Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

2 hours ago, leicester4life said:

Anyone played in Ireland at all, the work permit rules say £293 per week, does that mean any non eu player gets a work permit if they're paid more than the 293?

I have but never long enough or at a team big enough to be in the situation where I could sign anyone that exotic.

Although in Denmark they have a similar ruling that any non-EU players have to be paid over £700 something a week to get a work permit, so I'd imagine it's similar.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Finally played this today, as it was sapping my time so had purposely resisted for years. It’s the first FM (other than mobile) I’ve played since about 2019.

I didn’t like it.  

Uninstalled. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Finally played this today, as it was sapping my time so had purposely resisted for years. It’s the first FM (other than mobile) I’ve played since about 2019.

I didn’t like it.  

Uninstalled. 

How long did you play it for? I usually find the new ones crap for a few weeks, until I actually get in to a save 

This game will never not surprise me lol 

Absolutely cruised to the top of the table after 10 games with Brighton… then lose 5 in a row and showing no signs of changing… not altered a single thing

****s sake lol 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, AjcW said:

This game will never not surprise me lol 

Absolutely cruised to the top of the table after 10 games with Brighton… then lose 5 in a row and showing no signs of changing… not altered a single thing

****s sake lol 

I’m 14 years into my save and have just been at Tenerife for 7 years and took them to 3rd in league and felt I couldn’t do anything else as Real and Barca have 5 times the wage budget I did, Napoli come offer me the job so I accept, gave me £150 mill transfer fund with the promise of signing under 23’s as average squad age was over 30, did the transfer window won a few games lost a few games and was then sacked the day after the transfer window shut for having insufficient support, a total of 99 days in the job 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I’m 14 years into my save and have just been at Tenerife for 7 years and took them to 3rd in league and felt I couldn’t do anything else as Real and Barca have 5 times the wage budget I did, Napoli come offer me the job so I accept, gave me £150 mill transfer fund with the promise of signing under 23’s as average squad age was over 30, did the transfer window won a few games lost a few games and was then sacked the day after the transfer window shut for having insufficient support, a total of 99 days in the job 

Madness!

It's a strange one with this Brighton game, expectation is something silly like just above relegation first season, so technically i'm already safe lol 

But obviously it'll be frustrating if what appeared to be a first season top 4 turns into mid table.

Squad is the issue, not enough back up for wing back or centre back, playing a back 3 so really need 5 high quality CB's and have 3 high quality and two prospects at the minute.

Paco Alcacer went from scoring 8 in 8 to none in 6 which hasn't helped as we've gone from my version of Brighton to the Brighton in Potters first season (0-0, 1-0, 0-1)

And my high press is knackering everyone and without the squad depth it's clearly catching up with us already.

Edited by AjcW

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I gave up in Argentina in the end. Problem is I've gone to Brazil and joined the scummiest of all, but it's quite a fun league again even if the calendar is ****ing tough.

Lots of money in this league though.

Love the idea of Brazil but as soon as I see the calendar it puts me off. Also the fact state games count towards player league stats is daft.

Just finished my 6th season in Chile, 3rd Libertadores title, all 3 coming in the last 4 years.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lost to Santos in the semis and I'm running out of time. I've legged it to Europe. AC Milan it is. Some journey even if I never finish it, Terengganu to AC Milan lol 

You've had no luck in South America at all, you'd of probably been better going to a smaller nation and just building momentum by dominating domestically. I ended up resigning at the end of my sixth season in Chile with Espanola as it got too easy and then joined a decent sized club who had just got relegated, got them up resigned again, then went to Uruguay.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You've had no luck in South America at all, you'd of probably been better going to a smaller nation and just building momentum by dominating domestically. I ended up resigning at the end of my sixth season in Chile with Espanola as it got too easy and then joined a decent sized club who had just got relegated, got them up resigned again, then went to Uruguay.

I made the same mistake twice in that I picked an average side where I thought I can win these the league then win the Libertadores. Well I did bag the league with both clubs but the Libertadores was a step too far, though I do think I had some absurdly crap luck with the draws. For a bit of context I've gone to AC Milan and one of the first players I scouted was a Flamengo winger who absolutely shredded me in that second leg at their place (Defilippis), I've ended up buying him for £13mil and my coaches rate him as my best player already. So I've knocked out a side with Bragantino over two legs that had a player in it that was better than anybody at AC Milan and there's a couple of others of theirs I'm also looking at. I basically knocked out a side with a midtable PL level squad with a high Championship level one myself. I was always on a bit of a hiding to nothing. There's barely one player at Bragantino I'd consider bringing to Milan - even the two best young prospects aren't really worth the money.

I'd have possibly cracked it but I just need to do Europe and then roll into someone like Flamengo to hopefully take it first time. Although Europe isn't going to be easy at all. AC Milan is a great job, I did want one of the Milan clubs, but it's still a job in itself. They had a period about 7/8 years ago where they won 4 leagues in a row, came 2nd in a couple of recent years but Lazio have dominated the last few years. They're predicted 6th now but they've really dropped off, massive squad overhaul needed largely due to retirees. I'll have the money to do it though. Even this season I've taken them from 12th to 7th and I've hit a run where I've got 7 wins in 8. I only needed to get a top 7 finish this season as well, I think I could win the league next season based on how I've finished this season.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

I tried this again this morning. 

I’ve formed the opinion that it’s now overly complicated and I could do with a slightly watered down version. 

Bits have obviously been added in since I last purchased a football manager game, however I found it a bit OTT. 

So it’s been uninstalled again 😂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sly said:

I tried this again this morning. 

I’ve formed the opinion that it’s now overly complicated and I could do with a slightly watered down version. 

Bits have obviously been added in since I last purchased a football manager game, however I found it a bit OTT. 

So it’s been uninstalled again 😂 

Try the touch version. 

Seen a topic on Reddit about where various managers end up with their careers, I’m in 2040 on my save 

few examples 

Sean Dyche left Burnley in 2026 joined Palace then Newcastle then went international manager afterwards with Croatia then Italy and is now Portugals manager, since leaving Burnley longest time out of a job is 2 days, only being sacked once

Steven Gerrard left Villa 2026, then managed Sevilla, Real Betis,Espanyol,Genoa,Undinese,Eibar and is current manager of Roma, he’s been sacked at every job 

Brendan Rogers left LCFC in 2023, then managed Napoli,Porto,Chelsea,Dortmund and is current manager to inter Milan, he’s been sacked at every job 

Nobody is more Brendan than me. Woeful second half of the season. Capped off by scoring a 92nd minute goal to qualify for the Champions League against all the odds on the final day, and then conceded a 95th minute goal to already relegated Everton sending me back into the Europa League.
:brendan:

1824115710_PositionChart.thumb.png.fd5640ca5b0eca8b697ebd5278677dd9.pngMatches.thumb.png.555e855c4dcb07c0ff894f508881cf50.png

AI managed Haaland got 55 league goals and 68 in all competitions.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...