Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

VAR in the championship next season?????

This statement was a deliberate error and having looked at it over and over again for the past month with all sorts of lines drew through it it's not been allowed and it's as you were before . Gary Neville Is adamant however this decision should be changed. 

• Haha 2

Should be. People moan about VAR making poor decisions. Officials in this league have been absolutely ****ing honking in every aspect, they make shit decisions multiple times per game. Officials have been getting things wrong for decades, so what's the difference? I'd choose VAR over the shower of shit currently refereeing the EFL any day of the week, its been absolutely, utterly honking this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I prefer it. I prefer an honest bad refereeing decision (including the Leeds and Ipswich debacles) to VAR pawing over fractional decisions.

VAR robbed  football of one of its iconic moments yesterday over a decision in millimetres. Nothing is worth that. 

I ate Cov though

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Should be. People moan about VAR making poor decisions. Officials in this league have been absolutely ****ing honking in every aspect, they make shit decisions multiple times per game. Officials have been getting things wrong for decades, so what's the difference? I'd choose VAR over the shower of shit currently refereeing the EFL any day of the week, its been absolutely, utterly honking this season. 

Well as we all know you might still not get the decision you want or expect .

Ask Forest ..

Just now, Super_horns said:

Well as we all know you might still not get the decision you want or expect .

Ask Forest ..

This is true, but i feel it's more the nature of the decision making than the actual decisions which irritates most people. 

In no other sport or game would you expect anything less than the rules being followed to the letter, yet in Football, if someone is proven to be offside its disgusting because it was only a few millimetres (aka, against the rules).

Var reaches the correct decision eventually more often than the current standard of officiating without it. 

Basically, you either want the rules to be applied, or you want to be able to bend them. I would rather have the rules applied, even if it is irritating much of the time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

if someone is proven to be offside its disgusting because it was only a few millimetres

But there rules are there to mitigate this. Offsides have always had a benefit of doubt. 

As a.kid, the defensive team had the benefit but there was a rule change,.in, at a guess, the 90s that changed the benefit of doubt to the attacker. Meaning the 'goal' yesterday would've correctly stood had it have been gjven

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

VAR still get things wrong. They just take longer to do it. Football has thrived without it for years. Why change it? 

• Like 1

VAR has NOT solved any of the problems it was intrduced for.

Still errors costing games, and even cups. Still unending discussions about ref's and cheating.

Just more wasted time and spoilt in ground experiences.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

VAR has NOT solved any of the problems it was intrduced for.

Still errors costing games, and even cups. Still unending discussions about ref's and cheating.

Just more wasted time and spoilt in ground experiences.

It has corrected an awful lot of erroneous decisions though. And for me all of the negatives are vastly outweighed by that fact, that it turns incorrect decisions into correct decisions a lot more often than it gets it the other way round, including doing so at Wembley to give us our first FA Cup win. That doesn't happen without VAR, and it certainly didn't spoil my in ground experience.

There needs to be a lot of work done on improving refereeing, ensuring objectivity and using VAR properly. It is work worth doing though, scrapping VAR would be a huge backwards step.

Can't even celebrate a goal anymore , var has took the enjoyment out of football it stinks and it needs to be gone . Man city city also need to be punished the to do list for the fa would be simple if they weren't so usless

• Like 1

As for saying var gets more right than it gets wrong ... The simple answer is it shouldn't get anything wrong

Cuz it renders the whole thing pointless if it does

I hate it ..

• Like 2