Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

FAO Levein Bumlickers..

Will any of you now concede that the man is not untouchable? However much you like his style or his glasses or the way in which he refuses to ever take any blame himself, surely you yourselves would accept that results under him have not been and are not good enough.

A rare glimpse of quality once every five or six games simply does not cut it. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's just not doing a good enough job.

Will any of you now concede that the man is not untouchable? However much you like his style or his glasses or the way in which he refuses to ever take any blame himself, surely you yourselves would accept that results under him have not been and are not good enough.

A rare glimpse of quality once every five or six games simply does not cut it. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's just not doing a good enough job.

I'm a nice bloke, maybe I could do the job.

Well put TPH. :thumbup:

Even if we sneak a result at Reading on Wednesday night it would not get him off the hook.

Agreed :thumbup:

I expect someone will ban me before long so that you can all get back to your Levein love-in!

It's very nearly anagramatical.

It's comments like this that frustrate me on here sometimes.

TPH, you make some good points and I often find myself agreeing with you when I read this board. What gets my goat (Libertine has brought it up previously) is that fans who don't necessarily want Levein out (at this point & for whatever reason) are not automatically 'bumlickers' or proclaim CL to be a messiah. That is simply not true and seldom have I seen CL supporters praising him to the levels which the CL out brigade would have you believe.

TPH, you make some good points and I often find myself agreeing with you when I read this board. What gets my goat (Libertine has brought it up previously) is that fans who don't necessarily want Levein out (at this point & for whatever reason) are not automatically 'bumlickers' or proclaim CL to be a messiah. That is simply not true and seldom have I seen CL supporters praising him to the levels which the CL out brigade would have you believe.

Okay fair enough, it was over the top and something I feel passionately about.

I do feel though that a lot of people are loathe to criticise just because they want to be seen to be a more 'loyal' and 'better' fan.

Levein out.

But I'd also like to say the following..

You say that people like me misrepresent the arguments of those who don't want Levein out, which may well be a fair point.

Having said that, a lot of people accuse people like myself who do want Levein out, of not recognising the very few positive things he has done since he has been here, like bringing the wage bill down etc. That simply isn't true. I'm not an idiot and my decision has been made having taken things in to account. THAT's what gets my goat.

i was in favour of giving him until the summer atleast, but he has passed too many appauling performances off as being "unlucky not to win" and fear that he doesnt have the guts to make the decisions to turn things around.

2 games running williams has come on and changed the game yet he refuses to start him, twatto on the left wing hasnt even played in months, never got more that 10 yards infront of nils and got sent off, for 2 stupid challenges (sheehan is young and inexperienced, whats danny's excuse)

wtf is the point of bringing hughes and mdv on in the 87th minuet ffs. he has lost the plot.

he's done some good things behind the scenes (with the academe, that kind of thing) but we are lower than we ever were under mickey and the football isnt marcably improved either.

do what millwall did "move him upstairs" and bring someone else in

i was in favour of giving him until the summer atleast, but he has passed too many appauling performances off as being "unlucky not to win" and fear that he doesnt have the guts to make the decisions to turn things around.

2 games running williams has come on and changed the game yet he refuses to start him, twatto on the left wing hasnt even played in months, never got more that 10 yards infront of nils and got sent off, for 2 stupid challenges (sheehan is young and inexperienced, whats danny's excuse)

wtf is the point of bringing hughes and mdv on in the 87th minuet ffs. he has lost the plot.

he's done some good things behind the scenes (with the academe, that kind of thing) but we are lower than we ever were under mickey and the football isnt marcably improved either.

do what millwall did "move him upstairs" and bring someone else in

I've made the point before, but Levein must think that Chelsea are really lucky and someone like East Stirling and just really unlucky. To him, performance or tactics simply don't come in to it.

But I'd also like to say the following..

You say that people like me misrepresent the arguments of those who don't want Levein out, which may well be a fair point.

Having said that, a lot of people accuse people like myself who do want Levein out, of not recognising the very few positive things he has done since he has been here, like bringing the wage bill down etc. That simply isn't true. I'm not an idiot and my decision has been made having taken things in to account. THAT's what gets my goat.

Which is absolutely fair enough.

i dont see why people should take into account the few things levein has done which are good. if we get relegated under craig levein will the fans who are behind him now still be behind him then.

i dont think so. we have a team of players that are capable of keeping us up but like TPH says levein looks scared of changing things when things are not going our way and he does persist to try and make out none of this is his fault. if he hasnt got the guts to admit to his mistakes he dont deserve to be manager of our club leicester city

Archived