Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

Any NFL fans in foxestalk?

I Agree with your last 2 draft picks, but not so sure about your call on Lienart. Most people expected huge things of Alex Smith (Overall 1st pick 2005) and he has 9 picks and 0 Touchdowns this year. Stats in the NFL do not lie :thumbup:

Going back to the Matt Leinart/Alex Smith debate.....

Alex Smith isn't fit to polish Leinart's gumshield, IMHO, let alone be compared to him. Even when losing to Texas in the Rose Bowl last week Leinart ran up 350+yards in the air, he is coolness personified.

See the Texan fans are demanding Vince Young be drafted instead of Reggie Bush :o

Carr, Johnson and Bush would give them a pretty formidable offense, just need to sort their offensive line out so Carr wouldn't end up on his arse every 5th play lol.

i could not believe it

worst game i've seen eli play

You didn't see him when he finally got a start last season then?

Not easy when your Dad and elder brother are 2 of the greatest ever and the focus on you is more intense than on any other QB.

Just wacked a tenner on each - Bears for the divisional champs and to win the superbowl (11/4 and 12/1) come on Bears!

Bears are currently 7 points down at home to Carolina.

Even if they recover, can't see them getting a result in Seattle... :(

Bears are currently 7 points down at home to Carolina.

Even if they recover, can't see them getting a result in Seattle... :(

10-0 now. I hope the Panthers win, they'll have a better chance against the Seahawks who i deteste vigorously :thumbup:

Colts lost didn't they!!!

'tis wide open now.

Pittsburgh Steelers sealed a thrilling play-off upset, beating Indianapolis Colts 21-18 to reach the AFC championship match against Denver.

The Colts, who had beaten the Steelers while on a 13-game winning run earlier in the season, had a chance to save the game in the final minute.

But Mike Vanderjagt missed a 46-yard field goal attempt that would have tied the game with 17 seconds remaining.

Carolina face Seattle in the NFC final after beating Chicago 29-21.

The Steelers are the first bottom seed to reach the American Conference final and beat the most successful team in the NFL this season to set that new record.

The Steelers led 14-0 in the first quarter and their defence held firm despite a late fightback by the Colts.

But in a tense final quarter, Indianapolis quarterback Payton Manning finally got his offense moving.

The Colts grabbed two touchdowns and a two-point conversion to pull within three points of the Steelers before Vanderjagt's costly miss - an unusual aberration from the most accurate kicker in NFL history.

The Bears had no way of dealing with Smith

Ben Roethlisberger was the star for the Steelers, throwing two touchdown passes and making a game-saving tackle in the final seconds to secure the win.

Afterwards, Colts coach Tony Dungy was left to regret a loss of form that saw them slip from a 13-0 start to losing three of their last four games, and with it homefield advantage for the play-offs.

"It's disappointing to have a regular season like we had and put yourself in position and not finish it off," he said.

"We just couldn't get going. We didn't give up. We have to use this as motivation for next year."

The Panthers' victory was largely down to the efforts of Steve Smith, who ran for 218 yards and scored two of their three touchdowns.

Smitty just put on the burners and took off

Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme

The Bears' defence featured five Pro Bowlers and had the best scoring record in the league, but could find no way to deal with Smith.

His touchdowns were a 58-yard catch and a 39-yard reception in the third quarter.

Panthers' quarterback Jake Delhomme completed 24 of 33 passes for 319 yards, and paid tribute to Smith's match-winning display.

"Smitty just put on the burners and took off," he said.

"He just takes off and guys have to dig in to try to catch him."

The last six minutes of the Colts-Steelers game was one of the most wild finishes I've seen this season.

- 5:28 left, 21-10 Pittsburgh-- Steelers safety Troy Polamalu intercepts a Peyton Manning pass and clearly has possession of the ball (and all replay angles and speeds shown on TV confirm this) but referee Pete Morelli rules the pass incomplete following a Colts challenge. This is definitely one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen (complete with a stupid explanation, too) and I still can't believe how it was possible to screw that up. The only reasons I can think of for overturning that call was that the NFL instructed him to do so in order to create an exciting finish for the game.

