Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

If the players are all giving 110%....

Why did only two of them feel proud enough to clap the supporters? Joey and Hume were the only two who came up to the Kop and clapped, Douglas clapped from a distance. If you've given it your all, as CL and some of the players say they are doing, then why be ashamed of yourself and walk straight down the tunnel? Maybe, just maybe some of the players aren't actually trying their hardest as CL says they do every week! :o The only time I'd walk off the pitch with my head down if I was a professional footballer would be if I knew that I hadn't done the best I possibly could. Only Joey and Hume felt that they had done so in my opinion. Time for people like CL to stop saying "They're all trying their best" when it's blatantly not true. Let's see a bit more pride in performance by the players and not just when it looks like we're on the verge of an embarassing defeat.

i'd say smith tried his best and he dint applaud the kop either, same for maybury and gerrbrand

So many boo's, why? when a team comes back from from 1-0 down with 10 men, think about it...Our fans are twats.

Would you want to applaud?

i'd guess the boos are because we had enough of the play to have won confortably

yes i know we are, but there was a loud "huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume" chant at the end as he was stood infront of the kop applauding, as for the people who booed they are muppets who want levein out and would complain if we had won 4-0.

yes we should of won, but most teams say that evryweek, we were 1-0 down, down to 10 men and came back to get a point, creating enough chances to win 10 game let alone 1, on another day we would have won, we dint move on millwall next they are far worse than crewe, if we dont beat them levein will be is deep shit with the fans as 1 or 2 points from games playing the bottom 2 simply isnt good enough

Why did only two of them feel proud enough to clap the supporters? Joey and Hume were the only two who came up to the Kop and clapped, Douglas clapped from a distance. If you've given it your all, as CL and some of the players say they are doing, then why be ashamed of yourself and walk straight down the tunnel? Maybe, just maybe some of the players aren't actually trying their hardest as CL says they do every week! :o The only time I'd walk off the pitch with my head down if I was a professional footballer would be if I knew that I hadn't done the best I possibly could. Only Joey and Hume felt that they had done so in my opinion. Time for people like CL to stop saying "They're all trying their best" when it's blatantly not true. Let's see a bit more pride in performance by the players and not just when it looks like we're on the verge of an embarassing defeat.

Can't say I felt the crowd got behind the players much today - they were booed off by some at half-time after a contained but generally excellent show of football.

I wouldn't be surprised if Craig wanted it that way, to avoid conceding a silly goal but, whatever, it wasn't a great reaction and I felt the team could have done with better.

I usually do but them I'm a pretty vocal sort of supporter and thoroughly enjoyed it this week with seven year old enderby schoolboy Sam (a fan since he was three), his grandma Barbara (whose mum was a fan before her) and a Castle Rock schoolboy called Luke who were all as vociferous as me.

Furthermore they were extaordinarily knowledgeable on the game, thoroughly enjoyed their afternoon and couldn't believe the mid-time booing.

As for not giving their all. you have to be joking. Smithy was hurt near the end and looked close to exhaustion but stayed on trying desperately to fashion a breakthrough when he could barely move.

By the end Hume was going so determined he'd have ran straight through the kop walls for a goal, Joey was geeing everyone up, Hughes was magnificent, even Williams was running...

No, there might have been the odd guilty face but generally the team did everything it could and maybe, just maybe, didn't believe the fans played their part well enough.

I'd agree with em and some of the criticism on here only confirms what I say.

Can't say I felt the crowd got behind the players much today - they were booed off by some at half-time after a contained but generally excellent show of football.

I wouldn't be surprised if Craig wanted it that way, to avoid conceding a silly goal but, whatever, it wasn't a great reaction and I felt the team could have done with better.

I usually do but them I'm a pretty vocal sort of supporter and thoroughly enjoyed it this week with seven year old enderby schoolboy Sam (a fan since he was three), his grandma Barbara (whose mum was a fan before her) and a Castle Rock schoolboy called Luke who were all as vociferous as me.

Furthermore they were extaordinarily knowledgeable on the game, thoroughly enjoyed their afternoon and couldn't believe the mid-time booing.

As for not giving their all. you have to be joking. Smithy was hurt near the end and looked close to exhaustion but stayed on trying desperately to fashion a breakthrough when he could barely move.

By the end Hume was going so determined he'd have ran straight through the kop walls for a goal, Joey was geeing everyone up, Hughes was magnificent, even Williams was running...

No, there might have been the odd guilty face but generally the team did everything it could and maybe, just maybe, didn't believe the fans played their part well enough.

I'd agree with em and some of the criticism on here only confirms what I say.

Read my original post again wiil you?

