Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Phenomenal

Im totally speechless! but thankfully my fingers still work. What a game, we were taking the piss for long periods and that has been unheard of this season. I really hope we can capitalise on this, the pairing up front of Hume and Hammond totally worked and you can tell Ryan Smith loves being here with the throwing of his shirt into the kop.

Maybury, from where I was sitting, was fantastic especially when he tried to decapitate Paddy Kenny with a close range shot on the line. Even Kisnorbo looked reasonable :ph34r:

The only downside was that we didnt score more, it could've been an even bigger 'thrashing' if Elv had put his two sitters away but he deserved his goal and from where I was sitting it looked like he was crying after he'd scored. :cry:

I think im falling in love with Iain Hume :blush:

Maybury should also have had a goal late in the second half. He made a brilliant run deep into the Sheffield box and was screaming for a pass back from the goal-line but his team-mate (forget who) went for goal...and did he get a rollicking (rightlly so too). Maybury would have had a tap in.

Maybury should also have had a goal late in the second half. He made a brilliant run deep into the Sheffield box and was screaming for a pass back from the goal-line but his team-mate (forget who) went for goal...and did he get a rollicking (rightlly so too). Maybury would have had a tap in.

Its tit for tat though as Hume was moaning at Maybers for going for goal (the Kenny incident) previously when Hume and possibly Hammond were free. I guess they were so full of confidence he thought every attack was going to be a goal - what a great feeling to be on the winning side for a change!

maybury really should of been sent-off, you cannot raise your hands on the football pitch

Yeah, i couldn't believe he didn't go for an early bath. Although that Quinn was a horrible little dirtbag and i think Maybury reacted because he clocked him in the chops or something

I agree with you Thracian. Sheehan needs to be played in the team. You could see in the Sheff Wed game that he had potential. You've seen him in the reserves, and he's been great for them too.

Unfortunately, Levein doesn't seem to rate him, which is a real shame, as he is the best and ONLY proper left back at the club right now.

Akthough I don't want to dwell on the negatives, there is always room for improvement...

1) I thought Sheffield had discovered a huge "hole" on the left wing hence Hamill being brought on to try and counteract this. The main reason seemed to be Nils' (who I think is an excellent Centre Back) complete lack of pace and decision making when passing. Under pressure he hesitated by launching the ball forward for Hammond to counter-attack. It must be said this nearly worked but it was sapping Hammond's energy level very quickly (if he wasn't offside that is!). There was also a lack of fluidity between the LB and LW (Nils & Smith respectively) which was on display on the RB & RW positions (Maybury & Sylla).

2) Hammonds' inability to time his runs was still frustrating even though he was not at fault for some of the dubious decisions. He really needs an "offside coach" of some sort. I hope the goal gives him more confidence to take shots more often which will hopefully lead to more being in the back of the net.

3) The back line still looked a bit clue-less at times when dealing with good crosses and set-pieces.

4) Joey could really do with a quality partner. Kisnorbos's performance was an improvement on the last. But I firmly believe any good side must have a strong ball-winning, general all-round player with excellent ball playing and defending skills. Kisnorbo hasn't shown us his full range of abilities but what he has shown hasn't exactly left me with much hope. Maybe I am jumping to conclusions and being hasty.

5) Douglas was shockingly bad still entertaining the away fans with his circus tricks. I have a feeling his liability will manifest itself fully at a crucial point in the season. I believe Henderson should be given a few matches as a warning to Douglas.

On the plus side, well it has all already been said. I couldn't find huge faults in everyone elses game. Even Momo put in a stellar performance, as did Hammond and Maybury. Kisnorbo showed his performance at Watford was a blip rather than the norm hopefully.

I still feel like Fred Astaire Singing in the Rain!

I agree with you Thracian. Sheehan needs to be played in the team. You could see in the Sheff Wed game that he had potential. You've seen him in the reserves, and he's been great for them too.

Unfortunately, Levein doesn't seem to rate him, which is a real shame, as he is the best and ONLY proper left back at the club right now.

I'm not quite convinced Levein doesn't rate him - especially with him being made CAPTAIN of the Reserves which certainly suggests the coaches rate him (and they're Levein's men).

The explanation may have been touched on by someone else: people like Nils and Maybury are expensive to leave out (and are both senior players with senior pedigrees). They are also Levein signings which Sheehan (and Stearman) are not.

Consequently it is politically easier to play Maybury and Nils that Stearman and Sheehan. Trouble is it isn't fair and it isn't right for out team, because both the youngsters are certainly better than Nils at left back.

I actually believe Levein knows that underneath - he must do. But it's why I'd like those journalists to have the courage to ask him the questions directly: "Why do you continue to leave Sheehan out of the side?.

Why do you pick Nils ahead of either of them?"

If anyone EVER gets a proper answer I'd love to hear it.

How come you didnt go bertfox ??

Yeh that is normally true along with the great performance!

Because my football match got moved from 10:30 to 1:30 for some reason!

I was well annoyed couldnt believe it that i missed our best performance of the season

All you people who went dont know just how lucky you were!! :mad::D

Because my football match got moved from 10:30 to 1:30 for some reason!

I was well annoyed couldnt believe it that i missed our best performance of the season

All you people who went dont know just how lucky you were!! :mad::D

Oh I think we do. Performances (and results) like that are hard to come by at the moment, I enjoyed every minute and will continue to do so for the next couple of days :D

Archived