Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

THE LONGEST DAY CHARITY GOLF CHALLENGE

Hi all, 

Me and a couple of mates are challenging ourselves to play 4 rounds of golf in one day on July 6th.

The Longest Day is an event organised by Macmillan Cancer Support each year to raise money for their great charity, whilst we get to do something we love at the same time.

My father in law is suffering from terminal cancer and is receiving help from Macmillan, so its a charity I'd dearly like to give something back to.

We reckon we'll be walking a minimum of 16 miles whilst playing, with my slice, I think I'll be closer to 20 lol

I've set up a Just Giving account, linked to Macmillan, so all proceeds will go directly to the charity.

I know times are very tough at the minute, but we'd be extremely grateful for absolutely any amount that you might be able to spare for a charity that will probably end up supporting any of us, or someone we know.

Thanks for reading and thank you in advance if any of you can donate, link below :thumbup:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/longest-day-northampton?utm_source=sms&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=longest-day-northampton&utm_campaign=pfp-sms&utm_term=017eb0df6e5c43a4899078f43cf1e4ab

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Have just donated.

Good luck.

Thank you so much :appl:

I'll keep you all updated how it goes.

If anyone is in Northampton on the 6th of July and fancies driving a support buggy to keep us topped up with supplies...lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tom27111 said:

@Smashing-Pumpkin I'm prepared to triple what I planned to donate if you'll be my ringer?

You'll hit half as many as me :D

I'll caddy for you! 

Hi mate

Id have joined you and played, but Greg Norman offered me $125 million to play in his next Liv event at the Whetstone Invitational. Im starting at 1.30pm off the 14th tee with Heath Slocum, Duffy Waldorf and Pat Perez's wife lollol

In all seriousness, its a great cause, I have donated and I wish you all the best for your fundraising efforts. Its sad to hear of your father in laws condition, and im glad we can help in some small way to the work Macmillan do for such people.

Hope you have a great day!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Hi mate

Id have joined you and played, but Greg Norman offered me $125 million to play in his next Liv event at the Whetstone Invitational. Im starting at 1.30pm off the 14th tee with Heath Slocum, Duffy Waldorf and Pat Perez's wife lollol

In all seriousness, its a great cause, I have donated and I wish you all the best for your fundraising efforts. Its sad to hear of your father in laws condition, and im glad we can help in some small way to the work Macmillan do for such people.

Hope you have a great day!!

Thank you, mate.

Very much appreciated 🙏 

Thanks to all of you who've donated, it really is appreciated and the thought of the money for a great cause will spur us over the line!

Sorted out the finer details, teeing off at 6am, 9.30am, 1.30pm and then 6pm, which will be a race against time to get home and a well deserved beer at the 73rd hole :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Just donated.  A great cause. 

"Enjoy" your 4 rounds lol and good look with your fundraising.

Thank you so much, you're a star!

You must be the anonymous donator that the three of us were arguing over claiming as ours lol

Appreciate it mate 👌 

• 2 weeks later...

Was speaking to a few lads at our club last night who just finished at around 19.45, looked like some going, certainly earned their pint. They raised about £800 for MacMillan which is great. 

Good luck Tom and I’ll be chucking a few quid over when I get chance 👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Was speaking to a few lads at our club last night who just finished at around 19.45, looked like some going, certainly earned their pint. They raised about £800 for MacMillan which is great. 

Good luck Tom and I’ll be chucking a few quid over when I get chance 👍

Thank you. 

I'm dreading it after playing 18 today and making some tired swings on the last few holes! On a much more challenging course though!

The thought of the money and all your kind donations will keep us going though. As well as the 30 quids worth of energy gels that arrived from Amazon this afternoon lol

Really is a great cause, witnessing that first hand right now with the amazing support they're providing to my father-in-law.

Edited by tom27111

12 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Thank you. 

I'm dreading it after playing 18 today and making some tired swings on the last few holes! On a much more challenging course though!

The thought of the money and all your kind donations will keep us going though. As well as the 30 quids worth of energy gels that arrived from Amazon this afternoon lol

Really is a great cause, witnessing that first hand right now with the amazing support they're providing to my father-in-law.

Apologies for not being up to date, once again I will donate for your efforts, where are you playing? Would love to help you out in anyway, a cause close to me and my family so a really good effort from all of you. 

Edited by goody2028
  • Like 1

On 02/07/2022 at 03:42, goody2028 said:

Apologies for not being up to date, once again I will donate for your efforts, where are you playing? Would love to help you out in anyway, a cause close to me and my family so a really good effort from all of you. 

We're playing Delapre in Northampton. 

Just been down to pay our green fees this morning, so all seems a lot more real now!

First round starts at 6am, then just hope we finish the 72nd before sunset! We should be OK. 

Thanks for the support.

Been planning the finer details today, basically food and what to take in case we need it.

I'm basically taking a buffet in a cool box...sandwiches, sausage rolls, Scotch eggs, pork pies, quiche...

Change of clothes, plasters, sun cream...

Water. Lots and lots of water. And maybe a few beers.

The Mrs will meet us on the 72nd green with a bottle of champagne lol

There will definitely be a 1st tee and 72nd green picture of us posted on here. 

50 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

My mate, who happens to be my old boss is brilliant. He's just donated and wanted to know more about it. The last comment from him is golden lol

Screenshot_20220705-201000_WhatsApp.jpg

Straight to the point!!!

Get him on foxestalk!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Just Giving this a bump as tomorrow is the day!

I think the enormity of it has just hit me!

I played 2 round a few weeks ago and struggled walking the next day.

Good luck for tomorrow,  make sure you drink throughout the day if its warm like today(Drink water NOT beer!!!) LOL

• Haha 1