Why did only two of them feel proud enough to clap the supporters? Joey and Hume were the only two who came up to the Kop and clapped, Douglas clapped from a distance. If you've given it your all, as CL and some of the players say they are doing, then why be ashamed of yourself and walk straight down the tunnel? Maybe, just maybe some of the players aren't actually trying their hardest as CL says they do every week! ohmy.gif The only time I'd walk off the pitch with my head down if I was a professional footballer would be if I knew that I hadn't done the best I possibly could. Only Joey and Hume felt that they had done so in my opinion. Time for people like CL to stop saying "They're all trying their best" when it's blatantly not true. Let's see a bit more pride in performance by the players and not just when it looks like we're on the verge of an embarassing defeat.

I said some of them didn't try their best, not all of them. When did I say Smith didn't try his best btw? I was merely saying that I would like the players to clap the fans at the end of the game instead of just walking straight off. It makes it look like they're ashamed of their performance. Maybe some of them were ashamed of their performances rather than not believing that the fans played their part? The paying supporters help to fund the players wages, I'm sure the players would miss the role us fans play if we no longer paid to watch them play every week.

If you've played aswell as you can do, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Clap the supporters and receive their applause back. I can't see a problem in that. They should be proud of what they've done at the end of a game.

Read my original post again wiil you?

I said some of them didn't try their best, not all of them. When did I say Smith didn't try his best btw? I was merely saying that I would like the players to clap the fans at the end of the game instead of just walking straight off. It makes it look like they're ashamed of their performance. Maybe some of them were ashamed of their performances rather than not believing that the fans played their part? The paying supporters help to fund the players wages, I'm sure the players would miss the role us fans play if we no longer paid to watch them play every week.

If you've played aswell as you can do, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Clap the supporters and receive their applause back. I can't see a problem in that. They should be proud of what they've done at the end of a game.

Well I'd have been pissed off if I'd been booed having played like that - especially after being robbed by the referee as well...... yet again.

The fans barely got behind the team at all today from what I heard - bottom line. I was ashamed of em to be honest.

Over 25,000 people with the free ticket brigade and barely a bloody whimper for a decent performance. And you ask players to say thanks very much.

Well I'd have been pissed off if I'd been booed having played like that - especially after being robbed by the referee as well...... yet again.

The fans barely got behind the team at all today from what I heard - bottom line. I was ashamed of em to be honest.

Over 25,000 people with the free ticket brigade and barely a bloody whimper for a decent performance. And you ask players to say thanks very much.

It depends upon how you view the players clapping the fans really. I see it as their cahnce to receive some applause for their efforts aswell as them saying thanks back. Just because some people booed at half time and not everyone was singing is a bit of a childish reason for walking off without applauding imo. If you're confident that you've played well, go and recieve the applause.

It's alright saying we were robbed by the ref first half, but the fact is we conceded yet another soft goal. I don't blame Sheehan for not stopping the cross in particular but Rab should really be plucking those kind of balls out of the air with ease. Keepers get so much protection these days that even if he jumps, doesn't get the ball and the striker heads it in above him he'll probably win a free kick for obstruction. CL himself has said in the past that keepers should command their six yard box. Crewe's goal was a poor example of Rab controlling his six yard box. He didn't and it reminded me of other similar goals this season eg Watford at home. I don't blame fans for booing. They see us create chance after chance, corner after corner, dominate the game and then concede a soft goal. To me the opposition seem to get one or two chances at Filbert Way and they score. We need a keeper who can have very little to do but when is called upon can do what's required.

i feel the atmosphere was prob the worst ever today!

team only came proper when we went down to 10 men, and they worked so well i though to get that goal back!

i do feel we are the unlukiest team at the moment so many shots yet none of the bug gers go in!

not sure we were robbed by the ref really i think he was the best ref we have had so far this season he let alot of things go and let the game keep on flowing unless necessary!

This thread has gone full circle.

It was disappointing that some players didn't applaud the crowd. It is also true that there were some fans booing - clueless idiots (I was in F1 btw).

The only reason that I can think of for players not coming to the KOP to applaud is that they were too disappointed with the result, and they may have thought that they let the fans down with the performance/result. In that way they didn't feel they could approach the fans after the match because they were ashamed of themselves.

we need a better chant for humey, just unfortunate that his name sounds like a boo

I have already suggested my magic little gem of (to the tune of he's here, he's there):

He's quick, he's blue

He'll p*ss all over you

Ian Hume, Ian Hume

Or similarly, just take the original he's here, he's there, he's everywhere chant and sing it for Hume

Tried to start it but it doesn't work when there's less than three of you and you're in the main stand. Seems to provoke a bit ot crowd reaction and atmosphere though. "Sit downnnnnn". Ha ha.

I take your point, and it's a valid one.

But taking a step back... it's us who effectively pay the players' wages. Ok, let me rephrase, as I wasn't there, it's the paying, ticket buying public who make it possible for players to be paid good money. If I was being paid £5,000 a week, I'd clap the fans for an hour after the game if they wanted me to.

Archived