Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

Despise the game. Made an unreal start at Monterrey. Have fought through a silly number of injuries already (absolutely mad how many you get in Mexico) and we finally get a couple of weeks off. Squad virtually fully refreshed. The big derby at home to Tigres, managed by none other than the same bloke who was at Johor DT for years when I was in Malaysia, rekindling an old rivalry.

Lose 0-1. Totally shithoused. Sickening.

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2022 at 23:22, moore_94 said:

Coalville Town are going up to the Prem as Champions! Came down to the final day, we beat Bournemouth 3-0 as Southampton lost 2-1 to Fulham!

Budget for next season isn't too bad either (£29m Transfer Budget, and £250k Wage Budget available), eyeing up a couple of frees but should still be plenty for me to do some bargain hunting to improve our squad enough to hopefully stay up

Rodel Richards has been with us since we were in the National League and now has 135 goals in 180 games for us after his 24 goals this season

O'Malley, Blair, and Devlin the real standouts this season for me - all 3 brought in on frees, O'Malley in on a free from Shamrock Rovers and just 20 years old, Blair and Devlin both 21 and in for free from Northern Ireland

That whole starting 11 cost just £17.75k which was on Connor Shaughnessy, the rest all free transfers (not sure why MacPherson is there, should be Ruben Colwill who was also free)

image.png.f955ca8bdc829bf59c635c58029a4954.png

image.thumb.png.f83b4427cee5d635a2e92b2ada3f0a82.png

Ah yes Rodel Richards, famously honking for me in my QPR save a few years back. Glad to see him doing well.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Ukraine Slovakia, the final nobody wants lol

Beats the final four years earlier of Czech Republic vs Canada lol Colombia and China contested the 3rd place game. Godknows what's happened to this game. I only made the Semi finals 4 years later along with Wales, Czech Republic and Nigeria

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Beats the final four years earlier of Czech Republic vs Canada lol Colombia and China contested the 3rd place game. Godknows what's happened to this game. I only made the Semi finals 4 years later along with Wales, Czech Republic and Nigeria

What the heck?! How far into the game are you? lol

Have you banned the top 10 countries from entering? haha

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

2052 and retired, I have none of the major leagues playable, I do have Slovakia who have reached the semis of a major tournament atleast 3 times. Czech Republic is a bizarre one though lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Torten said:

Ah yes Rodel Richards, famously honking for me in my QPR save a few years back. Glad to see him doing well.

Yeah he has been brilliant to get us up to the Prem

Barely had a sniff in our 1st season up though, just 6 league appearances and 1 league goal, not had a chance since we signed Fabio Silva in the summer who has done really well

Richards will probably be sold in the summer, got a South Korean striker out on loan doing well in the Championship, so a bit of a shame as he has basically been firing us up the leagues since the National League

Not bad for our first ever season in the Prem I feel, well clear of the relegation zone but still a fair bit behind even top half (lol Man City, and wtf Everton)

Our full backs both had very poor seasons, signed a new right back in January who has already been doing better, and already lined up a left back to sign in the summer

£37m transfer budget and £300k extra wage budget is decent enough for me to play around with in the summer - still at the point where I like to pick up bargains not go big on just 1 player, doubt I will go above £10m or so for one player

image.png.7080f82982683b52635af7bbdb5adee5.png

image.png.137e6b47f92b817d89faf3410e5aeab2.png

I came 1st in the Apertura which was great, but we ended up losing in the quarters to Chivas who finished 11th. Lost both games 1-0. Absolute bottlers this lot. My key for any signings now is relishing playing in big games. I don't think I need an overhaul but just maybe a touch more leadership.

Think I was a little unlucky too really. I play a 4-2-3-1 attacking system and then a 4-4-2 counter attacking system, and my only decent attacking mid got injured before it so I got forced into playing the counter attacking system against a side who were going to sit back against us.

Gonna cash in on Ben Nelson I think. He's done well but we need foreign slots free and he's 30 now. This is a quite tricky leg of this save I think. You've got to be quite clever with who you buy. It's criminal to finish 1st and go out in the quarters though. Proper choke. But it's not the first time.

On 13/06/2022 at 13:11, Tommy Fresh said:

Gone back on my Unión Española save, in my 3rd season and the regen I signed from O'Higgins at the start of my second season made the NXGN list, shame he wasn't from my own intake but I'll take having a Chilean lad in it.

Won the Libertadores in my 3rd season, also the NXGN list in my 4th season has 4 of my players in it now 

Coalville Town's 2nd season in the Prem and we get European football as we finish 5th and pick up our first major trophy with the FA Cup!

