou Ba (24 years old 🇸🇳 Olympiacos.

The #ASSE would have 6 to 7 M € max to recruit a young and fast axial.”

I imagine we would want more than the figure quoted though

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

According to L’Equipe, he is being looked at by Saint-Etienne as a possibly replacement for Fofana

“Around @lequipe to discuss the avenues studied to replace W.#Fofana .
➡️ Filip Benkovic (23 years old 🇭🇷 Leicester)
➡️ Pape Abou Cissé (25 years old 🇸🇳 Olympiacos)
➡️ Ousseynou Ba (24 years old 🇸🇳 Olympiacos.

The #ASSE would have 6 to 7 M € max to recruit a young and fast axial.”

I imagine we would want more than the figure quoted though

St. Etienne should have just taken him as part of the Fofana deal, and shaved 10 million Euros off the tab. 

Sell but not for silly money. Get rid of him from the books should be the priority over cash as we have too much deadwood as it is. I dont think we have enough time with the window closing soon to be haggling to an unnecessary extent for players we have no intention of playing.

• Like 1

There is no point to be made with Filip as sad as it sounds. If two managers see nothing in him that could warrant a place in the squad let alone the first XI, its time to take it on the chin and shift him out. If we get 10m and his wages saved, we have done OK.

Someone explain too me WTF we should expect any more than 10m? He has barely played, got broken at Celtic, and never plays here in any game.

edit He is a slightly larger cabbage I am afraid :(

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There is no point to be made with Filip as sad as it sounds. If two managers see nothing in him that could warrant a place in the squad let alone the first XI, its time to take it on the chin and shift him out. If we get 10m and his wages saved, we have done OK.

Someone explain too me WTF we should expect any more than 10m? He has barely played, got broken at Celtic, and never plays here in any game.

We should ‘expect’ whatever the market would offer. It’s not our responsibility to sanitize market values.

We just paid 30 million for a teenager with less than half a season’s worth of first team football experience.

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

We should expect whatever the market would offer. It’s not our brief to sanitize market values.

We are not trying to sanitize or control values within the market, but if it is our intention to sell (It should be in my opinion), we should set a price point what we feel will provoke interest for the player in question.

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

We are not trying to sanitize or control values within the market, but if it is our intention to sell (It should be in my opinion), we should set a price point what we feel will provoke interest for the player in question.

Granted. But sometimes said price point is set by an offer. 

• Like 1

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Granted. But sometimes said price point is set by an offer. 

True enough, its just we should be not be all high and mighty because its Claude, just get him out at an acceptable price point and move on is my point.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I want him to do well here but he has legs made of Lotus Biscoff, the chances of him putting in a 40 game season for us are so low sadly.

Image result for drooling

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Personally, I would try to package Benkovic and Hamza to Celtic for McGregor.

However, @Muzzy_Larsson doesn’t think they would be interested this season. 

Would suggest if we are packaging Benkovic, we stick one of these on the box  lol

image.jpeg.62b88b4a666fb71225d394498eef3b91.jpeg

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

True enough, its just we should be not be all high and mighty because its Claude, just get him out at an acceptable price point and move on is my point.

I think if ASSE were earnestly interested in him, it should have been made part of the Fofana deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Benkovic has never looked like anything good enough here yet thrived in Scotland. Bristol City loan spell was pretty poor by all accounts. Sell.

I think there were managerial issues at Bristol City. 
When he was injury-free and played, he did quite well. 

• Like 2