Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

THE LONGEST DAY CHARITY GOLF CHALLENGE

28 minutes ago, Raj said:

Straight to the point!!!

Get him on foxestalk!!!

Swindon Town fan, unfortunately. 

We worked out we were both at the same game in 1993, then actually met each other 25 years later. Mad.

He ALWAYS reminds me of that play-off final win.

My response?

You won the battle, we won the war!

He has no comeback to that lol

• Haha 1

Father in law, who has terminal cancer and is in touch with Macmillan, just called.

Glad I'm off work tomorrow...that was emotional. 

Fvck me, I can be a mouthy fvcker, but I'm speechless. 

Makes every single step worthwhile.

Please excuse the dirty foot, I have just walked almost 20 miles...

That's one hell of a blister!

Literally can't walk on that  foot.

Not looking forward to popping it in the morning! lol

Screenshot_20220706-215513_Gallery.jpg

Edited by tom27111

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Please excuse the dirty foot, I have just walked almost 20 miles...

That's one hell of a blister!

Literally can't walk on that  foot.

Not looking forward to popping it in the morning! lol

Screenshot_20220706-215513_Gallery.jpg

Alexis-Sanchez-swollen-lip-after-Arsenal

:P

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Any advice for a blister like that @Parafoxlol

Don't pop it. The fluid is there to protect the 2nd layer of skin and regrowth of new skin while the damaged layer dies away. Eventually the fluid will be re-absorbed as new skin grows although given the location, the blister might burst itself in which case there's not a lot you can do except protect it s best you can. Regrowth might take a week or more. 

• Thanks 1

On 07/07/2022 at 10:44, Parafox said:

Don't pop it. The fluid is there to protect the 2nd layer of skin and regrowth of new skin while the damaged layer dies away. Eventually the fluid will be re-absorbed as new skin grows although given the location, the blister might burst itself in which case there's not a lot you can do except protect it s best you can. Regrowth might take a week or more. 

It popped. I've got a blister plaster on it and it's feeling a bit better.

I'll get pelters for this, buy I've actually had to have today off work! 

All I do all day is drive and walk, so needed to give it time. 

Back in tomorrow, should be OK with the cushioning plaster on.

My boss was pissing himself when I told him why I needed an extra day off.

He said "That's a new one on me, you couldn't possibly make that up, hope its better soon" lol

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

It popped. I've got a blister plaster on it and it's feeling a bit better.

I'll get pelters for this, buy I've actually had to have today off work! 

All I do all day is drive and walk, so needed to give it time. 

Back in tomorrow, should be OK with the cushioning plaster on.

My boss was pissing himself when I told him why I needed an extra day off.

He said "That's a new one on me, you couldn't possibly make that up, hope its better soon" lol

I hope I'm not too late with this advice: don't be tempted to peel the blistered skin away from your foot. Even without the fluid, the remaining loose skin will still protect the underlying raw skin until it grows back. It will also provide some protection against infection. The skin will harden over the next few days and it's tempting to think it's ok to rip it off. Don't The underlying layer (sub-dermis) will still be raw and tender. Keep your foot as clean as possible whilst avoiding directly cleaning the damaged area. Just dab it with salty water if necessary.

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I hope I'm not too late with this advice: don't be tempted to peel the blistered skin away from your foot. Even without the fluid, the remaining loose skin will still protect the underlying raw skin until it grows back. It will also provide some protection against infection. The skin will harden over the next few days and it's tempting to think it's ok to rip it off. Don't The underlying layer (sub-dermis) will still be raw and tender. Keep your foot as clean as possible whilst avoiding directly cleaning the damaged area. Just dab it with salty water if necessary.

You are not too late!

Thanks for the advice. I've got one of these proper 'sports blister plasters' on and it's almost like an unnatural blister to cushion the real one.

Once it's on, it says don't remove it until it falls off, which could be up to 5 days. Feels so much better.

Happier knowing that it's almost airtight to keep out any dirt that could infect it.

Honestly never knew they could be this bad. You hear of tennis players pulling out of tournaments with blisters and you think 'just get on with it'.

I understand now!

To me, a blister has always been a slight discomfort when I've worn a new pair of shoes. Not anymore! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You are not too late!

Thanks for the advice. I've got one of these proper 'sports blister plasters' on and it's almost like an unnatural blister to cushion the real one.

Once it's on, it says don't remove it until it falls off, which could be up to 5 days. Feels so much better.

Happier knowing that it's almost airtight to keep out any dirt that could infect it.

Honestly never knew they could be this bad. You hear of tennis players pulling out of tournaments with blisters and you think 'just get on with it'.

I understand now!

To me, a blister has always been a slight discomfort when I've worn a new pair of shoes. Not anymore! 

When it comes down to it, a blister essentially is the resulting injury of a burn. Friction causing heat to the skin resulting in the burn/blister. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I had a bit of a hissy fit a few weeks ago (and I stand by that)!

But thought I'd take a moment to thank you all again for the generosity you showed me in doing this.

My father in law, Dave, who this challenge was inspired by, has been to see his consultant this week.

He's been given 4 months to live. 

Fvcking devastating. 

Macmillan have been wonderful and are supporting him in every way they can, treating him with dignity and making arrangements for him to pass away comfortably at home.

Thank you again for all of your contributions. 

Means the world to me and my family x

• Like 1