Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
davieG

Rumour

Recommended Posts

Posted
Izzet for manager

21790[/snapback]

Player manager ;)

21795[/snapback]

I’ll second that !! Heart, passion, Grit all the thing’s we are missing, BUT sorry to put a dampener on your idea, he’s no experience and that’s the most important attribute we need in a manager at the moment

Now don’t all laugh how about George Graham or even “El Tel “

Posted
Izzet for manager

21790[/snapback]

Player manager ;)

21795[/snapback]

I’ll second that !! Heart, passion, Grit all the thing’s we are missing, BUT sorry to put a dampener on your idea, he’s no experience and that’s the most important attribute we need in a manager at the moment

Now don’t all laugh how about George Graham or even “El Tel “

21810[/snapback]

Too expensive and not hungry enough for me.

Posted
Muzzy Izzet did more of a job getting us promoted than Micky Adams, now lets hear no more of it ;)

21786[/snapback]

Complete and utter rubbish.

he was a non event for the last two seasons

Posted
Muzzy Izzet did more of a job getting us promoted than Micky Adams, now lets hear no more of it ;)

21786[/snapback]

Complete and utter rubbish.

he was a non event for the last two seasons

21840[/snapback]

Look at us now without him :rolleyes: His performances dropped below his usual standards a few years ago but thats because he had to adapt to Adams style of play, he still made everything happen.

Posted

It's a sad state of affairs that we have to rely on a washed up Forest reject to provide some creatvity in the midfield :( I'm not talking about Williams ;)

Posted

Spot on Petrescu, the trouble with Muzzy was he's a football player and if your a football player you dont fit in Adams plans.

The plan involves, the goalkeeper, a tall attacker who can flick on and a little attacker with speed to try and score.

Posted

Adams was a very important reason for us getting promoted. We did not have a very good squad with only one outstanding player in Izzet. Adams managed to get the best out of average players like Davidson, Stewart and Dickov to get us promoted.

We had a tiny squad and had to use Tommy Wright and Trevor Benjamin on numerous occaisions in the second half of the season.

If you are going to comment on Micky at least be fair. The football may be poor but he did do a good job in his first season.

Posted
Spot on Petrescu, the trouble with Muzzy was he's a football player and if your a football player you dont fit in Adams plans.

The plan involves, the goalkeeper, a tall attacker who can flick on and a little attacker with speed to try and score.

21853[/snapback]

Like brian little and Martin Oneil did... they didn't do too bad. Nor did we last time in this division, spare me the we had the players shit as well.

Posted
Spot on Petrescu, the trouble with Muzzy was he's a football player and if your a football player you dont fit in Adams plans.

The plan involves, the goalkeeper, a tall attacker who can flick on and a little attacker with speed to try and score.

21853[/snapback]

Like brian little and Martin Oneil did... they didn't do too bad. Nor did we last time in this division, spare me the we had the players shit as well.

21941[/snapback]

Martion O'neill did play some direct football but nothing like Adams.

Posted

Agreed. You can't compare Martin O Neil to Adams. Yes O'Neill did have a target man in Heskey but he also had people who could pass and move (Izzet, Sav, Lennon) and also wingers who could cross (Guppy). And long ball wasn't Mon's only tactic, whereas Adams only knows one way to play football, and that's route one.

Posted

I cant remember the ball being pumped up the miuddle of the park at every other chance we had, if he hoofed it, it was 3 or 4 times a match with MON.

Theres one thing for sure, you wouldnt win tropheys by hoofing.

Posted
I cant remember the ball being pumped up the miuddle of the park at every other chance we had, if he hoofed it, it was 3 or 4 times a match with MON.

Theres one thing for sure, you wouldnt win tropheys by hoofing.

21978[/snapback]

go back and watch a few games mate, the ball was long 70% of the time. Not to the player but behind the defence into the channels for heskey to run onto.

Why do you think we were tagged the new wimbledon!!! We did play the ball more than we do now but it was direct football. And we did win trophies playing direct football as did wimbledon winning the Fa Cup.

