Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Morris To Be Cautious

It may be a well-worn cliche but injury-plagued Lee Morris can be forgiven for saying that he is taking each training session as it comes. Morris has endured a nightmare run of injuries since signing for City.

Now he is back in training as he plods the road to recovery from knee injuries.

The latest step in his rehabilitation came last week when he played 30 minutes in a closed-doors friendly.

But the 25-year-old refuses to set his sights too far ahead lest he suffers another setback.

"I have rushed back a few times and tried coming back too quickly and we have seen the results of that," said the former Sheffield United and Derby County player.

"I am taking it a little bit easier this time and getting through day-to-day training. I am making sure I get through them.

"You get aches and niggles but, in general, I have been good."

Morris has played just 10 times for City, eight as a substitute, since his £120,000 move from Derby in January 2004.

His City career has been cut down by serious injuries and made him an almost permanent fixture in the treatment room.

After being signing by Micky Adams, his debut was delayed by a training-ground injury.

And it was not until Craig Levein's first match in charge, at Crewe last season, that supporters first saw Morris.

However, medial and cruciate ligament injuries put him out of action.

Now the end appears in sight, though Morris refuses to set a date on his comeback.

"Every time I have set a date it's not been a good thing," said Morris.

"I don't want to give myself the kiss of death.

"It's going to be January before I can play in the reserves. That gives me a month's good training under my belt.

"I am still the same player I was. If I can play and be fit, I won't have a problem.

"That was always the case when I was fit before so I don't see how things can be different from then to now."

On the long journey back to health, Morris has received support from Jason Wilcox, who has suffered two serious knee injuries in his career, as well as Levein, whose own career was cut short by knee problems.

"Jason Wilcox did his cruciate," said Morris. "He has been really helpful through it all.

"He did it just a few months before me. He could talk me through what he was doing.

"He was back within three or four months and that proves you can do it.

"The manager has been really good all the way through, popping in and asking how I am.

"I know that if I can get fit, there's still a place here for me."

Source: http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

Ok, I know Morris is a former D*rby player, but he is now wearing the City shirt and DESERVES TO BE GIVEN A CHANCE. He didn't ask to be injured so I feel sorry for him.

When he does get his chance, I will give him at least 10-12 consecutive games to see what he can do and he for one will be getting my support - much more than cr*p like Sylla. I hope nobody knocks Morris until he has had a fair amount of time to prove himself.

C'mon Morris get yourself fit mate as you have my support because YOU ARE A LEICESTER CITY PLAYER AND BE PROUD !!

Up the City :devil:

Archived