Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Best wishes to Academy player Matt Goodwin

just heard my brother matt goodwin has got to have surgery on his knee next week.

he's 17, played for the academy since he was 11, and has made a handful of appearances for the reserves.

he's out for at least 3 months, i'm sure you'll join me in wishing him all the best in his recovery. you can get through it mate, you'll be back on that pitch in no time.

just heard my brother matt goodwin has got to have surgery on his knee next week.

he's 17, played for the academy since he was 11, and has made a handful of appearances for the reserves.

he's out for at least 3 months, i'm sure you'll join me in wishing him all the best in his recovery. you can get through it mate, you'll be back on that pitch in no time.

Certainly do. :thumbup: A fecker getting a big injury when you're trying to break through to bigger things. I hope he's back before long.

Are you related to Murray Goodwin who played under O'Neill a couple of times too.

That was Tommy Goodwin.

yeh, he's my cousin.

unfortunately injury halted his/and indeed ended his career. though peter taylor played a part in that aswell. tosser :mad:

That was Tommy Goodwin.

yeh, he's my cousin.

unfortunately injury halted his/and indeed ended his career. though peter taylor played a part in that aswell. tosser :mad:

So isn't Tommy playing for a local side anymore? I can't remember who he was playing for last time I heard but he had just moved from one local club to another I think?

So isn't Tommy playing for a local side anymore? I can't remember who he was playing for last time I heard but he had just moved from one local club to another I think?

he went to hinckley then he went to a few other sides on loan and stuff for a bit and now i believe he doesn't play any more. at least i think he's not playing anymore, that's the last i heard.

Tell him not to get too downhearted and to use the time he'll find on his hands positively. Best of luck for his full recovery. Look forward to seeing him in action again next season.

Tell him not to get too downhearted and to use the time he'll find on his hands positively. Best of luck for his full recovery. Look forward to seeing him in action again next season.

Nice point Thracian - one of the main reasons for rushing back!

Myself having 2 knee operations (im only 18 and had them at 14 and 15) knows what its like, and i rushed back from the first hence my 2 operation - albeit on the other knee but it couldnt handle the pressure put on it! Tell him to bide his time and he will recover properly - although the City physios will tell him that and make sure he does!

Good luck and hope to hear he goes through ok and makes a full recovery :thumbup:

Archived