Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

Going Torquay on holiday soon, so thought I would start a save with them a few weeks ago. Managed to finish 2nd in the Vanamara National League and got promoted through the playoffs. I had Scott Pollock on loan who scored loads of free kicks (if anyone knows about Hashtag United they will remember the name). 

Didn't really spend that much in the summer, got in Hardley (CB from Man Utd) on a free who has been excellent with this kid called Haysman (CM) who was released by Spurs, paid 40k for a decent LB, then on deadline day Berahino was available so I brought him in lol He is the highest earner, but his wages aren't too bad, however he has been absolutely crap, trains terribly then moans when you call him out on it. I was gonna get rid in Jan but he's got himself injured so doubt anyone would want him. Maybe he'll come up with something useful in the 2nd half of the season. I'm doing surprisingly well in League 2, predicted to finish 15th but I'm in 4th place at the moment and we look at home at this level.

On 27/07/2022 at 14:58, Ian W LCFC said:

Going Torquay on holiday soon, so thought I would start a save with them a few weeks ago. Managed to finish 2nd in the Vanamara National League and got promoted through the playoffs. I had Scott Pollock on loan who scored loads of free kicks (if anyone knows about Hashtag United they will remember the name). 

Didn't really spend that much in the summer, got in Hardley (CB from Man Utd) on a free who has been excellent with this kid called Haysman (CM) who was released by Spurs, paid 40k for a decent LB, then on deadline day Berahino was available so I brought him in lol He is the highest earner, but his wages aren't too bad, however he has been absolutely crap, trains terribly then moans when you call him out on it. I was gonna get rid in Jan but he's got himself injured so doubt anyone would want him. Maybe he'll come up with something useful in the 2nd half of the season. I'm doing surprisingly well in League 2, predicted to finish 15th but I'm in 4th place at the moment and we look at home at this level.

I like the players who could score 6 goals and you praise them for their ability in front of goal and they kick off. "Well played tonight"

"F*** off, you make me sick"

Edited by Tommy Fresh

21 minutes ago, sdb said:

Just been bought this. Can anyone help on getting badges etc please? Assuming there's no rolling transfer updates available too? Thanks x

https://sortitoutsi.net/

I would say you want the real name fix, logo pack, kit pack

They also have a live transfer update you can use

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

On 30/07/2022 at 20:20, moore_94 said:

https://sortitoutsi.net/

I would say you want the real name fix, logo pack, kit pack

They also have a live transfer update you can use

On 30/07/2022 at 21:00, Tommy Fresh said:

Get the trophy pack as well, weirdly makes it a lot more enjoyable

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm22-trophies-megapack.html

Me again 🤣 sorry.. 

I've downloaded these but they've not been added to the game. I unzipped the folders and stuck them in the fm2022 folder but amazingly my made up method didn't yield results. Any assistance please? Last time! 

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Me again 🤣 sorry.. 

I've downloaded these but they've not been added to the game. I unzipped the folders and stuck them in the fm2022 folder but amazingly my made up method didn't yield results. Any assistance please? Last time! 

This video is for graphics - kits, logos, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwQ5YBjQ61s&ab_channel=WorkTheSpace

This video is for real name fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHrhgEG2YbM&ab_channel=DemandMoreFM

If you also go on the real name fix page, it has the instructions

https://sortitoutsi.net/content/58921/fm2022-licensing-and-real-name-fix-file-not-released-yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This video is for graphics - kits, logos, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwQ5YBjQ61s&ab_channel=WorkTheSpace

This video is for real name fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHrhgEG2YbM&ab_channel=DemandMoreFM

If you also go on the real name fix page, it has the instructions

https://sortitoutsi.net/content/58921/fm2022-licensing-and-real-name-fix-file-not-released-yet

Hero, thanks!

• Like 1

On 15/07/2022 at 12:23, Dan LCFC said:

3rd in the league after about 15 games which given the level of the squad and the injuries I'm really happy with, although the table isn't clear cut. Had some absolutely stupid scores in both ways. For some context of the kind of side we are I beat 2nd placed Newell's away 0-4 but lost to 17th placed Defensa y Justicia 1-5, with it 1-1 after 80 minutes.

