Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Leaders on the pitch!

So obvious yesterday there was no one to take charge, lead and captain the team!

This is the time we desperately need a proper leader and that's not the likes of Hamza Choudhury FFS!!!

Only one man springs to mind who can take on this crucial role.

...Coady.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, weller54 said:

So obvious yesterday there was no one to take charge, lead and captain the team!

This is the time we desperately need a proper leader and that's not the likes of Hamza Choudhury FFS!!!

...Coady.

I get the point in general but does seem like another lazy swipe at Hamza. Did you see Choudhury against Leeds? When pretty much everyone else was losing the plot, he was the only one seemingly keeping his head, probably stopped Ricardo doing something stupid, getting involved with Dan James, and actually seemed arsed about getting on with it rather than having handbags when losing.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

...Coady.

Winks would lead by example. Coady is no certainty to play.

Next best for me is Ricci P.

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

...Coady.

Mads seemed to be waving his arms around and having a go after the second goal. No quite Kasper proportions but still..... 

To be honest, Leadership begins in the managers office. We have plenty of characters who have been leaders before. Vestergaard was very much a leader at Southampton, Vardy has been a leader, Albrighton is very experienced and can be part of a leadership group, Coady is a leader, Winks is massively experienced and can be encouraged to lead, Vardy has been a leader of sorts. 

Why are none of these players stepping up where they have stepped up before? 
The fact we continue to play a guy guilty of drink driving on the wrong side of the road is a massive lack of leadership. 

Someone needs to grab these experienced players and tell them to pull themselves together because it’s clearly not coming from the top, whether that be coach or board level. 

Coady was brought in to be the leader no doubt about it, for some reason though Maresca doesn’t even rate him above Nelson in the playing stakes which is why he has played hardly any league games this season after recovering from his injury

7 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Coady was brought in to be the leader no doubt about it, for some reason though Maresca doesn’t even rate him above Nelson in the playing stakes which is why he has played hardly any league games this season after recovering from his injury

I think it’s purely down to playing style, I’ve honestly no idea why we signed him, he’s a premier league defender in the right system. I can imagine pretty much any other manager would walk into us day 1 and promote him to the starting 11. It’s really strange and a perfect example of why we can’t afford to sign an 8. 

I was thinking earlier in the season, we don't have a named club captain and I was going to compare it to last season, expect last season I used it as a reason for our failures and this season quite clearly we've been a success, up until now.

Rodgers spoke to 'Leadership groups' but it was very much a case of the blind leading the blind, I was hoping all that nonsense would be stopped by Maresca but i'm not sure it has - infact, again it was something I was going to point out that I thought had stopped then I think Maresca spoke about it which disappointed me.

Time for certain experienced pros to stand up and be counted, lead and drag others through the trenches, unfortunately I fear the likes of Coady have had their noses pushed out of joint by how they've been treated by management.

Ricki P and Vards not options right now!, and NOW is what is needed.. Tuesday night type of now!

Vardy won't play 90 minutes anymore so he's not the solution.

For me, Coady has to come in for the Sunderland game either to replace Faes or Nelson.

Albrighton to replace Mavadidi, who was beyond shocking yesterday!

Ditch Daka and play Cannon!

Justin cannot possibly be picked over Doyle on Tuesday either!

17 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Having seen both on the pitch I’d have to say I can understand why Maresca has perhaps selected Nelson. He does look the better footballer from a possession perspective. I was surprised when I first saw Coady run out for us considering his England past. He looks a bit awkward as a ball player and slower on the ball (and slower off it), though at times he can ping a pass. Maybe it’s just an aesthetic thing tbf. 

In saying that, Coady has the leadership and the knowledge of a seasoned professional and after another defeat it’s probably time for a more experienced approach against Sunderland. I’d start him on Tuesday.