Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Sponsorship Too Far

Nicked this from outfoxed of the FoxFanzine Forum

I was at the birmingham v west ham game monday night when repka got booked it came over the tannoy that the yellow card for repka is sponsored by such and such company. also everytime they made a substitution that was also sponsored by certain local companies. i'm amazed city have not cottoned onto this.

:huh::o:angry::mellow:

That can't be real - Yellow cards sponsored by local companies?

That's gotta be among the most ridiculous sponsorship schemes ever, it just can't be real.

"And tonights red card for violent conduct was brought to you by Halfords"

(Halfords - just the place to buy objects that could potentially be used for violent purposes, such as a hand pump :P)

Hmm. I wonder what happens when no-one gets booked for a few games, do the companies complain? Or do you think the club gets paid per ad, so wants it's players to get booked? :huh::ermm: <_< :ph34r:

no i reckon a company would pay say £25.000 a season for every game every booking to read out there name after it,.. some games people will be walking home with the name ringing in their ears like sheff yoo but others you wouldnt get a mention.. works out the same over t'hole season though dunt it like :D:D

Danny Tiatto - sponsored by Brute (sorry Brut).

Rab Douglas (sponsored by British Airways) -----always flapping.

Nils (sponsored by the Eurovision Song Contest)

Dion Dublin (sponsored by King Kong - or something very similar)

Richard Stearman (Rastafarian Drivers Club)

MDV (Hotpoint)

Elvis (The King)

Gareth Williams (Rest Assured)

Joey (Duracell)

Ryan Smith (Paul Daniels)

I'm sure there's loads more.

It all sounds a great idea to me.

That can't be real - Yellow cards sponsored by local companies?

That's gotta be among the most ridiculous sponsorship schemes ever, it just can't be real.

"And tonights red card for violent conduct was brought to you by Halfords"

Wouldn't such deals would encourage more bookings (so as to secure a higher income)?!?!?! :blink:

In that case, I would encourage Leic city to accept sponsorship on bookings affecting the opposition only :P

Archived