Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Sports personality of the year

1st = Freddie Flintoff

2nd = Ellen Macarther

3rd = Gerrard

flintoff is a personality all right, what a ledge. not sure about gerrard coming 3rd though.

I'm glad that Flintoff won. As for Gerrard, its quite an achievement to win European club football's premier tournament on your own! Usually a whole football team wins the Champions League. I think he deserves 3rd for his efforts, and for not going to Chelsea. ;)

I'm glad that Flintoff won. As for Gerrard, its quite an achievement to win European club football's premier tournament on your own! Usually a whole football team wins the Champions League. I think he deserves 3rd for his efforts, and for not going to Chelsea. ;)

Flintoff's a genuine sporting inspiration - I'll never get over all the women and other folk who previously never had the slightest interest in cricket - getting wrapped up in the summer dramas.

Liverpool's triumph was a fairytale (though I'll mainly remember it for the fan who committed suicide at half-time and the other one who blew his life-savings on his midmatch bet which Liverpool wrecked) but I'd never thought of it as being, as you rightly point out, such an awesome individual achievement but how well Dame Ellen MacArthur has done.

To finish second from the isolated world of ocean yachting is a fitting tribute to an heroic woman. I've read her books and been humbled by her limitless courage, her extraordinary seamanship and her indefatigable resilience and determination.

This girl started her sailing almost as far from the sea as it is possible to be - in Derbyshire - and yet has crossed boundaries which appeared impossible and has triumphed as a living testimony to the all-but-unimaginable brilliance and resourcefulness of the human mind and body.

To me she's up there with the pioneers of space and medicine - a person who single-handedly took on the world and won. God I wish she could play right wing! :)

Ellen McCarther also came top of top gears star in a reasonably priced car competition last week.

Thrac is it true that a Liverpool fan comitted suiciced at HT? where did you hear that? imagine how his family felt AET. ouch

Yes. It was in the National press. Was so cheesed off at half-time he ended it all and, apart from anything else, missed his team making one of the greatest recoveries in history to win one of the most coveted prizes.

It's exactly the sort of thing that would happen to me. I had some shares years ago in a company called Consultants (Commercial and Financial). They had remained static for a couple of years, I decided I could used the money better, and they went up enough the following day to have made me £10,000.

That is to extreme I can understand the feeling of seeing your team 3 nill down but to do that with a family and everything is shocking

Glad Freddie won he deserved it

Archived