Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Reserves v Charlton

At home to Charlton. ;):thumbup: Charlton sending a strong side. :huh::unsure::whistle:

0,,10274~2743274,00.jpg

A youthful Leicester City reserve side will take on Charlton Athletic at Hinckley United on Tuesday evening (7pm).

Alan Sheehan, who was a late substitute in the 2-1 Carling Cup defeat at the hands of Bolton last week, is named in the starting XI while Joe Mattock returns to the side following his Victory Shield exploits with England.

Entrance to the Marston's Stadium for the game is just £2 for adults and £1 for concessions. Junior members go free - so don't forget to take your membership card along.

The game is City's only second string clash of the month and follows a productive November which saw the team register a win and two draws from their four fixtures.

Charlton, meanwhile, has named a strong squad for the game containing Dennis Rommedahl, Shaun Bartlett, Jason Euell and Bryan Hughes.

A report from the game will appear on lcfc.com. Extended highlights from the game will be available on Leicester City World from noon on Wednesday

City: Conrad Logan, Joe Magunda, Alan Sheehan, Scott Lycett, Liam Norval, Tom Tejan-sie, Ryan Beswick, Andy King, Ricky Muggleton, Billy McKay, Joe Mattock.

Subs: Connor Franklin, Carl Pentley, Adam Wykes, Kraig Rochester, Eric Odhiambo.

Charlton: Darren Randolph, Osei Sankofa, Goncalo Brandao, Barry Fuller, Gonzalo Sorondo, Jonathan Fortune, Dennis Rommedahl, Alex Varney, Shaun Bartlett, Jason Euell, Bryan Hughes

Sounds like the Charlton side would beat some Championship teams. Not sure if the likes of Sheehan are not too young and vulnerable for this one!

Anyway if its going to be 8-0 (perhaps even in the first half) I shall just go along to enjoy a steakburger and see if we've got any strikers, right wingers or creative midfielders on the horizon..

Even if Liverpool and Chelsea are on the telly.

Leicester Reserves 0 Charlton Reserves 5

Lambs to the slaughter this. Hacks against hunters, novices against racehorses. Anyway you looked at this you were struggling to find anything positive.

Dennis Rommedahl (2), Alex Varney, Sean Bartlett and Rurik Gislason registered Charlton's goals, three in the first half, two in the second while they also whacked two against the woodwork, brought a few decent saves from Conrad Logan and sauntered through the second half in cruise control.

Leicester might have had three shots all told, non of em of any consequence and one had to wonder at the point of the exercise. They needed to field a far stronger team cos hammerings like this would have done no-one's confidence any good.

Leicester showed themselves fit enough to keep trying against a team whose passing and movement left them chasing shadows for long spells of the game but that energy apart they were always too small, too static in possession, too inaccurate with their passing, second best in the air, second best in the tackle and unlikely to score if they played for a week.

Sheehan, the skipper, while never at his very best, was always a class or two above any of his mainly novice team-mates but he was never going to stop a Charlton side who swept through City's midfield and defence like a Tsunami. No one man could.

Until taken off after an hour, Sheehan presented City's only attacking threat, being his usual cultured and mainly accurate self on the ball but he is one who desperately needs better players alongside him to bring his talent to fruition.

People like Joe Magunda, Scott Lycett and Liam Norval were never fast enough, aware enough or clever enough to cope with the likes of Premiership performers like Shaun Bartlett, Romerdahl and Jason Euell and to see little Tom Tejan-Sie trying to cope with the runners from midfield was painful.

Only Eric Odhieambo who came on late in the second half as a right winger and Kraig Rochester (centre-forward) showed momentary signs that they might be half-decent players, particularly the former.

Otherwise, for the remainder, I'd make sure I kept up my general education.

PS: We also got team sheets!!!!!!! Thanks Stuart.

Who thinks City don't read this forum?

Otherwise, for the remainder, I'd make sure I kept up my general education.

i think that is a very silly comment to make.

your asking 16,17,18 year olds with no first team experiance apart from sheehan to play against players who have played hundreds of professional games, the vast majority coming in the top flight.

you can't judge those players chances of a career in football on that performance, it would be foolish in my opinion to make such a judgement.

hopefully they have learnt the hard way.

I was joking back :)

In wasn't vintage Sheehan but in this team he was still like a purring Rolls Royce among an arena full of bumping, barging twisting, turning fairground dodgems, non of whom had any idea where they were going or how to get there.

i think that is a very silly comment to make.

your asking 16,17,18 year olds with no first team experiance apart from sheehan to play against players who have played hundreds of professional games, the vast majority coming in the top flight.

you can't judge those players chances of a career in football on that performance, it would be foolish in my opinion to make such a judgement.

hopefully they have learnt the hard way.

