Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Kinchbus #2 Service being withdrawn between Sileby & Leicester

Dunno if it belongs here or if it's important enough news to go in the general LCFC area, but yep, Kinchbus are pulling their entire service to and from Leicester from early September.

Not even considering how much it's going to muck up mobility for young people or old / disabled people who rely on the route (neither Sileby or Barrow rail stations are wheelchair accessible), anyone here who doesn't drive to the footy is going to have fun and games going forwards.

Means also, of course, that Barrow and Sileby will now have NO direct public transport to and from Leicester on Sundays, as the train only runs Monday - Saturday. Between the two villages and Cossington (which will now have no public transport at all) I make that a catchment of nearly 20,000 people who now can't get to Sunday games without a car or walking 2 miles to the Arriva route on the other side of the Soar Valley.

Oh, and of course, trains remain a basket case with the ongoing strikes showing no signs of stopping.

Good luck folks! 

Edited by OntarioFox

When I lived in Sileby, I always found Kinchbus' service to be horrendously unreliable. More likely for the bus to be way deviated from the schedule, or not to arrive at all, than for it to arrive on time. No surprise to me that people slowly stopped using it - which is how they justify stuffing people who live in the rural villages. Only alternative now is for those people to drive (or get taxis) on Sundays, or get a bus into Loughborough and a train from Loughborough to Leicester.

Edited by Beechey