Our run to the Final was pretty straightforward - Brighton, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Swansea, Southampton and Leeds who we beat 3-1 in the Final

A few positions definitely need improving - struggling to get a left back to do well, and can definitely improve on our DM and Gray

image.png.d3cc1f24c2601b45084ae7ccf71b3bbc.png

image.thumb.png.2fdbf1474973ade120d9d598201a5583.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

We commited 40 fouls in a game last night against Tigres lol highest I've ever seen in a game. Ref was horrific.

I lost in the quarters of the Clausura too. It's getting very annoying. Reckon we'll push this time though. I've spent quite big this time around and the squad hasn't really got many gaps. It's a tough schedule mind.

They don't half play in some tripe over here. I made the super cup by being runner up in the Copa MX final (Club America swept everything, Apertura, Clausura, Copa MX and the Champions League), and we did win that so it's my first silverware at Monterrey. I'm then going to play Seattle in an inter leagues super cup off the back of winning that. They have 'leagues cup' which is between MLS and Liga MX teams (what is the point!!!!) and I even took charge of the MLS Allstars v Liga MX Allstars game, which MLS has won 13 years running and I lost 4-0, absolute waste of time as I have masked attributes and couldn't even see what I was working with.

I'm in a CL group with Tigres (!!!), Pachuca, New York City and Forge FC of Canada. You only play each team once and luckily my easiest opposition, Forge, is away. Tigres is at home. You're into the last 16 if you come in the top 2 (which I should because I beat NYC at home) but if you come 3rd-5th you have a second bite in the play-offs, an extra three sides go into the last 16, making it that 11 of the 16 will come from USA, Mexico or Canada. It's so heavily weighted towards USA and Mexico but I don't entirely blame them either.

I want a big trophy this season. Ideally we take one of the Apertura / Clausura and then the CL, and then that'd be me done with Mexico.

The Apertura is ours. Absolutely demolished it.

image.thumb.png.a290d0dce896e47e2cb6ae673c6b0eb2.png

image.png.afad3e20be62b7cb363510787542cbf8.png

I want that CL this season. We're the best side in it on that evidence.

All over two legs bar the first round which explains the scores lol demolition job that though.

On 10/06/2022 at 22:28, AjcW said:

Quick Poll

Is it just me… or in a central midfield two, do you always put the defensive minded player on the right and the attack minded player in the left? lollol 

Depends on their preferred feet and what role I want the more attack minded midfielder to play. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Anyone else in the minority and have attributes visible?

I've done both. 

I default to having attribute masking on, especially if I'm going to be playing as a top flight club, doing a Leicester save or whatever. 

I have played with it off however and I think I find that more enjoyable when I'm playing as a club with a more limited budget, fewer scouts and all of that jazz. 

I know the Puritans on here who like playing a lot of lower level FM or more obscure semi pro leagues might find that a kind of blasphemy but I find that I end up signing the same players on every save and just going back to the same known quantities out of laziness otherwise. Or getting frustrated having to comb through every league slowly revealing stats with rubbish scouts taking weeks and months to do it. 

If I play without making I can search for specific attributes I want and pick up a few more obscure gems and have a bit more fun putting a squad together on a dime. 

Again, though, I'd probably only do this if I'm managing clubs kinda in the middle of the pyramid. Your League One and Two clubs. It would probably feel like cheating managing either a Premier League team or a Conference one that way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Anyone else in the minority and have attributes visible?

I often go visible to be honest but it does feel a bit of a cheat - I think part of it is just wanting to know how good they are on the game for any players we're linked with as well tbh lol 

I've got them masked on the pentagon as it's a part of the rules. It does make recruitment harder but it's still workable.

After losing my Coalville save, I have been trying to think of a new save to do

Going to holiday a season into the future and then see if there is a good job available, if not then holiday another season and so on

Edited by moore_94

5 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Did you manage to play any games in Europe with them ?

Yeah had played 1 Europa League game against Brondby and won

Had finished 5th and won the FA Cup the season before

Really annoyed as I had just got my first team squad into a good place and was just starting to pick up good youngsters

Turned on monthly auto saves rolling across 3 save files so if it ever happens again I should at least have a back up to go to

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Started a new save - holidayed to christmas to see if there were any interesting jobs, there wasn't so holidayed to the end of the season to check again, there wasn't so same again and so on until Christmas 2023 and think I might have found an interesting job

Sevilla actually won the league in 21/22, then finished 7th in 22/23, now currently 10th at Christmas in 23/24

What is most interesting is that the squad is getting quite old and they have signed just 1 first team player in the game so far, and that was also the last player they actually signed, in January 2022

Just 5 players under 29 in the first team, and no real good looking talents in the youth teams - time for a big rebuild!

image.png.d9280cfd3bff89a819380d2ba66a0a79.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1