Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
turkish14

Refused access…

Can anyone advise….

I have a season ticket in my name. However my ex wife pays for this. 

for years we take it in turns taking our son, dependant on work etc. With absolutely no issues.

Today they refused my ex wife initially, before she proved the funds come from her account. 

Can Anyone that works at the club advise please? 

7 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Can anyone advise….

for years we take it in turns taking our son, dependant on work etc. With absolutely no issues.

Today they refused my ex wife initially, before she proved the funds come from her account. 

If it’s in your name, it’s your ticket. Technically my Dad still pays for mine, same arrangement from 2004 when he first bought me a season ticket as a nine year old, but I whack him the money every month now. I’d be interested to know how they found this out, as today they stopped my season card from working, except for scanning on the NFC bit. They’ve definitely messed around during the last couple of weeks with something.

Weird how they seem more bothered about denying the real fans than with actual issues.

There's a season ticket seat next to me that's clearly being resold (always sold before tickets released and when there is someone sat there it's someone different) and they don't care!

1 hour ago, danny2997 said:

Weird how they seem more bothered about denying the real fans than with actual issues.

There's a season ticket seat next to me that's clearly being resold (always sold before tickets released and when there is someone sat there it's someone different) and they don't care!

The someone different is probably a 'real' fan too. Cannot have it both ways

Just to reply to those asking…

the adult season ticket is in my name, and always has been. My wife struggles to make games owing to her disability particularly over winter. So she goes when she can with my son (we have a joint bank account, she pays for it also).. for the first time in 15 years as season ticket holders, they initially refused her access on Saturday as the card was in my name not hers.

We hate liaising with the club, we believe the only thing we can do is transfer tickets into her name x 3 times this season, which is madness. It should really be more IMO. 

Someone I know (!!) had the same issue, ticket wasn't in their name and was rejected at the turnstile and told to go to Ticket Office. Fortunately another option was found, and the person got in ok. Don't know how they managed that 😁, must have some really good friends who perhaps happened to have a spare. Mind you, after they witnessed that horrible performance, I later heard they wished they hadn't got in.

55 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The someone different is probably a 'real' fan too. Cannot have it both ways

But after someone has clearly made money off reselling a season ticket. I've never seen the same person more than once. But the ticket is never available for sale on the website.

Me and my wife couldn’t make the Cardiff game due to being on holiday so we passed our 

tickets on to family members, I’m not arsed using the resale platform so if we hadn’t passed

them on the seats would have been empty, is this what the club wants?

Edited by Spiritwalker

22 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

But after someone has clearly made money off reselling a season ticket. I've never seen the same person more than once. But the ticket is never available for sale on the website.

Harsh. They could be giving it to different family/friends per game to share it out. Or a load of people going splits on a ST. Definitely not clearly making money from it. I cannot work out whether you want ticket checks or not

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Harsh. They could be giving it to different family/friends per game to share it out. Or a load of people going splits on a ST. Definitely not clearly making money from it. I cannot work out whether you want ticket checks or not

22 home games since the start of last season seat always empty or a unique person. Pretty reasonable to assume there's probably something going on in my opinion.

I'm not bothered whether there's ticket checks or not as long as there's an element of common sense. OP's situation is much different to the one I'm describing and a clear genuine need for varied use.

Ticket touting or even just hogging a seat you have no intention of using on the other hand is not fair and just shows greed.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

22 home games since the start of last season seat always empty or a unique person. Pretty reasonable to assume there's probably something going on in my opinion.

I'm not bothered whether there's ticket checks or not as long as there's an element of common sense. OP's situation is much different to the one I'm describing and a clear genuine need for varied use.

Ticket touting or even just hogging a seat you have no intention of using on the other hand is not fair and just shows greed.

Ah right lol , thought you were referring to the 3 games we've had this season!!

3 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Just to reply to those asking…

the adult season ticket is in my name, and always has been. My wife struggles to make games owing to her disability particularly over winter. So she goes when she can with my son (we have a joint bank account, she pays for it also).. for the first time in 15 years as season ticket holders, they initially refused her access on Saturday as the card was in my name not hers.

We hate liaising with the club, we believe the only thing we can do is transfer tickets into her name x 3 times this season, which is madness. It should really be more IMO. 

Did she get caught at a random check on the gate, or was there another reason she had to show the ticket?

20 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

This is clearly not an issue at other clubs, I’ve got a mate who for years has co- owned a Man U season ticket.

2 tickets between 6 fans who take turns going to games.

It is 

https://www.arsenal.com/news/acting-against-ticket-touting

There's been a shift throughout the leagues. Don't know where this has come from. Even clubs abroad now are catching on with us - I have got a ticket for Feyenoord in November but the member has had to jump through some right hoops to me out. 

On 02/09/2023 at 14:15, turkish14 said:

Can anyone advise….

Why did they stop her in the first place? Was this just a random check?

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

It is 

https://www.arsenal.com/news/acting-against-ticket-touting

There's been a shift throughout the leagues. Don't know where this has come from. Even clubs abroad now are catching on with us - I have got a ticket for Feyenoord in November but the member has had to jump through some right hoops to me out. 

Yeh was gonna say, someone I work with has 3 STs at Man U but only goes once or twice a season, long been doling them out for a few quid and a pint as once you give them up, the waiting list is so long. He said there has been spot checks of late and now he has completely stopped handing them out as it's not worth the risk. It seems all English clubs are onto this, and even in Europe as per your story.

The best course of action would be some sort of system that allows ST holders to transfer their ticket for a game fairly and easily for family members.

I'm sure there could be an online form made by the club, who would then generate email confirmation that the ST for that game has been transferred into the name of a family member. It would require a slight bit of verification by the club, who could employ someone to just make a quick call verifying the ticket switch for that one game if needed. 

Then when getting to the turnstile, all the person had to do was show their verification if asked. (Spot checks upon a few would also stop any banned people coming in) 

Or if the club wanted to be completely militant on exchanging season tickets, I don't know why they just don't request a photo on the ticket. Too much hassle I suppose.

But I just don't see the issue. Fans should be able to lend their ST for just a game, if they can't attend. The club don't lose any money, as these people may have a beer before hand, or may have food so there's a few quid in the back pocket for the club. 

If there's a game this season I can't make for any reason, I won't be bothering giving it to anyone. I'll just let the seat go empty as it's more hassle than its worth, which is sad as the seat will be empty and could be filled. Prevents the worry about a ban. 

My son and I have season tickets but he's off to Uni so will only make the odd game - we're limited to 3 resales so I'll sit next to an empty seat if I can't lend it to a mate. Seems to me the Club needs to be a bit more imaginative - I get they don't want people sat on season tickets to tout or just to hang on to them. Totally understandable. However 3 resales is too low for people like my son - perhaps be able to nominate non-season ticket holder member(s) in addition to resales to randoms might be a solution. Encourages people to become members if they know they can get a ticket transferred to them - costs the clubs as they can't resell but like I say after 3 resales I can't resell anyway.

• Like 1