Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

promotion

got to ask because i cant remember anyone else asking.

who here honestly believes Craig will get city promoted?

if you went down to Tynecastle after CL's second year in charge at Hearts and asked the suppourtes " Who here honestly thinks CL will get you into Europe next season " they would of laughed at you.

It happened though.

im not asking for black and white.

im just asking for your honest opinion. if you dont want to give it , fair enough.

honestly i no longer believe Craig will get this club promoted. i might be wrong but from what ive seen so far ive lost faith in the guy.

im not asking for black and white.

im just asking for your honest opinion. if you dont want to give it , fair enough.

honestly i no longer believe Craig will get this club promoted. i might be wrong but from what ive seen so far ive lost faith in the guy.

I don't know what I believe any more. Bottom line being I think he could be capable next season, based on his track record at other clubs he is a man who takes time to get reasults and build a winning team. On the other hand if he hadn't of done certain things for this club I would say in the light of recent reasults he has no right to keep his job.

He's lucky there are people who will stand by him at this club, and he's lucky we don't have more money.

My answer to your question would probabley be yes however ( if you want to boil it down to it's simplest form) as it is possible.

thats a fair enough answer.

i really hope we get a win in our next match and things start to rapidly improve. i sat there today wanting us to win but after ten minutes that same awful feeling swept over me.

i was surprised just how similar the match was to the previous match against crewe. though from what ive seen on the mercury website youd have thought city played millwall off the pitch?

I think that he will, next season, given the chance.

A brilliant manager might have done it this season with a more ruthless and analytical approach (the insistence of X goals from set plays for instance) and with faster assessment of strengths and weaknesses.

As I've warned, Levein is still learning, he's still short of vital staff both on and off the field and he doesn't have sound enough playing alternatives to adapt his system easily to particular circumstances.

Take today. Millwall were a poor but hard-working side with lots of tall players. Our ground based approach play was sometimes okay and has ben improving generally yet we put far too many final balls into the air where they were consistently gobbled up. It's a simple point but to do that is nieve. We had to adapt - tall players don't usually like twisting and turning with the ball on the ground.

We had Smith ineffective on the wing because, although he could beat people for fun his end product was never going to hurt. Answer, alternatively make him his low passes into the box and also bring him into the middle for spells.

Let he and Hume feed off DeVries, the man in the hole idea that would so often suit our players because Hume/Hammond are not good enough as outright centre-forwards to cope (cos they win nothing in the air in the penalty box for one thing).

Ideally though, when doing that, you need two attacking full-backs to some provide the width and we only had one. Tiatto could have helped (as so often in the past) is only he stayed around.

Archived