Can't defend very well but I'm playing attack is the best form of defence (tbh this is overpowered on both 21 and 22) and we're quite good going forward, albeit we're still getting by with a playmaker type playing as my most defensive minded midfielder which I'm not a fan of, but there's literally no other alternative beyond playing this pretty crap 18 year old (he is literally the only player in any squad I have that can play DM).

Sold another youngster to River for £800k who I don't massively rate which was good, plus the odd clause comes in, but we're still in a pretty bad way financially. I don't understand why I can't sign anybody yet virtually everyone in the league can despite the fact virtually everyone else is also in bad debt. I'm not asking for much money, a couple of free agents would suffice.

I think 7 teams make the Libertadores so I'm quite confident we'll make it, although it's a tight table. Boca might as well have their name engraved onto the trophy already. Was a gutting game away there, went with about 4 missing anyway, had an early red card, took the lead but they got two late goals following a barrage.

River Plate have been abject. They're in relegation trouble at this rate. Although I've seen this before with them.

Gonna be a very tricky leg of the journey I think this one. I like the fact it is because Kaizer Chiefs, and to a degree Monterrey were a bit easy. I've won the last four Champions Leagues I entered.

Slow burner and I don't really like the chaos in a way but I'm getting into it. Got a striker who has been in incredible form. He'd scored I think 13 in the first 5 games from an xg of about 4.06 - and that included a missed penalty.

One thing that works against Argentina is their season runs alongside Europe's but the Libertadores runs by the calendar. Haven't looked at the exact timings but I'm not relishing the idea of playing a match fit Brazilian side while still in pre-season.

Finished 2nd in the league and won the cup. So the weird schedule is that by winning the 2036 Argentine Cup I qualified for the 2037 Libertadores anyway, so I played the group stage in the second half of the season and I ended up winning my group. Sadly though ran into Atletico Mineiro who've won it the last two seasons with a quite depleted squad and we narrowly went out.

As I feared the Brazilian sides have an advantage and the fact I was in such a squad transition mid-season really hit us - I tried to fix this before the tie but the timings really hit us and I ended up playing my reserve keeper in the second leg. The key thing that's changed is I've finally got money as I've somehow managed to fleece Mainz for £20mil for a young defender - he did win POTS but I don't think he's some world beater and I expected half of that maximum.

Annoyingly got knocked out the Argentine Cup of 2037 by Boca in the first round. Awful draw and means to qualify for 2038 I'll have to do it via the league - though to be honest I'm pretty confident I'll be able to. Beat Velez away on the opening day and totally dominated. My squad in theory should be better this season.

I will crack the Libertadores but I think it might take until probably 2039.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Finished 2nd in the league and won the cup. So the weird schedule is that by winning the 2036 Argentine Cup I qualified for the 2037 Libertadores anyway, so I played the group stage in the second half of the season and I ended up winning my group. Sadly though ran into Atletico Mineiro who've won it the last two seasons with a quite depleted squad and we narrowly went out.

As I feared the Brazilian sides have an advantage and the fact I was in such a squad transition mid-season really hit us - I tried to fix this before the tie but the timings really hit us and I ended up playing my reserve keeper in the second leg. The key thing that's changed is I've finally got money as I've somehow managed to fleece Mainz for £20mil for a young defender - he did win POTS but I don't think he's some world beater and I expected half of that maximum.

Annoyingly got knocked out the Argentine Cup of 2037 by Boca in the first round. Awful draw and means to qualify for 2038 I'll have to do it via the league - though to be honest I'm pretty confident I'll be able to. Beat Velez away on the opening day and totally dominated. My squad in theory should be better this season.

I will crack the Libertadores but I think it might take until probably 2039.

I started at the start of 2021 with my Chilean side and think I won it in 2023, got knocked out in the Quarters the following year and I'm not sure how qualification for the 2025 Club World Cup works but I'm in it.

Don't you get a few league spots for Argentina anyway? I know out of 20 in Brazil like 14 teams qualify for continental competition, 4 go down leaving like 2 sides who have 'nothing' seasons 🤣

Edited by Tommy Fresh

25 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I started at the start of 2021 with my Chilean side and think I won it in 2023, got knocked out in the Quarters the following year and I'm not sure how qualification for the 2025 Club World Cup works but I'm in it.

