Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

David Carmo

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-open-negotiation-january-signing-rodgers-leading-foxes-interest/

Leicester City have joined the race for Braga defender David Carmo, according to reports from the Portuguese media today.

Newspaper O Jogo is the one saying the Foxes now have him as a target for the January transfer window, and could soon open doors for a negotiation.

This interest seems to come straight from manager Brendan Rodgers, who was impressed with the player’s performance against Leicester City in the Europa League.

David Carmo only faced the Foxes once in the group stage, since he was suspended for the second match, but was still publicly praised by the Foxes boss, who claimed the player has ‘the conditions to play in the Premier League’.

O Jogo doesn’t say how much Braga would demand for Carmo’s transfer, but they make it sound like it wouldn’t be hard to take him out of Portugal, as the Arsenalistas could ‘lose’ him in January.

The newspaper points out that the defender had been linked to Liverpool and Manchester United this season as well.

4 hours ago, lcfcnsk said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-open-negotiation-january-signing-rodgers-leading-foxes-interest/

Leicester City have joined the race for Braga defender David Carmo, according to reports from the Portuguese media today.

Newspaper O Jogo is the one saying the Foxes now have him as a target for the January transfer window, and could soon open doors for a negotiation.

This interest seems to come straight from manager Brendan Rodgers, who was impressed with the player’s performance against Leicester City in the Europa League.

David Carmo only faced the Foxes once in the group stage, since he was suspended for the second match, but was still publicly praised by the Foxes boss, who claimed the player has ‘the conditions to play in the Premier League’.

O Jogo doesn’t say how much Braga would demand for Carmo’s transfer, but they make it sound like it wouldn’t be hard to take him out of Portugal, as the Arsenalistas could ‘lose’ him in January.

The newspaper points out that the defender had been linked to Liverpool and Manchester United this season as well.

Ah yes this was the player Rodgers specifically name checked at the Braga press conference a while back. We know a lot about Braga given one of our scouts used to work there and we had the inside track on Trincao. 

If we can get him for a good price, then why not!? Given how good Fofana has been, if our scouts have identified him as a good player then bring him in. Braga proved to us they were a good team, so playing first team for them age 21 is no joke. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Linked with Carmo at Braga today. Hes 6ft5.

A striker and a centre back please.

Just to confirm, he is a striker and a cb or thats your wishlist? 

We already tried that with Dion Dublin, not that keen to try it again. 

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2020 at 19:42, Lambert09 said:

Just to confirm, he is a striker and a cb or thats your wishlist? 

We already tried that with Dion Dublin, not that keen to try it again. 

I don't know, thought Ian Marshall did well for us. He'd show Maddison a thing or two about style and how to dress 😁

On 21/12/2020 at 19:44, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

If we get a CB is that Benkovic done? Providing Evans signs a new deal, obviously.

After hearing a dreadful debut for his loan team.. pretty much

32 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Seen a lot of Portuguese league supporters say that they don't see why there is a big deal made about him.

Hear what you say, but our recruitment seem to get it right these days.

I suspect these same Portuguese League supporters would have been complimentary over Silva and Slimani back then - may be ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Hear what you say, but our recruitment seem to get it right these days.

I suspect these same Portuguese League supporters would have been complimentary over Silva and Slimani back then - may be ?

Yeah I have no doubt they would have been very complimentary about Slimani and Silva.

Just thought it worth mentioning though. Found it quite odd that people that watch him regularly can't see why he'd be worth the sort of money we'd be paying.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Don't shoot the messenger seems we have had a bid rejected.  Seems to be a lot of interest according to reports so they are surely going to want to get into a bidding war till someone gets to or near the release fee that I think us reported to be around £30-35m.

Could be another long drawn out one here like Fofana I think before any more to anyone is likely. 

Jason Knight is catching our eye and has been watched by us although he plays in Midfield.,and there is still interest in Joe Worrall.

Seems we are still looking at defensive options but probably would need to make space in the squad by offloading a couple such as Benkovic,Knight ect before anyone is brought in i would think. 

Then again Morgan and Fuchs are coming to an end so maybe that's the reason for defensive interest. 

I know it's a tough one to call but can we have a striker before a CB please.

Soyuncu

Evans

Fofana

Amartey

Fuchs*
Morgan*

Justin

Benkovic*

Knight*

Even if all 4 asterisked players left (I doubt it) I still don’t see why we’d pay big money for what would be a 4th choice centreback. 

I really hope we give Knight a chance 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Soyuncu

Evans

Fofana

Amartey

Fuchs*
Morgan*

Justin

Benkovic*

Knight*

Even if all 4 asterisked players left (I doubt it) I still don’t see why we’d pay big money for what would be a 4th choice centreback. 

I really hope we give Knight a chance 

The answer to your question just might be found in the reason we bought both Soyuncu and Benkovic one summer. Succession planning.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Don't shoot the messenger seems we have had a bid rejected.  Seems to be a lot of interest according to reports so they are surely going to want to get into a bidding war till someone gets to or near the release fee that I think us reported to be around £30-35m.

Could be another long drawn out one here like Fofana I think before any more to anyone is likely. 

Jason Knight is catching our eye and has been watched by us although he plays in Midfield.,and there is still interest in Joe Worrall.

Seems we are still looking at defensive options but probably would need to make space in the squad by offloading a couple such as Benkovic,Knight ect before anyone is brought in i would think. 

Then again Morgan and Fuchs are coming to an end so maybe that's the reason for defensive interest. 

His brother used to play for us at youth level. 

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Jason Knight to replace hamza if this is true.

Additionally Carmo fits the profile we're after - he's massive (6ft5) and can also play in midfield from what I hear. Hes left footed too.

I would imagine he's a long term target and they'd rather not miss out on him. There's no great necessity now but as I've said a few times 3 at the back will come back at some point.

• Like 2

I think its been mentioned before that Rodgers might not be 100% on Soyuncu so maybe he might be ready to cash in if someone came in. Otherwise I don't see any situation where we'd spent huge on a centre back, unless we don't expect Fofana to be here very long. Planning ahead I understand but the money could be spent elsewhere. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think its been mentioned before that Rodgers might not be 100% on Soyuncu so maybe he might be ready to cash in if someone came in. Otherwise I don't see any situation where we'd spent huge on a centre back, unless we don't expect Fofana to be here very long. Planning ahead I understand but the money could be spent elsewhere. 

That just pure BS.

Cags was a stand out CB last year in the premier league and spoke about in the same breath of VVD.

• Like 1