Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

Any NFL fans in foxestalk?

Assuming that the Texans finish bottom om the NFL standings, and therefore get first pick (providing there are no trades), will they go for Reggie Bush, also a Heisman winner?. Personally i think they will, but what happens to Domanick Davis then? Davis is by far and away the best Houston player so what would they do with him? Play a rotation system like the Falcons do with Duckett and Dunn? Or trade Davis for another high pick in the draft? I think the Texans hold a few cards as regards to the draft this year? :thumbup:

Im looking forward to this sunday when we face the Steelers, it will show how far the Vikings have come on in the last 6 weeks. But of course, the Bears game is MASSIVE!

... and JoBeck, what about the 24-21 win at the meadowlands from the vikes with the 3 returns :Plol

Oh, don't remind me about that one, I felt sick all evening. Worst part is that one of my best friends is a Vikings fan and I was really looking forward to seeing the G-Men roll all over them. Instead, I found myself watching what appeared to be an episode of the Twilight Zone that lasted over three hours. But the Vikings did just enough to win what was a very important game, full credit to them.

Domanick Davis is the only player with some quality on Houston's offense but I don't think they can pass up on Reggie Bush if he's available. Duckett and Dunn are a good 1-2 punch because Dunn is a speedster that can catch passes while Duckett is powerful and is great at picking up short yardage... when Reggie Bush joins his team, he'll be the featured back. Maybe the Texans will, however, trade their top pick for a player and a good first rounder, keep Davis and finally give David Carr a little bit of help.

And yes, huge game for the Vikings on Sunday--they've had must-win games for six weeks and they've won them all. Brad Johnson is doing a fine job and their defense is hitting hard... the Vikings look like a completely different team than the bunch that started the season--much more like one of the preseason's chic NFC champ picks (though they're not quite there yet).

C-man, I'm very impressed with your NFL knowledge :thumbsup: How'd you come to be a Vikings fan anyway? And BTW, Culpepper and three others were actually charged with misdemeanors stemming from the team's "Sex Boat" party. Throw Mike Tice in with his ridiculous comments, coaching decisions and ticket-scalping scandal and all of Onterrio Smith's legal troubles and you've got a hell of a team! :D Minnesota's supposed to be the "nice" state, too. The Vikes are so ridiculous that I'm glad they're winning, it's breaking up all the monotony of the season (Colts, Colts, Colts, Vikings Sex Boat, Colts, more Vikings scandals, Colts, hey, six in a row for the Vikings!).

Yeah i've heard about the Culpepper, Smoot, Moe Williams and McKinnie charges. if theyre convicted they could spend up to 90 days in jail :o:angry:

Like you said though, at least the Vikings are entertaining :thumbup::ermm:

Thank you kindly for the praise, i watch the NFL on sky sports every sunday, although they havent shown the vikings yet, so i've only had 1 chance to see them which was the MNF game @ the Packers, last second field goal again, legendary :thumbup: I suppose i know so much about the sport because me and my friends all follow it, so i spend at least 20 minutes a day reading things on NFL.com! :unsure:

Well, i have 2 sets of family in the States, one in Denver and the bigger one in St Pauls, Minnesota! So it was a choice between the two, and my cousin John sent me over a Randy Moss jersey 3 years ago, so since then i supported the Vikes :scarf: (Just imagine the scarf to be yellow and purple ;))

Anyway, good luck with getting to the play-offs, i really hope the Giants get there! Cant stand Dallas :thumbdown:

Yeah i've heard about the Culpepper, Smoot, Moe Williams and McKinnie charges. if theyre convicted they could spend up to 90 days in jail :o:angry:

Like you said though, at least the Vikings are entertaining :thumbup::ermm:

Thank you kindly for the praise, i watch the NFL on sky sports every sunday, although they havent shown the vikings yet, so i've only had 1 chance to see them which was the MNF game @ the Packers, last second field goal again, legendary :thumbup: I suppose i know so much about the sport because me and my friends all follow it, so i spend at least 20 minutes a day reading things on NFL.com! :unsure:

Well, i have 2 sets of family in the States, one in Denver and the bigger one in St Pauls, Minnesota! So it was a choice between the two, and my cousin John sent me over a Randy Moss jersey 3 years ago, so since then i supported the Vikes :scarf: (Just imagine the scarf to be yellow and purple ;))

Anyway, good luck with getting to the play-offs, i really hope the Giants get there! Cant stand Dallas :thumbdown:

*cough* :whistle:

*cough* :whistle:

The Colts aura of invincibility has been shattered...the Seahawks have now won 10 in a row for the first time in history. Peaking for the playoffs? Somehow I think they'll find a way to dissappoint Seattle fans once again.

