Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

Number 3 is ours. The run to the final was a blast, thwarted at home by Columbus but thumped them away, beat Pachuca 9-7 on aggregate lol in the most ridiculous two legs you'll see. America in the semis, beat them 2-0 at home, went down to 9 men late on away but held on after conceding in the 91st min, which was a relief as they'd have beaten us for sure if it had gone to ET. 2-1 on aggregate.

Chivas away in the final. Procession. Won 0-3 barely breaking a sweat. We are quite considerably the best team in Mexico now.

Got my Clausura play-offs then I'm out of here I think. It's been fun but I'm not sticking around just to win the Copa MX and Leagues Cup. South America next for me. Aiming for Argentina, want to avoid Brazil because I hate the silly abbreviated names (which I sorted but the game update got rid of them again) and the ridiculous schedule of two seasons in one. I actually wouldn't say no to Penarol or Nacional but I do fear in a way it'd be boring in the sense the league would be a cakewalk. I do quite like the league title races within this save too and it isn't solely about getting the Champions Leagues.

Getting closer now.

On 05/07/2022 at 15:07, Dan LCFC said:

Number 3 is ours. The run to the final was a blast, thwarted at home by Columbus but thumped them away, beat Pachuca 9-7 on aggregate lol in the most ridiculous two legs you'll see. America in the semis, beat them 2-0 at home, went down to 9 men late on away but held on after conceding in the 91st min, which was a relief as they'd have beaten us for sure if it had gone to ET. 2-1 on aggregate.

Chivas away in the final. Procession. Won 0-3 barely breaking a sweat. We are quite considerably the best team in Mexico now.

Got my Clausura play-offs then I'm out of here I think. It's been fun but I'm not sticking around just to win the Copa MX and Leagues Cup. South America next for me. Aiming for Argentina, want to avoid Brazil because I hate the silly abbreviated names (which I sorted but the game update got rid of them again) and the ridiculous schedule of two seasons in one. I actually wouldn't say no to Penarol or Nacional but I do fear in a way it'd be boring in the sense the league would be a cakewalk. I do quite like the league title races within this save too and it isn't solely about getting the Champions Leagues.

Getting closer now.

I think you'll find the continental stuff way too easy if you're in one of the big two. 

29 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I think you'll find the continental stuff way too easy if you're in one of the big two. 

I've taken a bit of a gamble and I've bagged the Argentinos Juniors job. They're in a pretty poor financial situation (but it appears virtually everyone in the country is), they came 16th last season but 3rd the year before, and are predicted 10th. This is a good balance between attainable yet still a challenge. I think I'll be here longer than I was in South Africa and Mexico.

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've taken a bit of a gamble and I've bagged the Argentinos Juniors job. They're in a pretty poor financial situation (but it appears virtually everyone in the country is), they came 16th last season but 3rd the year before, and are predicted 10th. This is a good balance between attainable yet still a challenge. I think I'll be here longer than I was in South Africa and Mexico.

Yeah Argentina is a mess financially on this years, should get some decent regens with them.

43 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah Argentina is a mess financially on this years, should get some decent regens with them.

It put me off these until I noticed how big a mess it was in virtually the whole league. These have a few quite good youngsters which is something but I was thinking I'd cash in on one of them to sort the finances out a bit (as I literally cannot make a signing in this situation) but the most sellable one has just gone and signed a new contract.

This one is going to be tough. It's going to be much harder to get the squad I want. I do think it's inevitable I end up selling a couple of these youngsters though. It's a necessary evil.

Yet another squad with about 7 attacking mids and not a single defensive. How do they do it?

Edited by Dan LCFC

On 02/07/2022 at 21:57, moore_94 said:

After losing my Coalville save, I have been trying to think of a new save to do

Going to holiday a season into the future and then see if there is a good job available, if not then holiday another season and so on

No idea how you can stomach another game already, I did something similar with a Fisher Athletic save about 10 years ago and I couldn't look at FM for at least 6 months haha.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

No idea how you can stomach another game already, I did something similar with a Fisher Athletic save about 10 years ago and I couldn't look at FM for at least 6 months haha.

Thankfully my interest in the save was kind of dropping anyway - so although it still hurts to have lost the save, it hasn't quite ruined my interest in FM yet haha

Quite enjoying this Sevilla save as well

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Get in there, Arsenal have just given me £2.7mil and a 40% clause for the one I was planning on using the least. Unreal bit of luck.

Benefits I will see from this? I'm a youngster down and our wage bill, rather than being £30k a week over the wage bill, is now £18k a week over the wage bill. So we can still sign nobody.

This is going to be very tricky.