Don't you get a few league spots for Argentina anyway? I know out of 20 in Brazil like 14 teams qualify for continental competition, 4 go down leaving like 2 sides who have 'nothing' seasons 🤣

You get something like 7 spots. The knockouts were a joke, 7 Brazilian sides, 6 Argentine and 3 Uruguayan.

I didn't expect to even be in this competition this soon and with the way the squad needed restructuring anyway this was a bit of a free hit for me, although it's a shame to lose my run of CL's won in a row that I've entered lol 

Won my first six games in the new season including beating Boca away, gone and lost my best player for £6mil and can't even replace him either. Didn't even spot his foreign club clause. I had a feeling I might win the league but that's gone now.

Still not entirely happy with my squad. I've got about £8mil to spend though so I'll pad it out in January ahead of the next Libertadores.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Won my first six games in the new season including beating Boca away, gone and lost my best player for £6mil and can't even replace him either. Didn't even spot his foreign club clause. I had a feeling I might win the league but that's gone now.

Still not entirely happy with my squad. I've got about £8mil to spend though so I'll pad it out in January ahead of the next Libertadores.

Get some Venezuelans and Ecuadorians on board. I've just gone back to my Chile save having not played in a while, 5th season now having started there. Chile has pretty good foreigner rules, anyone under 21 doesn't count and you're allowed 5 over 21. At the stage now where the lads I signed year 1 are going to count towards the limit but also close to gaining citizenship. Which means I don't have to worry about the next crop turning 21 and not being able to register them.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Back to back promotions with Torquay. League one it is! Think this season will be a bit harder, we don't really have the finances to do anything other than signing players under 50k or getting players in on a free.

Had Braybrooke on loan last season and gonna give Will Alves a go this season and see how he does.

My god I've got the absolute group of death in the Libertadores. Palmeiras, Gremio and Nacional. That's an absolutely mental group. Brazilian champions, another top Brazilian side, Uruguayan champions, then us who are top of the Argentine league (but I think Boca are going to hunt us down now annoyingly).

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

That's crazy. What was the most that he got in one game? 

He scored 4 goals in 3 games

He scored 3 goals in 2 games

He scored 2 goals in 12 games

He scored 1 goal in 13 games

He scored 15 penalties, missed 6, so he could've actually got 61 lol

Edited by moore_94

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Wow lol 

Did anyone get crazy assist stats as a result? 

My highest in the league was my left winger with 17

My right winger got 11

My centre mids got 10 and 7

My back up left winger got 9

My right back got 8

My back up centre mid got 6

My left back got 5

My back up right winger got 5, and my youth right winger got 4

Edited by moore_94

Just about to enter 2031, Man City is getting a bit boring now just winning every game quite easily but then I noticed Leicester had sacked their manager...

The clubs finances aren't too good, the squad is a bit of a mess outside of a decent starting 11 but a lot of the those starting players are getting into their mid-30s now - includes Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans, Barnes and JJ who are still there

I couldn't resist, I felt like I needed to go in there and sort it out!

Kind of made a mistake straight away though, rather than resigning and getting the job I joined straight from Man City which cost Leicester £20m... not a good start for the already poor finances lol

image.thumb.png.f1367210af28308c3ee648d431554f21.png

Edited by moore_94

I'm in 2038 on my pentagon and Rodgers is still there lol literally it's been about 16 seasons of midtable as well. He did win the conference league once. What's made me laugh is he isn't listed under even favoured personnel nor are Leicester under his favoured clubs.

Libertadores is killing me. I'm yet to make even the quarters in two attempts. Won the league and cup in Argentina but both times have run into the hardest possible draw in the round of 16 and gone out narrowly. Was absolutely adamant it went to penalties so didn't push that hard at 2-2 at home to Flamengo (drew 1-1 away) and it turns out its away goals. I like managing these and I've really sorted out the mess, making them a pretty solid all round team with healthy finances (the latter a miracle in Argentina) but can't help but feel we're never going to be good enough to overhaul the Brazilians and I'm tempted to get over there if I can.

• Haha 1