Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
trueblue_j

ryan smith

ryan smith  

53 members have voted

1. 1. extend his loan or not

• yes
    • no

I'm not sure napalm.. It all depends on what happens next week when we play Reading in the CC.. If we get knocked out then you have a good chance of keeping him for the season, if we progress then I'd rate your chances as 50/50..

I don't want to be harsh or ungrateful but I do feel Smith would have been better off going to a more footballing type team, such as Wolves.. I think it would had suited him better.. (This is just based on what I have read in here)

I have herd with have the option to buy believe it or not. I doubt he will come at all cheap though.

i would love to see smithy on a perm but i dont think it will happen for two reasons arsenal wont let a gr8 talent like him slip from their fingers and he wud cost too much

I would be very suprised (& gutted) if we sold him to anyone.. He signed a 5 year contract last season and I personally believe by next season he'll be very close to our first team.. It looks like Pires will be leaving and Freddie misses loads of games a season.. Incidentally for the reserves Smith and Quincy used to swap flanks all the time so he can play on the right.. But I think he's only played once up front!

Any of your games gonna be televised soon?

I'm not sure napalm.. It all depends on what happens next week when we play Reading in the CC.. If we get knocked out then you have a good chance of keeping him for the season, if we progress then I'd rate your chances as 50/50..

What about signing him permanently? How much money do arsenal rate him at?

should leicester extend ryan smiths loan or not

No, he's rubbish.

:rolleyes:

I don't want to be harsh or ungrateful but I do feel Smith would have been better off going to a more footballing type team, such as Wolves.. I think it would had suited him better.. (This is just based on what I have read in here)

Not often you see those two phrases in the same sentence.

the kid is dynamite we just have to keep him. weather its for 3 years or for another 6 or 7 months. he must enjoy playing 1st team football, he obviously enjoys the stadium as when he won the corner that led to the peno he was raising his arms to get the crowd g'd up a bit. it worked! i dont know if hes good enough for the arsenal 1st team, or how much he is rated at. but if we can get him. why dont we?!!!!!

Hi GoonerSmith fan,

Sorry to say that all the praise of Smith has been a smokescreen - nothing but verbal fantasy created as an antidote for our lousy season.

The truth is that Smith is nothing but a lightweight, toy footballer who should be in the circus. Why even our own players were so unimpressed at Preston that they didn't bother passing to him and have you seen some of his defensive tackling? He makes Paul Scholes look better than Norman Hunter.

Never scores either - that's the reason he's popular at Leicester, nothing else. Not scoring is something we pride ourselves in at Leicester so Smith is perfect. In fact he very rarely shoots at all just in case he does score and upsets the management who base all their tactical philosophies around Nils - at least they did until Nils ruined our latest Nil and looks likely to be given Nil more chances in the team!.

Doubtless Wenger will want him back at Christmas and he'd be welcome but the boy is still so clearly short of match practice (being substituted 15 minutes from time during our last match cos he was SO KNACKERERD) I really think it would be cruelty to contemplate playing him in the Premiership.

I know Leicester are so concerned about his stamina they are planning extra fitness sessions for him (starting around February) so he should be in tip-top condition around the end of May. Look forward to seeing you then but by all means be late if you wish.

Bye now (just going out - and may be some time)!!!!!

He`s right GoonerSmith, take it from someone with semi-pro experience of the game.

You see, when your a fan of an average championship team, blue tinted specs become so foggy, you just cannot see well.

Oh the media make out theres blue tear gas in the stands, well you know what the media are like.

Yes im afraid young smithy is just going through the motions here, but theres hope atleast that maybe one day we`ll see him play well.

You know the old saying, "experience is earnt with 5 years at city", never a saying taken more seriously than with smithy. Im sure smithy`s name sake Alan will back me up there.

Archived