Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Can we afford to sack Levein?

There ya go thats the question can we afford to sack him?

Well in my opinion it's not a matter of can we afford to but can we afford not to!

Surely there is someone at the top with a bit of financial nous who can work out how much relegation would cost us and offset this with how much it would cost us to get rid of Levein.

This decision needs to be taken within the next few weeks cause it will be no good getting rid of him with a few weeks of the season to go! By getting rid now it would give the new manager at least a hope of getting us out of this mess, because thats what we are in, a mess and please, all those supporting CL, as much as i respect your views, dont forget that!

OK so whos out there who would come to Leicester in our position.

Forget the big names living on past glorys they never work.

Young up & coming managers like Well CL !!! the guy at Doncaster why would he risk his reputation at a club that has little or no money and looks like its got a bloated overpaid squad who don't care.

I love this club and am now seriously worried about our future. I just hope that we can find a gem in the transfer window to score us much needed goals. I'm clutching at straws :(:(

A lot of lower league managers who are performing well would come here.

There are a number of factors in this:

Managers are ambitious. Leicester are a bigger club than many and could well be a stepping stone on to even bigger things.

Levein is hardly a hard act to follow is he?

We have a decentish squad.

Money here would, doubtlessly be better.

I think if we lose at home to Narch CL is a dead man walking, I would hope the board are already thinking about their next move.

End of the year and all that... I would imagine that's likely...

unless they decided at the beginning of the season to keep him "no matter what"

Does anybody have a clue what the financial terms are in Craig Levein's contract?

Just asking myself if it is technically possible to "sack" him already or if he'd have to cancel the contract, resign by himself and walk out.

He won't walk. Part of me senses Levein is enjoying all of this. He seems a little bit anti-English in my opinion by his constant SPL reserve signings etc. Maybe he wants to take us down as he'll get sacked, paid off and then back to Bonnie Scotland where I'm sure he'd get a SPL job of some sort. When he joined us he said standard was low in Championship and now he has egg on his face. He will have to be sacked as too bigheaded to walk.

I think if we lose at home to Narch CL is a dead man walking, I would hope the board are already thinking about their next move.

Too late for ultimatums, not a fan of them anyway they put pressure on the whole team!

I know what you mean though-hopefully the board do too :thumbup:

By the way Katy why the new name?

Too late for ultimatums, not a fan of them anyway they put pressure on the whole team!

I know what you mean though-hopefully the board do too :thumbup:

By the way Katy why the new name?

I was thinking more in terms of what the board were possibly thinking than myself.

Katy is my name! Katassi, after the past few weeks, is associated with being slated so ive gone back to my roots so to speak :thumbup:

I reckon he should be made to resign, maybe incorporating kryptonite or summat.

that'd only work if he was superman and from the position we're in i dont think he is.

EDIT: why do you keep posting right before me katy lol you posted on 1:23 then in the same thread i posted 1:24 and just now you did 1:25 and i did 1:26 strange...

that'd only work if he was superman and from the position we're in i dont think he is.

EDIT: why do you keep posting right before me katy lol you posted on 1:23 then in the same thread i posted 1:24 and just now you did 1:25 and i did 1:26 strange...

I am tracking your every move :ph34r:

Or, more likely we have the urge to post at similar times :D

I was thinking more in terms of what the board were possibly thinking than myself.

Katy is my name! Katassi, after the past few weeks, is associated with being slated so ive gone back to my roots so to speak :thumbup:

Katy has a much more mature ring to it and don't worry about those idiots who've been slating you.

I never take much notice of anything they say anyway!

None of us know for certain the details of Levein's contract, but I would have thought to sack him and his backroom staff wouldn't be financially viable for the club. I imagine it would only be possible should we negotiate the terms and/or the directors of the club use some of their own money, should they feel that strongly about our situation.

Archived