Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
turkish14

Refused access…

5 hours ago, Balj said:

My son and I have season tickets but he's off to Uni so will only make the odd game - we're limited to 3 resales so I'll sit next to an empty seat if I can't lend it to a mate. Seems to me the Club needs to be a bit more imaginative - I get they don't want people sat on season tickets to tout or just to hang on to them. Totally understandable. However 3 resales is too low for people like my son - perhaps be able to nominate non-season ticket holder member(s) in addition to resales to randoms might be a solution. Encourages people to become members if they know they can get a ticket transferred to them - costs the clubs as they can't resell but like I say after 3 resales I can't resell anyway.

You can only 're-sell' to someone who is at least a member though can't you?

When I was at college I had a student season ticket, but then they got rid of them. Shame. It's a bit shit in your situation and 3 re-sells are not enough at this level when we've got multiple midweek fixtures.

5 hours ago, Balj said:

My son and I have season tickets but he's off to Uni so will only make the odd game - we're limited to 3 resales so I'll sit next to an empty seat if I can't lend it to a mate. Seems to me the Club needs to be a bit more imaginative - I get they don't want people sat on season tickets to tout or just to hang on to them. Totally understandable. However 3 resales is too low for people like my son - perhaps be able to nominate non-season ticket holder member(s) in addition to resales to randoms might be a solution. Encourages people to become members if they know they can get a ticket transferred to them - costs the clubs as they can't resell but like I say after 3 resales I can't resell anyway.

You can now do resale up to 5 times a season and can also transfer the ticket to another account 4 times a season (they removed the restriction that these people had to be a member). I know that's still only 9 games but better than 3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been a season ticket holder with my dad for over 30 years, I moved away for work around 13 years ago. Since then I’ve generally missed most midweek games and the occasional weekend game due to work commitments and the travel distance. When that happens, my mum will use the ticket. We have been doing that without issue for 13 years. I don’t mind transferring it over for the games I miss but 3 isn’t enough and I’m not sure what problem the club think needs solving there. It’s either that or the seat sits empty. I don’t think they realise how many families take it in turns etc. would easily be solved by linking people as family online and having the freedom to transfer to them (even if a fee needed once a year to do that - although generally against that. I believe that is what Palace started doing) 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, An Away Move said:

In other news, I know a STH at Arsenal who told me that you now have to attend a minimum amount of games per season, or you won't be able to renew next season.

Pretty sure Man Utd have been like this as well but then again clubs like this have much more demand.

14 hours ago, CH1_Fox said:

Been a season ticket holder with my dad for over 30 years, I moved away for work around 13 years ago. Since then I’ve generally missed most midweek games and the occasional weekend game due to work commitments and the travel distance. When that happens, my mum will use the ticket. We have been doing that without issue for 13 years. I don’t mind transferring it over for the games I miss but 3 isn’t enough and I’m not sure what problem the club think needs solving there. It’s either that or the seat sits empty. I don’t think they realise how many families take it in turns etc. would easily be solved by linking people as family online and having the freedom to transfer to them (even if a fee needed once a year to do that - although generally against that. I believe that is what Palace started doing) 

Couldn’t agree more 👏🏼

41 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

Thats in the best interest of the supporter, otherwise you are wasting your own money by renewing and not going to enough games to make the ST worth it.

Not necessarily. I live in London and work, travel commitments would make it difficult to meet any minimum threshold a club may set. Someone told me it's 85% attendance for Arsenal. My seat's never empty at Leicester as a family member is always in it. If Leicester are going down the 100% mobile phone ticket route and potentially bring in a minimum attendance threshold it's going to upset a lot of fans who are managing the season ticket in manner that is working for them.

Just now, An Away Move said:

Not necessarily. I live in London and work, travel commitments would make it difficult to meet any minimum threshold a club may set. Someone told me it's 85% attendance for Arsenal. My seat's never empty at Leicester as a family member is always in it. If Leicester are going down the 100% mobile phone ticket route and potentially bring in a minimum attendance threshold it's going to upset a lot of fans who are managing the season ticket in manner that is working for them.

I assumed they counted it as attendance if the seat is not empty, regardless if its you or the family member. Because the point surely is that the seat should not be empty and that is being fulfilled with a family member using the seat when the holder can't make it. But if they're saying 85% has to specifically be the holder and no one else, then yeah thats extreme. 

On 06/09/2023 at 15:35, An Away Move said:

In other news, I know a STH at Arsenal who told me that you now have to attend a minimum amount of games per season, or you won't be able to renew next season.

Just had a look at what Arsenal do and tbf if you transfer the ticket to someone else or list it for sale on their ticket exchange that counts as you utilising the season ticket.

Looks like a few clubs operate like that in the premier league these days. 

I think a lot of it comes from this "crackdown" on anti-social behaviour, with clubs trying to keep out fans who are on banning orders and the such.

The problem is that some clubs, like ours, have unsurprisingly taken the chance to seize control as much as they can, and have no ounce of common sense in their approach. 

Aside from the points re family sharing and travel etc. what happens if you’re not well the day of the game or the like? Just empty seat it or risk a ban? My old man missed best part of half a season with a serious back injury a couple of years ago, so it’s sit next to a stranger on your own or leave it empty? They think they’re solving a bigger problem but leaving common sense at the door

On 06/09/2023 at 14:15, glar84 said:

You can now do resale up to 5 times a season and can also transfer the ticket to another account 4 times a season (they removed the restriction that these people had to be a member). I know that's still only 9 games but better than 3. 

I hadn’t caught up with that - thanks👍🏼