Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sportprof101

Who are Leicester City's Top Rivals?

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday! I’m a student at NKU and I wanted to learn more about everyone’s feelings on our rivals and why we feel this way towards them. Since 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—have been answering questions of rivalry for sports in North America with the help of message board members. Now we are expanding our research to the English Premier League. Please help us ensure that Leicester City is included by taking 9 minutes to complete our updated survey:

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?grpID=1336

Note: Rival teams can come from other leagues, not just EPL. ie: you could list FC Cincinnati from MLS as a rival.

Our previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities’ Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You’ll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. There are plenty of other teams you can look into as well on the site if you had other favorite teams. Survey aside I would like to know your personal feelings about your rivals. Thank you for helping us to include Leicester City by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Zachary Beal, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

I think our rivals in the Premier League change as we progress in standard. I may seem arrogant but I feel our rivals are Man U at the moment. Simply because we are usually around the same position as then but struggle against them generally. I reckon though it is personal though as it can’t be down to locality at present. 

• Like 2

Personally think this season has been a bit weird with covid etc so some things aren't quite what they should be in the league.

That said, we have been consistent for the last couple of seasons and we have a good long term trajectory.  My personal take is that Man City and Liverpool are still out front.  Man Utd and Chelsea are ahead of us but we are certainly mixing it Spurs and Arsenal from the "Big 6".

Outside of the big six are a few clubs that are challenging.  Everton are the obvious one but West Ham have good players and Wolves when they are fully fit.  Southampton should be there too.

I'd have to say our "proper" rivals right now are Spurs and Arsenal, we should keep an eye on those close behind us, but we should be focusing on mixing it with Chelsea.

51 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

We've had a few such threads over the last few years.

Just google "foxestalk rivals" and you should find some threads, for example:

I love that photo. Really pisses Notts Forest and Derby fans off when it gets posted on the banter group😂😂😂

We dont really have any rivals, a lot of it is situational for how we are doing in the league.

It was kind of starting to look like Wolves would naturally be our long term rivals, in terms of quality, size of club and being in the 'best of the rest' battle, but that ended quite quickly since Wolves havent been great this season.

Your survey is of poor quality, and many of the questions do not make sense. Like someone else has posted I gave up half way through.

In terms of our rivalries, we don’t have a big one like a Man City V Utd or Villa Birmingham.

Our rivalries tend to depend on what is happening on the pitch, due to a few games many years ago Spurs became a bit of a rival, this has been reignited in recent years due to the closeness in league position and the title race in 15/16.

We had a decent rivalry with wolves at one point Walsh v Bull and this intensified when Mark Maghee left for Wolves claiming to be going to a bigger team, I expected this to become a thing again as we both challenged for a best of the rest team - but it hasn’t really fired up.

Whilst Forest, Derby and Cov sit at the bottom end of the Championship it’s hard for any of the traditional geographical rivalries to have any meaning.

Chelsea and  Villa get honourable mentions too.

Everton are the closest club to us, in that prior to a season where others outside the club would expect the team to finish, on the pitch games are usually tight, the financial muscle of the two clubs is similar, as seen in the recent rich list, both teams are just outside the big boys financially but looking to find a way in consistently to the top 6.