Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

Strikers we should try to sign

What about one of the West Ham Strikers now that they've bought in Yaniv Katan from Maccabi Haifa? Granted only on loan but maybe we could even get the Katan until the end of the season so he can settle into English football before playing in the premiership. He didn't cost them a great deal and probobly won't be first choice but if he is then they have seven strikers on their books. Didn't we try to sign David Bellion a while back? Surely he can score in this league?

Maybe the American 'soccer' league has somethnig to offer since players there are looking for Europe and we must be able to match some of the wages on offer. This guy, (see link), has a fantastic scoring record and while that isn't hard maye in the USA a goal a game for a whole season is still impressive and he's got a better record then Youri Djorkaff whose over there now. Lot's of the best players over there are also young and 'hungy' which fits the CL bill but not sure he has enough imagination for it.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=36481&cc=5739

What about one of the West Ham Strikers now that they've bought in Yaniv Katan from Maccabi Haifa? Granted only on loan but maybe we could even get the Katan until the end of the season so he can settle into English football before playing in the premiership. He didn't cost them a great deal and probobly won't be first choice but if he is then they have seven strikers on their books. Didn't we try to sign David Bellion a while back? Surely he can score in this league?

Maybe the American 'soccer' league has somethnig to offer since players there are looking for Europe and we must be able to match some of the wages on offer. This guy, (see link), has a fantastic scoring record and while that isn't hard maye in the USA a goal a game for a whole season is still impressive and he's got a better record then Youri Djorkaff whose over there now. Lot's of the best players over there are also young and 'hungy' which fits the CL bill but not sure he has enough imagination for it.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=36481&cc=5739

Thats a fantastic record, consistantly scoring a goal a game over 3 seasons.Not sure about the name though :thumbup:

Anyone know what happened Jarni Strum that Levein was after last year ? Has he recovered from injury and more importantly is he scoring ?

He failed a medical. It seems it was an old recurring injury, so he will most likely not catch Leveins interest again.

An excellent player who has a good goal record wherever he's been is Ole Martin Årst, currently at Trømsø. He's an experienced tall striker who knows where the net is, and most likely wouldn't cost a lot. Has travelled a bit during his career so might be tempted to come here...

He failed a medical. It seems it was an old recurring injury, so he will most likely not catch Leveins interest again.

An excellent player who has a good goal record wherever he's been is Ole Martin Årst, currently at Trømsø. He's an experienced tall striker who knows where the net is, and most likely wouldn't cost a lot. Has travelled a bit during his career so might be tempted to come here...

I'd love an overseas striker to come over and set our season alight, however I don't think Levein is looking abroad. It's doing my head in not hearing anything from the club. It'd be nice to unveil a signing just before the Spurs kick off, when was the last time we did that ? Mancini ?

I'd love an overseas striker to come over and set our season alight, however I don't think Levein is looking abroad. It's doing my head in not hearing anything from the club. It'd be nice to unveil a signing just before the Spurs kick off, when was the last time we did that ? Mancini ?

I guess they're doing that so as not to alert other clubs though.

Bellion would be a winger if he cam in wouldn't he? :huh: I was rather hoping we'd get Paul Hartley but it looks like he is off to Palace.

I think we need a target man, whoever comes in is likely to partner Hume so they have to be mobile enough to lead the line but also create a physical presence in the air. Elvis Hammond with the ability to score the occaisional goal basically.

Rob Hulse fits the bill and is barely getting a game at Leeds whats more he has proven he can score goals in this division. I'm sruglling for other options, I guess we have a managerial team who are paid to know the market. :ph34r:

Macclesfield Town have rejected bids from Chester City and Lincoln City for striker Jon Parkin. Chester offered a deal worth £50k, while Lincoln City offered a deal worth six figures plus players in exchange.

Macclesfield chairman Robert Bickerton told his club's official website: "We have not invited bids for Jon and indeed hope he stays at Macc well beyond this summer. But it's only fair to all parties that serious offers which meet Jon's career ambitions and our significant valuation of him should receive due consideration."

Macclesfield manager Brian Horton added: "They are not realistic. If it's realistic, right for his future and for both parties then that's different but I've had a chat with him about it.

"Him and Clyde [Wijnhard] are red hot at the moment, we want to keep him and no manager wants to lose goalscorers. If it's not right, why would we want to sell?"

If he was playing in the Championship or even in the Premierships reserves then he would go for £1m/£2m.....

Decent striker who will go somewhere this transfer window... Cud it BE Leicester ??

Jerome Alliedere from Arsenal, soon to be released from his loan spell at West Ham

I agree Jeremie Aliadiere would be good if we could get him on loan, I also think that Quincy Owusu-Abeyie of Arsenal would be a good loan signing. I think realistically we should be looking at Premiership strikers who are out of favour & we can get on loan, rather than buying lower league players, as we don't need players, just goals, and we cannot afford to buy the sort of goalscorer that we need.

Archived