- 4:24 left, 21-18 Pittsburgh-- Manning rebounds with big completions to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne before Edgerrin James pounds it in from three yards. Colts go for two to make it a field-goal deficit, but are penalized five yards for a false start... but still complete the two-point conversion with perfect pass from Manning and a perfect catch by Wayne in the corner of the end zone. Indy's defense eventually stops Pittsburgh and they get the ball back, but...

- 1:27 left, 21-18 -- Colts turn over on downs after Manning is sacked twice. 1st-and-10 Pittsburgh at the Indianapolis 2, but they run the ball because the Colts have three time-outs remaining... they give it to the sure-handed Jerome Bettis but he fumbles (Come on, how the ^#$% does one fumble the ball in that situation?)--I'm not sure if Bettis had fumbled the ball at all in the regular season. It's picked up by Colts cornerback Nick Harper (who spent a few hours in the hospital on Saturday because he got into a heated argument with his wife, who cut his right knee with a filet knife) and it looks like he's got enough room to take it all the way back for a touchdown... but Ben Roethlisberger, of all people, makes a touchdown-saving tackle at about the Indy 45.

- 0:21 left, 21-18 -- Mike Vanderjagt, who made every field goal at home this season (and who, I must stress, has the highest field-goal accuracy percentage in NFL history), misses a 46-yard FG attempt that would have tied the game. Well... "misses" might not be the best word here as it doesn't accurately describe just how poor that field goal was. It was so far right that the ball was probably closer to the sideline than it was the right field-goal post. It was an absolutely awful miss and although 46 yards is difficult, I can't believe that an NFL kicker (let alone one of the best kickers in the league) could actually miss that badly. It was so poor that as soon as the ball was struck, I said, "He missed it." CHOKE.

The replays of the head coaches's reactions was priceless. They showed Colts' head coach Tony Dungy sadly saying to himself, "He missed it" when the ball was struck... followed by a clip of Steelers' head coach Bill Cowher temporarily ditching his famous scowl to exclaim, "He missed it!" in giddy excitement.

Any team can win it now, but I think Denver and Carolina will win their respective conference championship game. Jon Fox's game management has been so good that I think they have a great chance to win their third away playoff game.

Any team can win it now, but I think Denver and Carolina will win their respective conference championship game. Jon Fox's game management has been so good that I think they have a great chance to win their third away playoff game.

I hopeso :thumbup:

The Seahawks win comfortably with the league MVP on the bench for almost the whole game. Carolina will be a more difficult task..think it will be a toss-up in the conference final unless Alexander recovers in time. If he does the Hawks will surely win it all!

I personally am looking forward to a Steelers - Seahawks Superbowl game.

Steelers, because I'm a livelong fan, Seahawks because Seattle's only an hour from where I live.

GO STEELERS!

We'll make a Northwesterner out of you yet Swiss. Walk down to the local Starbucks for a latte and then a pint of mico-brew at lunch time. Go Hawks!!

Conference Championships

Sunday, January 22

8:00 p.m. on Sky Sports -- Carolina Panthers (13-5) at Seattle Seahawks (14-3)

11:30 p.m. on Sky Sports -- Pittsburgh Steelers (13-5) at Denver Broncos (14-3)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NFC Championship game is the outcome of Carolina winning 29-21 in the windy city, and Seattle successfully defending an unbeaten home record by defeating the Redskins 20-10 without the magnificent Shaun Alexander.

In the AFC Championship game, Pittsburgh will travel to the Mile High City to face a Broncos side who defeated the World Champion Patriots, 27-13 after a 100 yard interception return from All-Pro cornerback Champ Bailey. The Broncos will face the Steelers after they won at the RCA Dome, despite trying their hardest not to throw it away, against the favourites, the Colts.

The Seahawks win comfortably with the league MVP on the bench for almost the whole game.

Shaun Alexander doesn't show up for big games in a figurative sense, either.

I'm sticking with my earlier prediction that Carolina will win. ;)

Archived