Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

Strikers we should try to sign

as we all know, we have a bit of money to spend on a few players. in my opinion we need a left back and a new striker, maybe also a right midfielder.

for a new striker i think that we should inquire about matty fryatt from wallsall, he is quite a good finisher and holds the ball up well or, chris iwelumo from colchester(i think), has scored a few goals this season and could be a good edition to the squad, but the player i would like us to sign is geoff horsfield(maybe on loan) he has experiance, and hasnt played recently for west brom. what does anyone else think.

Fryatt - out of our price range.

Iwelumo - lower league journeyman, not really any better than MDV.

Horsfield - needed by the baggies as cover during the African Cup of Nations.

Any more suggestions?

Fryatt - out of our price range.

Iwelumo - lower league journeyman, not really any better than MDV.

Horsfield - needed by the baggies as cover during the African Cup of Nations.

Any more suggestions?

Jerome Alliedere from Arsenal, soon to be released from his loan spell at West Ham

I'm going to have to agree with Manwell and say I think we should go for Rory Fallon, although unproven at this level he is a decent target man and is carrying the whole Swindon team on his shoulders. Contract up in the summer, probably get him for a nominal fee.

If not then perhaps:

Lee Miller or Daryl Duffy from SPL

I hope that Joel Griffiths is given a short term deal until the end of the season as we need a new right winger/utility man.

Isn't he at Malaga? Even if he'd be interested and available, his wages would probably knock the air out of Leveins lungs...

I read earlier this week he was looking into coming back to England, not sure how well he's doing, however he'd be a very good signing, saying that so would Shevshenko !

It's all speculation at the minute, I'm not building my hopes up, it'd be great to see a known proven player coming here, even if it's to gee the fans up, and look positivley again. We have to play with the cards we're dealt and with not much cash, we might have to go all in on one player in the hope he helps put a few opportunites away.

I read earlier this week he was looking into coming back to England, not sure how well he's doing, however he'd be a very good signing, saying that so would Shevshenko !

It's all speculation at the minute, I'm not building my hopes up, it'd be great to see a known proven player coming here, even if it's to gee the fans up, and look positivley again. We have to play with the cards we're dealt and with not much cash, we might have to go all in on one player in the hope he helps put a few opportunites away.

It doe's say Premiership club, however you never know.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=34...20in%20Wanchope

I'm going to have to agree with Manwell and say I think we should go for Rory Fallon, although unproven at this level he is a decent target man and is carrying the whole Swindon team on his shoulders. Contract up in the summer, probably get him for a nominal fee.

If not then perhaps:

Lee Miller or Daryl Duffy from SPL

I hope that Joel Griffiths is given a short term deal until the end of the season as we need a new right winger/utility man.

Finally someone has seen sense. Shrewd bit of business landing him for about 300k that would be.

Hasn't Griffiths buggered off to Hearts on Trial?

Finally someone has seen sense. Shrewd bit of business landing him for about 300k that would be.

Hasn't Griffiths buggered off to Hearts on Trial?

Apparently so. Aaah well, i'd now go for Jamal Campbell-Ryce who's on loan at Southend but the deal is up soon. Rumoured to be available for under £100k and fits the bill. He has alot of potential.

Apparently so. Aaah well, i'd now go for Jamal Campbell-Ryce who's on loan at Southend but the deal is up soon. Rumoured to be available for under £100k and fits the bill. He has alot of potential.

They've signed him I think Rick (Southend)... keep thinking lol.

They've signed him I think Rick (Southend)... keep thinking lol.

Sorry I Stand corrected he hasn't gone yet but he will be going to Southend very soon.

I therefore doubt we stand a chance of signing him, The deal will be done before Craig's worked out how to use the new fax machine.

Brett Ormerod from Southampton would do me or Ricardo Fuller although he seems to have shot it abit.

Ormerod is crying out for a move and I think we could get him for £350k, ripped us to pieces last season when he was on loan at Wigan. The sort of striker i'd like to see play alongside Hume.

Archived