Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
truefox

Will Levein Out Campaign Continue to grow?

I personaly expected the board to sack Levein this week, I was so disapointed to hear that he is staying on for the time being.

This manager has all the bad hallmarks of Pleat and Taylor put together. He is stuborn and lacks passion!!

I can't beleive that there are so many people that think that just getting a striker + midfielder on loan is going to change anything for our next 3-4 league games that we need to win.

This manager has lost the plot and has lost the dressing room!!

He has already spent money on 3 strikers using his own judgement, none of these stikers have commanded a regular place within the team and none of them can be judged a success. So why should we trust his judgement durting the next couple of weeks to get a fourth striker??

The fans protests have already started to grow inside the grounds and on forums such as this where the overwelming majority want CL out!!

It is all very well for Mr Tim Davies to give his backing saying he is the right man but if we loose the next 4-5 games on the trot which I think we will, surely Levein will not be in any position to continue to take charge of the team??

Just imagine during the last few days of Peter Taylors reign if we as Leicester fans had found out that rather than sacking him the board had decided to give him more money, simply because they could not afford to get rid of him!!

Surely in Business Terms The Leicester City Board should have built a financial plan that included a budget for every eventuality? If this is not the case than maybe we should be asking more questions of Mr Tim Davies because that is just bad business in my books.

I personally will continue with the Levein Out campaign as this man if left any longer will take this club into third tear football!! Some people seem to forget that Levein nearly took us down last year!!

The biggest mistake for me was at the end of last season we all knew we needed at least 1 even 2 quality strikers. The whole summer and pre-season passed and no striker arrived - Why was this??? Does Tim Davies know why this was? Eventually in the eleventh hour with pre-season complete he signs a Fulham reserve player on loan who has never scored in english football!!

Surely Surely the questions must have been ringing around the boardroom before the Sheff Utd game- all summer we knew we needed a striker and we get that!!!!

That decison alone should seal Mr Leveins fate!!!

Despite abismal performances by DeVries and Rab "not so fab" Douglas and MoMo Sylla he keeps playing these players, how can we trust a manager when he does this????

My advice to all Levein Out supporters is to keep campaigning\protesting!! We must get this man out of our football club before he does any more damage!!

This is a manager that has not even suceeded in sorting out the goalkeeping position effectively within oure team (One of the easiest positions to resolve within this division!) so what hope is there for the rest of the team??

Truefox!!

Levein Out!!!! Tim Davies Out (You should budget for EVERY eventuallity in Football!!!!) Did you????????????

While performances and results continue to be poor, the anti-CL campaign will NOT go away.

And while we should continue to turn up and support the FOXES, we should also be prepared to express our views if they fail to deliver the performances a club of our size deserves.

The board can continue to turn a blind eye to our perilous league position and the frequent dismal performances at the Way and elsewhere.

But they should be left in no doubt that, should their negligence lead to us taking another drop, we will demand THEIR departure, as well as the manager's!

I don't agree with the Tim Davies Out bit. He's done nothing wrong, and just because he's the most media savvy of the Board it does not mean it his all his fault. :rolleyes:

With the knowledge that Levein nearly took us down last year should the board have not been prudent enough to budget for the sacking of the manager within this season if req'd??

I could see what was on the cards as I walked out of the Inter Milan friendly!!

Think about it!!!! The board should have budgeted for every eventuality!!!

Did they???????

They somehow found money to pay into the Lee Morris charity fund, how on earth has that man earned a contract extension at this club with his track record? We are not a charity!!!

I don't agree with the Tim Davies Out bit. He's done nothing wrong, and just because he's the most media savvy of the Board it does not mean it his all his fault. :rolleyes:

I don't know whether he was involved in CL's appointment.

If he was, then obviously he must accept his share of the blame for that!

Agreed - I expected (hoped) Levein would go this week too but if the board aren't going to do it now they - and we - need to stand behind him for the rest of the season because the disruption of getting rid and desperately scraping round for a replacement in February onwards would definitely send us down.

All we can do now is hope for the best and keep supporting the team but if Levein fails to get us out of this and to finish at least 15th or above then come the start of the summer we MUST be looking to bring someone else in (Nigel Clough would be good)

With the knowledge that Levein nearly took us down last year should the board have not been prudent enough to budget for the sacking of the manager within this season if req'd??

I could see what was on the cards as I walked out of the Inter Milan friendly!!

Think about it!!!! The board should have budgeted for every eventuality!!!

Did they???????

They somehow found money to pay into the Lee Morris charity fund, how on earth has that man earned a contract extension at this club with his track record? We are not a charity!!!

I think you should try sticking to facts, by all means continue to call for CL and TD's head but don't presume too much, how do you know what they have budgeted for, maybe the reason CL is still with us is because they believe he's the best option. As for Lee Morris what are you on about, he was signed by Micky Adams, ironically enough one of the few who he gave a long contract to, which as far as I'm aware he's still on, extension what extension the only extension Morris's has probably had is the one on his mansion payed for by his MA's contract.

What's happened to Ashley Chambers, is he injured? A couple of months ago all we heard on here was play him, but nothing for weeks!

He was injured just before the Youth Cup match (knee scan needed I understand). He returned for that match, created several good chances for himself but was denied a goal by a combination of goalkeeping, woodwork and last ditch clearances.

However, he was substituted in the second half and, as far as I recall, there's been no youth team or reserves matches since. I certainly cannot imagine why he'd be fed to the lions of Reading and Crystal Palace on the back of ultra-defensive line-ups even if he's fit now but, like I've said before, I often find it hard to understand this manager.

