Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

just listened to levein on city world....................

this is a direct quote "were not likely to win tonight, and i dont mind if we dont" is this his way of hyping up the players, getting them to prove him wrong or is it just the sign of him becoming a shadow of the manager he was supposed to be? what do you think?

He is right, though.

its the FA cup, anything can happen! did luton say that last night! ok they didnt win in the end but they made liverpool work for it! he should be encouraging the players to go out and give there all and show the spurs that the midlands is beeter than London every step of the way

its the FA cup, anything can happen! did luton say that last night! ok they didnt win in the end but they made liverpool work for it! he should be encouraging the players to go out and give there all and show the spurs that the midlands is beeter than London every step of the way

Everyone knows or should do that what a manager say's in public bears no relation to what they say in private.

Does anyone have the same thoughts as me?

Levein will today play Paul Henderson in goal, because come on lets face it we are not really likly to win are we? So Levein will play Henderson, Levein will hope (For Rabs sake) Tottenham score a few, then Levein has an excuse for not playing Henderson, and because he loves Rab so much, he can then play Rab and make this as an excuse for not playing Henderson?

Anyone?

Does anyone have the same thoughts as me?

Levein will today play Paul Henderson in goal, because come on lets face it we are not really likly to win are we? So Levein will play Henderson, Levein will hope (For Rabs sake) Tottenham score a few, then Levein has an excuse for not playing Henderson, and because he loves Rab so much, he can then play Rab and make this as an excuse for not playing Henderson?

Anyone?

What utter bolloxs people are now starting to post!

Levein, the Devil incarnate, only joined LCFC to see our demise never mind the affect it will have on his own career. Yeh I bet he'd love to see Spurs spank us so he can put it on his CV.

Levein, the Devil incarnate, only joined LCFC to see our demise never mind the affect it will have on his own career. Yeh I bet he'd love to see Spurs spank us so he can put it on his CV.

Well he's said;

"were not likely to win tonight, and i dont mind if we dont"

So what are fans ment to think? Yeah I don't think we will either, and its the truth, but don't you think the manager should be fired up for the match? I'm not slaggin Levein off after he has been quoted as saying that because as I said its the truth and I don't think we will win either, however ain't the manager ment to fire the players up instead of talking negative?

And as for the "What utter bolloxs people are now starting to post!" prehaps its fans becoming delusional after watching the shite we have seen recently or comments we have heard from players/manager?

lol, davie i love the way you use sarcasm lol!. and to matt, cl is negative but not stupid he wouldnt do that anyway he says that henderson will be number 1 when he comes back from injury so that should be next game!

I know it is getting a bit much now! He is the devil i tell thee!! :P

I have to agree with you there. Stupid comment by Matt, and if it was an attempt at being witty, it was a very poor effort. I'd bet that people will start putting their heads up Levein's arse again, if we, however unlikely it is, stuff Tottenham.

Disappointing to see so many so-called fans losing their sense of realism and perspective to have a go at the manager at every possible opportunity.

I have to agree with you there. Stupid comment by Matt, and if it was an attempt at being witty, it was a very poor effort. I'd bet that people will start putting their heads up Levein's arse again, if we, however unlikely it is, stuff Tottenham.

Disappointing to see so many so-called fans losing their sense of realism and perspective to have a go at the manager at every possible opportunity.

lol! i certainly would not put me head up his arse! we have every chance of winning tonight but only because the crowd wil get behind the team and the team will get there arses into gear in responce to that! cl will have nothing to do with it what so ever!

lol! i certainly would not put me head up his arse! we have every chance of winning tonight but only because the crowd wil get behind the team and the team will get there arses into gear in responce to that! cl will have nothing to do with it what so ever!

Oh but if we lose, it will all be his fault surely? :whistle:

Well he's said;

So what are fans ment to think? Yeah I don't think we will either, and its the truth, but don't you think the manager should be fired up for the match? I'm not slaggin Levein off after he has been quoted as saying that because as I said its the truth and I don't think we will win either, however ain't the manager ment to fire the players up instead of talking negative?

And as for the "What utter bolloxs people are now starting to post!" prehaps its fans becoming delusional after watching the shite we have seen recently or comments we have heard from players/manager?

You really need to have heard the whole of the interview to be able to give that statement some context. Pulling quotes like that is a trick that newspapers like the Sun use to misrepresent peoples' views.

After reading his other comments it's highly unlikely that he wouldn't mind if we lose.

You really need to have heard the whole of the interview to be able to give that statement some context. Pulling quotes like that is a trick that newspapers like the Sun use to misrepresent peoples' views.

After reading his other comments it's highly unlikely that he wouldn't mind if we lose.

i listend to the whole of the interveiw on city world and he was negative all the way through it, i agree yes pulling out quotes is a mind game, but the quote does sum up what he was like, VERY NEGATIVE!, and to what somone said earlier if we lose then im sure we will lose fighting and if thats the case i dont care and its not anyones fault!

i listend to the whole of the interveiw on city world and he was negative all the way through it, i agree yes pulling out quotes is a mind game, but the quote does sum up what he was like, VERY NEGATIVE!, and to what somone said earlier if we lose then im sure we will lose fighting and if thats the case i dont care and its not anyones fault!

I'll take your word for it but I can't imagine he wouldn't be bothered if we lose. I'm sure he wants us to win in fact.

I'll take your word for it but I can't imagine he wouldn't be bothered if we lose. I'm sure he wants us to win in fact.

its probably his way of hyping the players and getting them to prove him wrong, but he did actually say that!

Alex Ferguson uses mind games all the time, if Spurs think we aren't bothered then we go out and play our hearts out, it fcuks their game plan up.

FFS, every opportunity is being taken to have a go at CL, and to be honest it is starting to get a little tiresome!

If he'd said "I think we can win tonight' he would get blasted anyway :D

I don't know if it was question Levein had been asked or whether it was just a comment but Levein but why did he have to say anything? If the question was asked surly he could have got round the question, Tim Davies did when he was questioned about Levein furture the other day...Davies even turned the question back to the interviewer.

If he said "we can win tonight" - People would expect a win

If he said "We ain't gonna win tonight" (Which he has said) - People call him negative...and to back him up he plays 4-5-1

Its like Dickov when he was questioned are you staying?, He didn't need to say he was staying he could have just said "I'm not sure, we'll have to see what happens"

Whats so hard about that?!

Archived