Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Plastik Man

22:39 train from Burton to Leicester (Beeston) tonight is cancelled!

20 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Any one else on the train?

Supposed to connect at Beeston to get to Leicester. 

EMR at Derby not very helpful. Trying to see if Cross Country Trains can help...

I might need a lift from Burton home to Leicester tonight!!!

If you're really struggling there's a 24 hour airport bus service that goes from Derby to Leicester via EMA. It stops outside Derby station.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

Did anyone help or are u still there! 

Help!

Haha, no, we paid for a taxi back to Derby station from the ground. Despite booking it pre game, it still managed to be late. We got to Derby on time but en route discovered my train to Leicester had been cancelled! The last of the night!

Fortunately my mates train to Sheffield was still running. 

This time the supervisor there was very helpful and booked me a taxi from Derby home to Leicester (£72!).

Despite late trains, missed connection, 3 cancelled trains and a completely unhelpful ticket office (I definitely won't be signing that petition!) all ended well. 

I actually got home earlier than if I'd been able to take the train :dunno::D

5 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Help!

Haha, no, we paid for a taxi back to Derby station from the ground. Despite booking it pre game, it still managed to be late. We got to Derby on time but en route discovered my train to Leicester had been cancelled! The last of the night!

This time the supervisor there was very helpful and booked me a taxi from Derby home to Leicester (£72!).

Despite late trains, missed connection, 3 cancelled trains and a completely unhelpful ticket office (I definitely won't be signing that petition!) all ended well. 

£72!!!

Can you claim that back with the train company as they cancelled your last available train?

54 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

£72!!!

Can you claim that back with the train company as they cancelled your last available train?

Possibly/probably, my mate uses the train a lot more than me and may look into that, or the earlier train we had to get a taxi for instead. But in this case they actually paid for a taxi so I'm not out of pocket for that secot at least!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's a shame there is no track that connects Leicester and Burton. Put passenger trains on it!!!

Would you believe that railway line actually runs right past the bottom of my garden?!

I did joke that if it was running I could flag it down and go ndirext to Burton.

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hmm. There are a few freight trains running every day/night anyhow.

Though I wouldn't be keen on a carriage full of weirdo train spotters trundling by staring out the windows into our back garden.

What I do with my mankini in my own private space is my business.... :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Possibly/probably, my mate uses the train a lot more than me and may look into that, or the earlier train we had to get a taxi for instead. But in this case they actually paid for a taxi so I'm not out of pocket for that secot at least!

Email / ring them they will refund you, I went Norwich and train was cancelled cand got a full refund even though I went on the later train 

5 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

We got to Derby on time but en route discovered my train to Leicester had been cancelled! The last of the night!

Train companies are not allowed to leave you stranded if your connection is cancelled or you miss the connection due to a delay on the previous train for the last train of the night, they have to either provide an hotel for the night or pay for alternate transport 

National Rail Conditions of Travel Section 28:

28.2. Where disruption prevents you from completing the journey for which your Ticket is valid and is being used, any Train Company will, where it reasonably can, provide you with alternative means of travel to your destination, or if necessary, provide overnight accommodation for you.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Help!

£72! No body ever can call you plastic - great effort 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Would you believe that railway line actually runs right past the bottom of my garden?!

I did joke that if it was running I could flag it down and go ndirext to Burton.

Haha I used to have similar, I had a signal outside our old garden so you often actually had trains stop there.

I do wish they'd open that line to passengers but that article posted further up is what you're truly up against. Utterly pathetic.

52 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

that article posted further up is what you're truly up against. Utterly pathetic.

Just found that petition mentioned in the article, 87 signatures in 5 months, there has been signatures from Fleetwood, Preston, Crewe & Norwich