Communication would help sometimes but, as you know, City only speak to their approved journalistic friends, otherwise I'd ask for you. Apart from Andy Mann there certainly weren't many of their "approved" journalists at the youth match, at least not out in the freezing cold of the Press Box.

The biggest mistake for me was at the end of last season we all knew we needed at least 1 even 2 quality strikers. The whole summer and pre-season passed and no striker arrived - Why was this??? Does Tim Davies know why this was? Eventually in the eleventh hour with pre-season complete he signs a Fulham reserve player on loan who has never scored in english football!!

Surely Surely the questions must have been ringing around the boardroom before the Sheff Utd game- all summer we knew we needed a striker and we get that!!!!

Without being able to name all players involved, Pongelle turned down a loan move, another striker had offers from several clubs & choose elsewhere & a further potential was wrecked by an agent getting greedy, so the club walked away from the deal.

There is no certainty that those you want will come,CL said prior to the Palace game on RL that one planned striker in had been blocked now due to an injury of another player at his own club.

Surely in Business Terms The Leicester City Board should have built a financial plan that included a budget for every eventuality? If this is not the case than maybe we should be asking more questions of Mr Tim Davies because that is just bad business in my books.

There are a variety of business plans, a plan however can include if you pay off a management team then you can't afford transfers, the books have to balance

While performances and results continue to be poor, the anti-CL campaign will NOT go away.

And while we should continue to turn up and support the FOXES, we should also be prepared to express our views if they fail to deliver the performances a club of our size deserves.

The board can continue to turn a blind eye to our perilous league position and the frequent dismal performances at the Way and elsewhere.

But they should be left in no doubt that, should their negligence lead to us taking another drop, we will demand THEIR departure, as well as the manager's!

As long as those views are expressed after the final whistle.

Doing it during the game or at half time only boosts the opposition's players.

And can we stop booing players that we don't particularly like when they come on the pitch - how is that support?

If they don't put the effort in during a game, then they deserve criticism, but not before they have kicked a ball, again that is not an act of a supporter

He was on a 4 year contract, not CL's doing - there has been no extension

I don't know whether he was involved in CL's appointment.

If he was, then obviously he must accept his share of the blame for that!

Of course he was, one of the main interview panel & did much of the research.

But our research also pointed towards CL as being one of the best candidates

Obviously if the results dont pick up the campaign will continue, but I am very dissapointed he wasnt let go.

If it meant no transfer funds I would have accepted it as a change of manager does so much more to a team then 1 or 2 new players will. If we dont escape this mess I would back any calling for the board to be chopped for the following reasons.

(a) I have seen no public statement regarding their stance on levein and why they felt he doesnt deserve the sack.

(b) What contingency plan if any is there for if we get relegated.

© If we can afford to be relegated and buy new players why cant we afford to sack craig if thats the reason for not sacking him.

(d) If we are relegated they should ultimately pay the price for making the wrong decision now, which is against majority fans wishes.

(e) Tim has repeatedly stated he finds the position untenable and we cant even bear been relegated yet he stuck with a manager on relegation form. Which means he either lied to fans or he has no balls.

Levein Out!!!! Tim Davies Out (You should budget for EVERY eventuallity in Football!!!!) Did you????????????

As FT said, you can be aware of the possibility of having to compensate a sacked manager, but to hold that cash in reserve would be foolish. We run on a tight budget, so if you hold back often mentioned amount of £600k (say) from the transfer kitty then you are being way too conservative. If you don't plan for success you will never achieve it. Plan for failure and it is virtually guaranteed.

And can we stop booing players that we don't particularly like when they come on the pitch - how is that support?

If they don't put the effort in during a game, then they deserve criticism, but not before they have kicked a ball, again that is not an act of a supporter

I fully agree. Fans who boo players (MDV in particular) before they even kick a ball are lowlife who we don't need at our club.

Remember the Derby game a few months ago when the howls of the home fans virtually forced the manager to take Stern John off? I hoped that behaviour would never be witnessed at OUR club, but sadly I was being far too optimistic.

Of course he was, one of the main interview panel & did much of the research.

But our research also pointed towards CL as being one of the best candidates

As I have pointed out on another thread, there were serious flaws in that research, in particular the lack of attention to his unfamiliarity with English football.

I hope lessons have been learned for the next time we have to undergo a recruitment process, whenever that may be.

Agree totally. As I've mentioned before in other posts the actions of some of our fans by booing players before and during games has, in part, led to our current predicament. That kind of behaviour needs to stop.

Obviously if the results dont pick up the campaign will continue, but I am very dissapointed he wasnt let go.

If it meant no transfer funds I would have accepted it as a change of manager does so much more to a team then 1 or 2 new players will. If we dont escape this mess I would back any calling for the board to be chopped for the following reasons.

(a) I have seen no public statement regarding their stance on levein and why they felt he doesnt deserve the sack.

(b) What contingency plan if any is there for if we get relegated.

© If we can afford to be relegated and buy new players why cant we afford to sack craig if thats the reason for not sacking him.

(d) If we are relegated they should ultimately pay the price for making the wrong decision now, which is against majority fans wishes.

(e) Tim has repeatedly stated he finds the position untenable and we cant even bear been relegated yet he stuck with a manager on relegation form. Which means he either lied to fans or he has no balls.

I know someone who lives in Tim Davies' village and he is supposed to have his head firmly up his own arse!

He is very arrogant according to the local tennis club there.

Archived