Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sportprof101

Who are Leicester City's Top Rivals?

15 hours ago, sportprof101 said:

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday! I’m a student at NKU and I wanted to learn more about everyone’s feelings on our rivals and why we feel this way towards them. Since 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—have been answering questions of rivalry for sports in North America with the help of message board members. Now we are expanding our research to the English Premier League. Please help us ensure that Leicester City is included by taking 9 minutes to complete our updated survey:

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?grpID=1336

Note: Rival teams can come from other leagues, not just EPL. ie: you could list FC Cincinnati from MLS as a rival.

Our previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities’ Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You’ll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. There are plenty of other teams you can look into as well on the site if you had other favorite teams. Survey aside I would like to know your personal feelings about your rivals. Thank you for helping us to include Leicester City by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Zachary Beal, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

Survey aside, I think we lack long-term rivals. Closest thing to a current enmity is a near-universal probably irrational distaste for Spurs, but that isn’t grounded in anything substantial. Otherwise Forest/Derby/Coventry for proximity. 

You haven’t got any Spanish teams in there, and the only overseas team we have any sort of rivalry with is Atletico Madrid.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Your survey is of poor quality, and many of the questions do not make sense. Like someone else has posted I gave up half way through.

In terms of our rivalries, we don’t have a big one like a Man City V Utd or Villa Birmingham.

Our rivalries tend to depend on what is happening on the pitch, due to a few games many years ago Spurs became a bit of a rival, this has been reignited in recent years due to the closeness in league position and the title race in 15/16.

We had a decent rivalry with wolves at one point Walsh v Bull and this intensified when Mark Maghee left for Wolves claiming to be going to a bigger team, I expected this to become a thing again as we both challenged for a best of the rest team - but it hasn’t really fired up.

Whilst Forest, Derby and Cov sit at the bottom end of the Championship it’s hard for any of the traditional geographical rivalries to have any meaning.

Chelsea and  Villa get honourable mentions too.

Forrest are in our rear view mirror - personally I like to beat villa.

From when we were promoted tot he epl Watford were a similar club and not too far away - but they were so good when they brought the Vichai banner that I have stopped dissing them.

• Like 1