Fantastic news, one of my other attacking midfielders ends up out for 4 months, and then the next game the other does too. So annoying. Perfect chance for them to get some development time and they both crock it.

We have started ridiculously well though. We're scoring absolute bucket loads. I think we've had a fairly kind opening few games but we're absolutely thrashing a lot of them. I'm again feeling it's a bit easy.

3rd in the league after about 15 games which given the level of the squad and the injuries I'm really happy with, although the table isn't clear cut. Had some absolutely stupid scores in both ways. For some context of the kind of side we are I beat 2nd placed Newell's away 0-4 but lost to 17th placed Defensa y Justicia 1-5, with it 1-1 after 80 minutes.

Can't defend very well but I'm playing attack is the best form of defence (tbh this is overpowered on both 21 and 22) and we're quite good going forward, albeit we're still getting by with a playmaker type playing as my most defensive minded midfielder which I'm not a fan of, but there's literally no other alternative beyond playing this pretty crap 18 year old (he is literally the only player in any squad I have that can play DM).

Sold another youngster to River for £800k who I don't massively rate which was good, plus the odd clause comes in, but we're still in a pretty bad way financially. I don't understand why I can't sign anybody yet virtually everyone in the league can despite the fact virtually everyone else is also in bad debt. I'm not asking for much money, a couple of free agents would suffice.

I think 7 teams make the Libertadores so I'm quite confident we'll make it, although it's a tight table. Boca might as well have their name engraved onto the trophy already. Was a gutting game away there, went with about 4 missing anyway, had an early red card, took the lead but they got two late goals following a barrage.

River Plate have been abject. They're in relegation trouble at this rate. Although I've seen this before with them.

Gonna be a very tricky leg of the journey I think this one. I like the fact it is because Kaizer Chiefs, and to a degree Monterrey were a bit easy. I've won the last four Champions Leagues I entered.

Slow burner and I don't really like the chaos in a way but I'm getting into it. Got a striker who has been in incredible form. He'd scored I think 13 in the first 5 games from an xg of about 4.06 - and that included a missed penalty.

One thing that works against Argentina is their season runs alongside Europe's but the Libertadores runs by the calendar. Haven't looked at the exact timings but I'm not relishing the idea of playing a match fit Brazilian side while still in pre-season.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

Just curious what you guys do when it comes time to negotiate your own contract at a club? Do you try to get yourself as big a deal as you can or do you lower your demands so that you have more money to spend elsewhere in the game?

11 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Just curious what you guys do when it comes time to negotiate your own contract at a club? Do you try to get yourself as big a deal as you can or do you lower your demands so that you have more money to spend elsewhere in the game?

I don’t find it important I just accept what they offer

On 23/07/2022 at 13:57, TiffToff88 said:

Makes very little difference I think. Never really thought of it like that but it's never bothered me.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I do wonder if it makes you less likely to be sacked if your contract is more expensive.. (I do doubt that the AI is that clever though to be weighing up financial implications like that though, if I'm honest)

I think it might make a bit of a difference

Your wages/length of contract certainly make a difference when it comes to moving clubs and compensation fee's, sometimes clubs will ask you to ask your club to lower the fee or just straight up say we can't hire you unless you find another way out of your current contract (resign basically)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think it might make a bit of a difference

Your wages/length of contract certainly make a difference when it comes to moving clubs and compensation fee's, sometimes clubs will ask you to ask your club to lower the fee or just straight up say we can't hire you unless you find another way out of your current contract (resign basically)

I always stick to the lowest wage and 10% compensation

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I do wonder if it makes you less likely to be sacked if your contract is more expensive.. (I do doubt that the AI is that clever though to be weighing up financial implications like that though, if I'm honest)

Get sacked? That's a thing?

Currently at Barcelona in my unemployed save, my team is that good that so far this season we are smashing a fair few teams - we even had a 12-0 win last season

image.thumb.png.321550075b3c5038e0335d613048bca9.png

It is pretty fun lol I am looking to leave though, not managed in England yet and eyeing up a "big 6" job if any come up

image.thumb.png.425c64e7db040858e62201544db27852.png

Alania - Russian Championship x1

Adana - Turkish League, Cup, and domestic Super Cup x1

Genk - Belgian League, Cup, domestic Super Cup, and Europa Confernce x1

Dortmund - German Cup x1

Barcelona - Spanish League, Cup, Europa League, and European Super Cup x1

Man City paying out £11.5m for me

image.png.92b0afc1f33e0dcb31454bf8f416e599.png

Couldn't resist that transfer budget though lol managed to get the wage up to £150k as well (not that it actually means anything, just thought I would see how much I could get out of them haha)

image.png.08269f36502ef8b15df78532c90f618b.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1