Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cisono

Midfield Duo Making Progress

From the OS

Midfield Duo Making Progress

Rob Kelly says that Stephen Hughes and Gareth Williams are on the road to recovery.

0,,10274~2795943,00.jpg

The duo failed to make the squad for City's Championship clash against Leeds at the weekend after picking up injuries in training prior to the contest.

But speaking ahead of Friday night's trip to Stoke City, the Leicester assistant manager confirmed that the duo were on the right track.

He said: "Gareth has a hamstring problem at the moment but that is looking quite promising. Stephen has a thigh injury and we are hoping that is not going to be long-term because he has had an unfortunate run with injuries. They are both making good progress."

Meanwhile, Kelly added that the club's two senior goalkeepers were fighting fit.

He said: "Rab has had one or two bumps and bruises of late, but we will patch him up and get him out there. We are hoping that Paul Henderson will have a chance of being involved in the squad on Friday after he picked up and ankle injury last week, but we will just have to wait and see how he responds to treatment."

And finally, Kelly gave an update on long-term injury absentees James Wesolowski and Lee Morris.

He added: "James is still coming along nicely, while Lee is back out on the training pitch. We are hoping to have him involved with the first team squad in the New Year. That would be a bonus because he's had a horrendous time with injuries."

While it is good that Hughesy and Williams are on the way back, does anyone feel that are have been many injuries in training since pre-season?

yeh to many injuries in training! it aint just our club though, they were talkin about it on 5live on sat night!

good to hear that morris is back in training though! maybe he can stay injury free for the rest of his contract!

How does that work??

People want to play when the team is doing well, they're more careful about not getting injured and when they have a little injury they're more inclined to play through it rather than sit out... some players are cowards. Seen it happen at a lot of clubs :ph34r:

People want to play when the team is doing well, they're more careful about not getting injured and when they have a little injury they're more inclined to play through it rather than sit out... some players are cowards. Seen it happen at a lot of clubs :ph34r:

I see, its like a different mindset when winning?

I see, its like a different mindset when winning?

Exactly. I'm talking generally of course, not really saying that Hughes and Williams are cowards... Looking at a lot of relegated teams you'll find quite a few players were out injured in that relegation season, no-one wanted to take responsibility. If you're playing well people want to make sure they have a place in the squad.

Hughes is beginning to piss me off. He's been injury prone all season and has done nothing when he has played. He's becoming Lee Morris's best mate on the treatment table and it's becoming a joke.

How do they manage to accumulate all these injuries in training anyway? They shouldn't be going in aggressive on one another that's for sure.

As for Williams, I couldn't give a stuff. He has proved himself to be a lazy git and I wouldn't play him even if he was fit.

Hughes is beginning to piss me off. He's been injury prone all season and has done nothing when he has played. He's becoming Lee Morris's best mate on the treatment table and it's becoming a joke.

How do they manage to accumulate all these injuries in training anyway? They shouldn't be going in aggressive on one another that's for sure.

As for Williams, I couldn't give a stuff. He has proved himself to be a lazy git and I wouldn't play him even if he was fit.

I couldn't have put it better. :thumbup:

i think williams should be given more of a chance. He is a class player, just needs to pull his socks up now and again. I would like to see him playing instead of kisnorbo when he is fit.

As for Morris he should be put down, biggest waste of money since ade.

I quite agree. People have been saying for months "just wait til Hughes is back" but I've not been impressed when he has played and I'm certainly not impressed now he's on the treatment table. Williams isn't even worth wasting words on.

Between them they've left us almost devoid of creativity in midfield and we should have had a loan replacement in ages ago...and perhaps given Stearman a go at right midfield in the meantime (cos you will get commitment and a bloke who can pass the ball accurately along the ground).

The fact that we are so slow to tackle glaring deficiencies is costing us far more points than any system of play - attacking or defensive. Here we are nearly halfway through the season and our team still has three or four major problems.

I'd rather have 11 Joey's than sideliners who are theoretically good.

i think williams should be given more of a chance. He is a class player, just needs to pull his socks up now and again. I would like to see him playing instead of kisnorbo when he is fit.

As for Morris he should be put down, biggest waste of money since ade.

I can't understand this knocking of Kisnorbo. I know as City fans that we always have to have one player we hate (Stewart last season, Kisnorbo/Williams this season depending on who you talk to) but Kisnorbo really isn't doing a whole lot wrong.

His one job is to tackle and protect the backfour. This he is more accomplished at than any other player we currently have in our squad. Granted, his passes are never forwards, he looks a bit like a headless chicken and doesn't seem able to create anything, but he is the most effective player we have at defensive midfielder. Tackling and disrupting opposing teams passing are his jobs. He does this.

yeh to many injuries in training! it aint just our club though, they were talkin about it on 5live on sat night!

good to hear that morris is back in training though! maybe he can stay injury free for the rest of his contract!

He might if his contract finishes in the morning! :):):):)

Archived