Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

Any NFL fans in foxestalk?

The Bears will win the Super Bowl if they can win every game 9-6, but even with their great defense, I can't see that happening.

Sooner or later, their quarterback (whether it's Orton or Grossman) is going to have to make some plays. If they can actually establish some sort of passing game, they'd be a very scary team.

The Bears will win the Super Bowl if they can win every game 9-6, but even with their great defense, I can't see that happening.

Sooner or later, their quarterback (whether it's Orton or Grossman) is going to have to make some plays. If they can actually establish some sort of passing game, they'd be a very scary team.

Good points, they do need the offence to get going more, they struggle against other good defensive units.

Buffalo Bills, we are having a crap season real quarterback issues that need to be resolved in the draft next season. The GM has to do some serious trading to get a decent pick as there are 2 high class QB's available in the next draft.

3 superstars to watch next season and all will be rookies:

Matt Lienart - QB out of Southern California, he'll be better than Payton Manning.

Vince Young - QB from Texas, better than Michael Vick.

Reggie Bush - Running Back from Southern California, he will be the greatest running back ever by a million miles. He will become world famous and not the American world, he is a true star.

I'm a big New York Giants fan.

Do you often go to the Meadowlands? And what do you think of the plans for your new joint stadium with the Jets, especially now how it is supposed to cost over $1billion? :o

Think the pressure might get to the colts myself, Im a Chicago Bears fan myself from my time there - i think they could have an outside chance!

Boooooooooooooooo :mad:

Watch out we're behind you.... :ermm:

6099.jpg

Buffalo Bills, we are having a crap season real quarterback issues that need to be resolved in the draft next season. The GM has to do some serious trading to get a decent pick as there are 2 high class QB's available in the next draft.

3 superstars to watch next season and all will be rookies:

Matt Lienart - QB out of Southern California, he'll be better than Peyton Manning.

Vince Young - QB from Texas, better than Michael Vick.

Reggie Bush - Running Back from Southern California, he will be the greatest running back ever by a million miles. He will become world famous and not the American world, he is a true star.

I Agree with your last 2 draft picks, but not so sure about your call on Lienart. Most people expected huge things of Alex Smith (Overall 1st pick 2005) and he has 9 picks and 0 Touchdowns this year. Stats in the NFL do not lie :thumbup:

Do you often go to the Meadowlands? And what do you think of the plans for your new joint stadium with the Jets, especially now how it is supposed to cost over $1billion?

I don't go down to the Meadowlands as often as I'd like... The Giants are always sold out. There are ways to get tickets, but in general, they're like gold dust--there are some people who have waited over 20 years on the Giants' season tickets waiting list and I've heard estimates that there are 80,000 people on the list today (the stadium itself seats about 80,000). I haven't been down this season--I was going to go down for the "away" game against New Orleans, but I couldn't get out of work early enough to go down and buy tickets.

About the new stadium... I really don't know what to think. Giants Stadium is a bland place, there's no real character to it at all. The Meadowlands is a huge sports complex built in the middle of nowhere--its location in East Rutherford, New Jersey is just swampland, highways and factories in NYC's backyard. There's no rail access and traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike can sometimes be a huge pain in the ass.

The Meadowlands complex is dying--the New Jersey Nets basketball team is moving to Brooklyn, the Devils hockey team is moving to Newark, N.J., and the MetroStars are moving to Harrison, N.J., all perhaps by 2008. The Jets (who have a Wimbledon/Selhurst Park thing going at Giants Stadium) almost moved into Manhattan at a crazy new stadium that was supposed to be built on the West Side (and would have been the Olympic Stadium had NYC's 2012 bid succeeded), but they joined in with the Giants after the stadium plan was killed by the state legislature this year(for good reason).

The new football stadium is part of a large renovation project to the Meadowlands, including a huge theme-park-like addition. I don't like this idea because I'm sure a lot of the funding will come from public funds and I'm very much against using taxpayer funding to build stadia without the public's consent. I'd much prefer the existing Giants Stadium to be renovated.

Re: the quarterbacks mentioned, Peyton Manning is a special talent--he's got a good arm, great sense in the pocket and is by far the best game-manager at his position. I find it hard to believe that Matt Leinart will be better than Peyton. Sure, Peyton had a good supporting cast at Tennessee, but Leinart's set-up at USC is ridiculous. Leinart won the Heisman in 2004 and that's the kiss of death for quarterbacks ;).

...and most quarterbacks would probably have lopsided touchdown/interception ratios playing in San Fran right now--they're awful! Just four wins in their last 29 games. I think they've used four different quarterbacks. It's like David Carr at Houston--those teams are so bad that their quarterbacks will never get a chance to develop their play--only the chance to suffer concussions.

Vince Young is excellent... USC and Texas meet in this year's college football championship at the Rose Bowl, it'll be a great game--I think it's the best final matchup since the start of the current USC dynasty.

...but Reggie Bush is on a different level... I'm not a huge college football follower (there are no good programs around NY) but I don't think I've ever seen a player that good at that level. He's like Barry Sanders and Gale Sayers combined. He can hurt his opposition in so many ways. It's in struggling teams' best interests to lose the rest of their games for a better chance at drafting him (the 2006 Draft has been called the "Reggie Bush Sweepstakes" all season).

--also, Idea and C-man--Bears @ Vikings in the final game of the season, and everything could be at stake at that point :)

Archived