The Seahawks could make it 12--they play Indianapolis (who will probably rest their starters for most of the game) next week and lowly Green Bay to end the season.

If they meet the Giants again, no way Feely is going to miss three game-winning field goals.

I still don't think that Seattle is any better than Giants or Carolina and the Bears defense might actually be able to contain Alexander. They've had a ridiculously easy schedule and the only decent teams they've beaten are Atlanta (whom you can always count on to choke in big games) and the Giants (who outplayed Seattle and did everything they needed to do to win except make a damn field goal). I'd be surprised if they win the NFC.

The Seahawks could make it 12--they play Indianapolis (who will probably rest their starters for most of the game) next week and lowly Green Bay to end the season.

If they meet the Giants again, no way Feely is going to miss three game-winning field goals.

I still don't think that Seattle is any better than Giants or Carolina and the Bears defense might actually be able to contain Alexander. They've had a ridiculously easy schedule and the only decent teams they've beaten are Atlanta (whom you can always count on to choke in big games) and the Giants (who outplayed Seattle and did everything they needed to do to win except make a damn field goal). I'd be surprised if they win the NFC.

It's a win win situation for use Portland folk when in comes to the Seahawks in the play-offs. Since they are the nearest NFL team to us we generally support the Hawks..however, due to the natural rivalry between the two cities and the states of Oregon and Washington, a sly little smile can be seen on many Oregonian's faces after the Seachickens blow another big one!

Hear Hear! :thumbup:

Minnesota's play-off dream was shattered last night with a dissapointing loss to the Steelers whose dominant defence returned. Still.... we could still mathematically get to the wildcards :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

NFL, please please please please schedule the Giants' wild-card round playoff game for Sunday, Jan. 8 at 4 pm. I work on Saturday and Leicester-Spurs is on at 1:30, and I'd love to watch both games on TV.

w17_tiki_barber.jpg

I've been a Chicago Bears fan since their glory days of the mid 80s.

They've been pretty dismal for most of the last decade, but have just clinched the NFC North title.

The offense isn't quite up to Super Bowl winning standard yet, though.

But they're moving in the right direction. Hopefully a golden era lies ahead!

I've been a Chicago Bears fan since their glory days of the mid 80s.

They've been pretty dismal for most of the last decade, but have just clinched the NFC North title.

The offense isn't quite up to Super Bowl winning standard yet, though.

But they're moving in the right direction. Hopefully a golden era lies ahead!

A good friend of mine is big Bears fan (she lives in Chicago) and she is rather pleased that they have clinched the division - even though it is a weak division this personally. Personally thought they would struggle this year as they had very little offensive power. The defence won the NFC North title this year.

Vikings head coach Mike Tice was fired after the win against the Bears. Good. Lets hope Levein will be sacked now.

Now the regular season has drawn to a close we now have the play-off schedule:

NFC Wildcards: (first round byes - Seattle & Chicago)

Washington Redskins

@

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Carolina Panthers

@

New York Giants

AFC Wildcards: (first round byes - Indianapolis & Denver)

Jacksonville Jaguars

@

New England Patriots

Pittsburgh Steelers

@

Cincinnati Bengals

• 2 weeks later...

Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, January 14

9:30 p.m on Sky Sports -- Washington Redskins (11-6) at Seattle Seahawks (13-3)

1:00 a.m. on Sky Sports -- New England Patriots (11-6) at Denver Broncos (13-3)

Sunday, January 15

6:00 p.m. on Sky Sports -- Pittsburgh Steelers (12-5) at Indianapolis Colts (14-2)

9:30 p.m. on Sky Sports -- Carolina Panthers (12-5) at Chicago Bears (11-5)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This comes after the washington redskins won in Tampa 17-10, the Patriots won 28-3 in Foxboro', the Steelers won in the Jungle 31-17 and Carolina shutout Big Blue 23-0

Archived