Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

why a striker?

Craigs good at covering up for our crap goalkeeper isnt he.

he has stated he needs a new striker because we dont score enough goals and everybody starts looking at the striking options.

yet we have scored in each of our last two home games when down to ten men.

i would say the more immediate problem is that we have a leaky defence , namely a goalkeeper who isnt good enough for even this level of football.

cloughie while managing the trees used to say something along the lines of if you dont concede you have a good chance of winning a match because you only have to score once.

the problem with city is we know we are going to concede at least once in most games and therefore need to try and score a bucketload.

if we have the money in the transfer window then trying to sign a top quality keeper would be my first objective.

he has stated he needs a new striker because we dont score enough goals and everybody starts looking at the striking options.

yet we have scored in each of our last two home games when down to ten men.

i would say the more immediate problem is that we have a leaky defence , namely a goalkeeper who isnt good enough for even this level of football.

cloughie while managing the trees used to say something along the lines of if you dont concede you have a good chance of winning a match because you only have to score once.

the problem with city is we know we are going to concede at least once in most games and therefore need to try and score a bucketload.

if we have the money in the transfer window then trying to sign a top quality keeper would be my first objective.

Why? We have Paul Henderson who isn't even getting a look in...I have read good things about Paul Henderson and the odd game he has played he ain't done a bad job yet Levein still ain't dropping his bum buddy Douglas.

I have read Paul Henderson is one of the best Goalkeepers outside the premiership.

Lets see if Henderson proforms...If he actually gets a look in :rolleyes: If Henderson doesn't impress, Then lets look at a new Goalkeeper.

Why? We have Paul Henderson who isn't even getting a look in...I have read good things about Paul Henderson and the odd game he has played he ain't done a bad job yet Levein still ain't dropping his bum buddy Douglas.

I have read Paul Henderson is one of the best Goalkeepers outside the premiership.

Lets see if Henderson proforms...If he actually gets a look in :rolleyes: If Henderson doesn't impress, Then lets look at a new Goalkeeper.

I second that !

I can see why managers are often reluctant to change their keepers about.

It is probably the one position, above all others, where confidence and form is most important. In that respect it is important for the goalkeeper to feel that he has the support of his manager. Unfortunately, I think it's gone too far the other way now. Repeated indifferent performances by Rab (often in terms of decision making and coming off his line) have all been 'ignored' or 'forgiven' by Levein. Every keeper makes a mistake or two, but it's now become a question of whether Rab is actually up to the task. I'd say it's a no.

More generally, he is trying to divert everyone's attention from the back (defence included) and focusing it on the front (strikers, on-strikers and lack of scoring by supposed strikers).

Still, we do need more striking options...

Archived