Posted

You're wrong. We were tagged the 'new Wimbledon' due to our never-say-die attitude, following the 3-3 against Arsenal etc etc, the media saw that crazy gang spirit in us.

MON played to Heskey's strengths at times, but we would work the ball to the flanks a lot, through the midfield; whereas at present we are using our midfield to sheild our defence....

Dull.

Posted
You're wrong.  We were tagged the 'new Wimbledon' due to our never-say-die attitude, following the 3-3 against Arsenal etc etc, the media saw that crazy gang spirit in us.

MON played to Heskey's strengths at times, but we would work the ball to the flanks a lot, through the midfield; whereas at present we are using our midfield to sheild our defence....

Dull.

22048[/snapback]

No i'm not... :D

Posted
You're wrong.  We were tagged the 'new Wimbledon' due to our never-say-die attitude, following the 3-3 against Arsenal etc etc, the media saw that crazy gang spirit in us.

MON played to Heskey's strengths at times, but we would work the ball to the flanks a lot, through the midfield; whereas at present we are using our midfield to sheild our defence....

Dull.

22048[/snapback]

No i'm not... :D

22073[/snapback]

No, he's not.

How many times did Walshy play as stand in centre forward?

I expect that was as a result of his silky ball skills running at the opposition and teasing them with his Christiano Ronaldo stepovers.

Posted
if he hoofed it, it was 3 or 4 times a match with MON.

21978[/snapback]

Give it up Babylon. You can't argue with a man in possession of such accurate statistics.

Posted
if he hoofed it, it was 3 or 4 times a match with MON.

21978[/snapback]

Give it up Babylon. You can't argue with a man in possession of such accurate statistics.

22147[/snapback]

Yes again, more boring bullshit with no intelligence from Hullfox, your posts are boring to read.

Posted
Why thank you.

I shall of course in future strive to make more relevant points to the discussions.

22160[/snapback]

You boring person hull fox... maybe to make you posts more interesting you should take a leaf out of BM's book and add a few colourful swear words and put downs.

Posted
No, he's not.

How many times did Walshy play as stand in centre forward?

I expect that was as a result of his silky ball skills running at the opposition and teasing them with his Christiano Ronaldo stepovers.

22145[/snapback]

Now that post was good!! :D

Of course your forgetting the pace and off the ball running of ian marshal.

Posted

wow what a good rumour, also I hear that chris evans and billie are gunna split up but shhh dont spread it too much cus I'm not sure if it's true...

Posted

From a poster GTfox on the Foxfanzine Forum

I'm a London based fox's supporter and I am in absolute despair with the current situation at the club.

I am advised tonight on good authority from a friend at the Press Association that Adams will be manager at the end of the season!

Tony Adams that is, and negotiations are going on for City to pay compensation to Wycombe. Keown will be appointed player coach.

I understand Micky Adams resigned last night and that the club will put out a statement on monday saying this is regretfully accepted for the good of the club, and thanking MA for guiding the club thro' the most difficult chapter in its history.

Posted

Under Martin O'Neill I remember an article once wrote where Martin said that he would encourage the long ball to be used in the first 15 mins of a match to see how well the opposition defence could cope against it and then they would mix it up from there after. The word 'mix' it up is where we differ nowadays, as it's non-stop long ball these days. I remember plenty of games where we were fluent with the passes and non-stop crosses being fired in, oooh those were the days!

Posted

Micky Adams will still be here for the Gillingham game.

I dont think he has resigned or plans to this monday.

Posted
Micky Adams will still be here for the Gillingham game.

I dont think he has resigned or plans to this monday.

22324[/snapback]

you're probably right their BM

Recent Quotes attributed to MAs

I am not daft. I have always been open and honest, and I know I am under pressure from the boardroom and the public.

"If results don't improve, I would have to seriously consider my position. But I am not a quitter. It is tough at the minute but you just have to get on with it.

"When you look at our games this season, we should be riding high in the table and most of the problems have been self-inflicted, particularly the red cards which have cost us games, and I told the players about that. My messages are not getting through - and I am the manager and the buck stops here.

"I know how the script goes but I will be there on the touchline tomorrow night at Gillingham."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...