Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Can someone tell me what this means?

So I’ve lived in the United States for almost 13 years now.. but every now and then need help ‘ translating’.  Something I still don’t understand.

This is a ‘ soccer’ Coach.  Can anyone tell me what this part means?

4BBD24E9-EDD0-4409-896E-42C84A703D1A.jpeg

The all region selection thing I assume is like a team of the year equivalent. The second bit is literally that he is that College team’s all-time leading goalscorer, and that he’s the player who has won the most points (for wins/draws) with that college team.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Spelling error - it’s scoring and pints; he necked the most Carling and decked the most women in La Manga. 

necked the most pints? An American? No chance.

18 hours ago, MPH said:

So I’ve lived in the United States for almost 13 years now.. but every now and then need help ‘ translating’.  Something I still don’t understand.

This is a ‘ soccer’ Coach.  Can anyone tell me what this part means?

4BBD24E9-EDD0-4409-896E-42C84A703D1A.jpeg

I think it's pretty obvious - as a coach his teams have gained more points and scored more goals than any other coach's team.

All region selection is like being selected for the 'team of the season' within his region. he was selected twice.

21 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

Is it like Ice Hockey where they combine assists and goals into totals points?

16 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I think it's pretty obvious - as a coach his teams have gained more points and scored more goals than any other coach's team.

I’m pretty sure @FoxyPV is right about this—goals plus assists. I’ve played in school leagues that had similar stats.

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

I’m pretty sure @FoxyPV is right about this—goals plus assists. I’ve played in school leagues that had similar stats.

but the goals and points were referring to his coaching pedigree, can't imagine assists would be that significant compared to how many points his teams have won?

7 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

but the goals and points were referring to his coaching pedigree, can't imagine assists would be that significant compared to how many points his teams have won?

The underlined sentence is clearly and specifically about his playing career.

Henschel concluded his career as UW-Oshkosh's leader in goals (55), points (143) and matches played (73). He ranks second on the Titans' all-time career list in both goals and points.

I think this is why british people resent the way american's talk about the sport