Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

VAR in the championship next season?????

To the football league, FA, uefa and whoever else.   Get your VAR and stick it up your anus.  F"*cking hate it.  It may have won us the cup but it's killing the joy of the game.  The celebration after a 3 minute review just isn't that explosion it would have been. I don't care if someone's bell end was offside or whether arms are in an unnatural position.  The game is the number 1 sport in the world and got there without VAR

2 hours ago, em9999 said:

As for saying var gets more right than it gets wrong ... The simple answer is it shouldn't get anything wrong

Cuz it renders the whole thing pointless if it does

I hate it ..

"It". It isn't a thing. It is simply a referee behind a TV and referees are rubbish anyway.

So referees still get things wrong but are acting as VAR.

VAR is shite . Its accuracy is dubious , opinions differ , takes too long . It has grown into a monster . It’s a freakin’ football match not forking life and death . Entertainment . Sack it off and get back to allowing a ref to make a judgement . It’s shite and it needs binning. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Should be. People moan about VAR making poor decisions. Officials in this league have been absolutely ****ing honking in every aspect, they make shit decisions multiple times per game. Officials have been getting things wrong for decades, so what's the difference? I'd choose VAR over the shower of shit currently refereeing the EFL any day of the week, its been absolutely, utterly honking this season. 

And the refs take advantage of the fact that they won't get picked up on, EFL way less high profile, decisions important to the fans and clubs but in grand scale of things not.  Many of them are lazy in their decision making because they can be.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SecretPro said:

This is true, but i feel it's more the nature of the decision making than the actual decisions which irritates most people. 

In no other sport or game would you expect anything less than the rules being followed to the letter, yet in Football, if someone is proven to be offside its disgusting because it was only a few millimetres (aka, against the rules).

Var reaches the correct decision eventually more often than the current standard of officiating without it. 

Basically, you either want the rules to be applied, or you want to be able to bend them. I would rather have the rules applied, even if it is irritating much of the time.

Disagree with this - cricket has it right with lbw decisions: if it is within a certain zone, it reverts to umpires call. The review is there to rule out bad calls, not to make the decisions. I don't see how VAR is accurate enough to make an offside decision in mm. Someone kicking a ball can take a few fractions of a second: when they make contact, when it leaves their foot - and the attacker/defender will move in that time. And if the lines aren't perfectly straight, VAR might be wrong anyway...

Cricket still struggles with some areas: was it a catch or not (did it hit the ground?) which are black and white rather than a judgement - so no different from penalties / handballs / fouls. But I think the offside rule specifically should have a zone and be not be overturned on the basis of mm.

12 hours ago, ozleicester said:

VAR has NOT solved any of the problems it was intrduced for.

Still errors costing games, and even cups. Still unending discussions about ref's and cheating.

Just more wasted time and spoilt in ground experiences.

The latest Premier League statistics show before VAR was introduced, 82 per cent of refereeing decisions were correct. Now, since VAR was introduced, 96 per cent of decisions are correct.Feb 8, 2024

I think people are forgetting just how bad the decision making was before VAR was introduced...

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1