I don't think I was making a judgement. Just giving them some sound advice. :)

they don't need your advice, they follow an education programme whilst in the academy, they know the score.

Lighten up fella. And tell me something I don't know. Have you never heard of figurative speech?

Let me guess. You play for the Academy and want to stand up for your pals.

Very commendable if that's the case. But one lesson they'll all need to know is when they're playing in front of the paying public they'll get praised and they'll get criticised according to spectators perceptions.

They'll have to get used to taking the rough with the smooth and which it is will largely depend on themselves.

I think I've been pretty praising of the Reserves most times I've watched but tonight they were out of their depth. If you disagree then post on here saying so. Don't just go round villifying folk for making an honest assessment.

I don't actually think the management were very sensible putting such an inexperienced team out against such experienced and adult opposition but that's another story.

By the way, did you go?

my last post was altered by someone, why?

i agree the players were out of their depth, which is exactly what should be expected considering the relative statistics. just don't be so harsh to 16,17 and 18 year olds when they are playing international players and premiership players.

i don't play for the academy, but my brother does and probably would have played in the game actually if he wasn't to undergoe knee surgery on thursday. that's one reason why i think you should lay off the players.

which other players could have actually played anyway mate? these youngsters are what we have to make do with, critising them is pointless,

our under 18 side is riding high in their respective league, because they are playing against players of the same sort of age and experiance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my last post was altered by someone, why?

i agree the players were out of their depth, which is exactly what should be expected considering the relative statistics. just don't be so harsh to 16,17 and 18 year olds when they are playing international players and premiership players.

i don't play for the academy, but my brother does and probably would have played in the game actually if he wasn't to undergoe knee surgery on thursday. that's one reason why i think you should lay off the players.

which other players could have actually played anyway mate? these youngsters are what we have to make do with, critising them is pointless,

our under 18 side is riding high in their respective league, because they are playing against players of the same sort of age and experiance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The youngsters will develop better if they play alongside some experienced players and Leicester do have the opportunity to do this by playing players such as Hamill, Wilcox, Wright, O'Grady, Williams, etc. When players get dropped from the first team they should play for the reserves and help with the youngsters, Levein should perhaps also refrain from loaning alot of our fringe players out because although first team experience is essential for them it's also very beneficial for other other youngsters to play alongside quality players and give them confidence at a young age to move up. We really need to start recruiting some better youngsters, I know it takes time but Levein had promised he would sort the academy out and have 3 or 4 youngsters coming through each year.

I have watched the youngsters on a number of occasions and i'd say Joe Mattock, Ashley Chambers and the obvious Sheehan, Dodds and Graham are the only ones who have stood out for me so far this season.

The youngsters will develop better if they play alongside some experienced players and Leicester do have the opportunity to do this by playing players such as Hamill, Wilcox, Wright, O'Grady, Williams, etc. When players get dropped from the first team they should play for the reserves and help with the youngsters, Levein should perhaps also refrain from loaning alot of our fringe players out because although first team experience is essential for them it's also very beneficial for other other youngsters to play alongside quality players and give them confidence at a young age to move up. We really need to start recruiting some better youngsters, I know it takes time but Levein had promised he would sort the academy out and have 3 or 4 youngsters coming through each year.

I have watched the youngsters on a number of occasions and i'd say Joe Mattock, Ashley Chambers and the obvious Sheehan, Dodds and Graham are the only ones who have stood out for me so far this season.

The wisdom of your words was so plainly obvious last night. The thought of Danny Tiatto came to mind as well.

They definitely needed two or three with a bit of experience who could show what's required and talk to the lads in different parts of the field. I certainly didn't see anyone to add to your list except perhaps this Eric Odhiambo but I'm making no claims there. It was only a cameo appearance and far too little to form a worthwhile impression.l

The wisdom of your words was so plainly obvious last night. The thought of Danny Tiatto came to mind as well.

They definitely needed two or three with a bit of experience who could show what's required and talk to the lads in different parts of the field. I certainly didn't see anyone to add to your list except perhaps this Eric Odhiambo but I'm making no claims there. It was only a cameo appearance and far too little to form a worthwhile impression.l

I have seen his name crop up on a few team sheets this season but the games I don't go to! I think he must be a new scholar and i'm intrigued to hear if anyone knows anything about him?

Haha unbelievable.

When we do have old players in the reserves there used to be posts moaning about how the old players are holding back the youngsters. When the youngsters win, it's gloating about how good our youngsters are. When the youngsters lose, it's moaning there should be old players in the team!

Archived