Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

What some warsaw fans think of fryatt

Check it, EYE :ermm:

"If he was two yards quicker he wouldn't have been with us in the first place. Capable of scoring instinctive goals, makes a fair few of them for himself.

When he works hard he can be a gem. And I have no reason to believe he won't work hard. He isn't tall and won't win loads in the air but he can put them away with his head.

Better than David Kelly when he was the same age."

"Hmm, not sure about natural goal scorer, but he is a goal scorer.

Target man? Ha, he is about 5ft 8 or 5ft 9, quick but not genuine pace. First touch and general control goes from sumblime to the ridiculous, movement is superb though. Doesn't miss too many chances.

Price. Personally, I'd be looking for £600k+ + knocks on and a sell on fee. Espeically if folk want to value McLeod at £1.4m."

"Thing is Stu you can't coach pace. And that will always limit Fryatt as an out and out striker. But he has other attributes to his game and has the ability to well in a very good team."

"Not lightning quick (although no slouch either)...not particularly good in the air....can't play (my opinion only) as a 'lone striker' or 'target man'.

He knows where the net is though, and that's something that some of the quickest, strongest and most versatile of strikers don't.

Best compliment I can pay Matty Fryatt is that he plays a similar type of game to Allan Clarke, and his goal-scoring record stands against the best.

"How much do you think hes realistically worth?" you ask? Well, only time will tell, but a goalscorer is priceless at any level."

"I'd compare him to Alan Smith at Man Yoo without the nasty streak.

He can beat a man and he'll run the wings putting pressure on defenders.

He'll rattle in 10-15 goals in the Championship easy"

Some interesting opinions there. The thing that "strikes" me most, is that he seems like a young tony cottee. A box player, not blessed with speed, not particuly good in the air (being 5`8/5`9), but knows where the goal is, which is JUST what we want.

£600k, well, i dont think we`ll offer more than £500k, so could be a good buy.

Sounds like he can play the wing too.

"If he was two yards quicker he wouldn't have been with us in the first place. Capable of scoring instinctive goals, makes a fair few of them for himself.

When he works hard he can be a gem. And I have no reason to believe he won't work hard. He isn't tall and won't win loads in the air but he can put them away with his head.

quick but not genuine pace

Target man? Ha, he is about 5ft 8 or 5ft 9, . First touch and general control goes from sumblime to the ridiculous, movement is superb though. Doesn't miss too many chances.

Price. Personally, I'd be looking for £600k+ + knocks on and a sell on fee. Espeically if folk want to value McLeod at £1.4m."

"Thing is Stu you can't coach pace. And that will always limit Fryatt as an out and out striker. But he has other attributes to his game and has the ability to well in a very good team."

"Not lightning quick (although no slouch either)...not particularly good in the air....can't play (my opinion only) as a 'lone striker' or 'target man'.

He knows where the net is though, and that's something that some of the quickest, strongest and most versatile of strikers don't.

Best compliment I can pay Matty Fryatt is that he plays a similar type of game to Allan Clarke, and his goal-scoring record stands against the best.

"How much do you think hes realistically worth?" you ask? Well, only time will tell, but a goalscorer is priceless at any level."

He'll rattle in 10-15 goals in the Championship easy["

Some interesting opinions there. The thing that "strikes" me most, is that he seems like a young tony cottee. A box player, not blessed with speed, not particuly good in the air (being 5`8/5`9), but knows where the goal is, which is JUST what we want.

Hmm heres the not so good points....

Target man? Ha, he is about 5ft 8 or 5ft 9, quick but not genuine pace. First touch and general control goes from sumblime to the ridiculous, movement is superb though. Doesn't miss too many chances.

He'll rattle in 10-15 goals in the Championship easy"

If he's anything like Allan Clarke he'll go down well but Alan Smith...great character, loads of spirit, but no centre-forward. And, as he's obviously not a target man there's surely gotta be someone else in the wings.

Hmm heres the not so good points....

The term 'First touch and general control goes from sumblime to the ridiculous' may well be a compliment. Many people (mis)use that idiom to mean that something goes from very good to ridiculously good.

:thumbup:

Archived