Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

David Carmo

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Got any facts or links with the reference above 👆

There was an article from David Ornstein about how they searched for a centre back post the maguire sale.

Additionally you only need to listen to Rodgers speak about getting 'top level players' back to demonstrate what he thinks about him.

The Soyuncu and Evans partnership was a bit of a mess towards the end of last season. He also seemed to struggle most in the three at the back. Fofana and Evans seems much more stable, I think it suits Evans to play on the left whereas with Soyuncu he goes onto the right.

.. just watched the YouTube video and it is hard to try and evaluate Central Defenders!!!!

He does what a defender has to do, not stylish or overly physical but gets the job done.

Long range passing is very good and at times can pick a pass, so no negativity there.

He looks competent, I suppose just depends on price.

Looks a lot like Kyle Walker at times.

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Jason Knight to replace hamza if this is true.

Additionally Carmo fits the profile we're after - he's massive (6ft5) and can also play in midfield from what I hear. Hes left footed too.

I would imagine he's a long term target and they'd rather not miss out on him. There's no great necessity now but as I've said a few times 3 at the back will come back at some point.

Bingo. In one signing we replace both Morgan and Fuchs. And if we play 3 at the back, even the 5th choice (Amartey?) would get plenty of games, so I wouldn't worry about keeping a notional 4th choice happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

The Soyuncu and Evans partnership was a bit of a mess towards the end of last season. He also seemed to struggle most in the three at the back. Fofana and Evans seems much more stable, I think it suits Evans to play on the left whereas with Soyuncu he goes onto the right.

Soyuncu in a back 3 is not nice, you're right. Got to keep him away from that LCB role.