Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

LEFT BACK REQUIRED

Before this transfer window closes Levein surely has to find another left back having bought and sold one in a matter of months. Whats Ben Thatcher up to at Man City?

This is a position we need addressing ASAP Maybury is a right footed right back, we need balance.

Anyone got any suggestions of someone he should bring in?

Before this transfer window closes Levein surely has to find another left back having bought and sold one in a matter of months. Whats Ben Thatcher up to at Man City?

This is a position we need addressing ASAP Maybury is a right footed right back, we need balance.

Anyone got any suggestions of someone he should bring in?

Darren Kenton's coming back to Leicester in January!

Darren Kenton's coming back to Leicester in January!

how you know that???

i like maybury at left back, ok its not the best option as he is a right back, but it works!! he doesnt do alot wrong there! plus if a left back came in stearman would be dropped as maybury would be picked over stearman!

Kenton plays at either centre half or right back though. We don't need either. Stearman and Maybury are good enough right backs and McCarthy, Nissa, Gerrbrand and Dublin are good enough centre halves. Sheehan needs to be given the left back role with perhaps someone else coming in aswell.

how you know that???

i like maybury at left back, ok its not the best option as he is a right back, but it works!! he doesnt do alot wrong there! plus if a left back came in stearman would be dropped as maybury would be picked over stearman!

For Southampton in the Cup,sorry being silly

It's been a problem position all season. Maybury, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Gilbert, Sheehan and Johansson - that's 6 players we've tried in that position, and none have come close to solving the left back problem.

I think Sheehan needs to be given a run of games to establish himself there. He'll learn from the Crewe game, so I wouldn't have any reservations in throwing in him again.

It's been a problem position all season. Maybury, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Gilbert, Sheehan and Johansson - that's 6 players we've tried in that position, and none have come close to solving the left back problem.

I think Sheehan needs to be given a run of games to establish himself there. He'll learn from the Crewe game, so I wouldn't have any reservations in throwing in him again.

Totally agree with that, we have no-one else who can play the LB position with any degree of convivtion, Sheehan needs to be given a chance to prove himself.

Totally agree with that, we have no-one else who can play the LB position with any degree of convivtion, Sheehan needs to be given a chance to prove himself.

I agree that he deserves another chance however I don't think he has the experience yet as shown by his last performace and maybe he needs to be played as a sub a few times.

I certainly think that we need an experienced player if only on loan or short term contract, as teams keep repeatly skinning Maybes ...

The reason why Maybury, among others, has looked vulnerable in recent games is because Ryan Smith, for all his qualities in the opposing half of the field, has yet to master the art of tracking back. It's not something he would have been used to at the gooners!

Sheehan and Smith is not the best combination for our left side, as we saw in the Crewe game.

We need someone with more experience, but no-one springs to mind at the moment...

The reason why Maybury, among others, has looked vulnerable in recent games is because Ryan Smith, for all his qualities in the opposing half of the field, has yet to master the art of tracking back. It's not something he would have been used to at the gooners!

Sheehan and Smith is not the best combination for our left side, as we saw in the Crewe game.

We need someone with more experience, but no-one springs to mind at the moment...

Am I the only one now overly keen on Smith? :ph34r:

Okay so he can run with the ball and he has bags of pace but he can only use his left foot and doesn't track back at all.

I get frustrated and I feel like shouting use your right foot for god sake!! :mad:

Saying that he is our best winger. Competition isn't exactly high in that department though.

How about....................playing Stearman there and sticking Maybury at right back?

Okay so he can run with the ball and he has bags of pace but he can only use his left foot and doesn't track back at all.

I get frustrated and I feel like shouting use your right foot for god sake!! :mad:

Saying that he is our best winger. Competition isn't exactly high in that department though.

All this tracking back bollocks is pissing me off. Momo Sylla doesn't track back and neither do any of our other wingers. To be honest I thought Smith tracked back well in the second half against Spurs and although his tackling is poor he helped Maybury out which kept Lennon alot more quieter. It was Hamill who left Maybury mightily exposed in the first half.

Whenever I read other messageboards after we've played teams they all talk about 'Leicester's left winger' and many different teams have done so after the Spurs game and we hadn't even played these teams so what does that say?

He's not been as lively as he was a month or so ago but he's still often our best attacking player on the park. He certainly hasn't been at fault for any goals we've conceded, but he's created alot of our goals recently.

All this tracking back bollocks is pissing me off. Momo Sylla doesn't track back and neither do any of our other wingers. To be honest I thought Smith tracked back well in the second half against Spurs and although his tackling is poor he helped Maybury out which kept Lennon alot more quieter. It was Hamill who left Maybury mightily exposed in the first half.

Whenever I read other messageboards after we've played teams they all talk about 'Leicester's left winger' and many different teams have done so after the Spurs game and we hadn't even played these teams so what does that say?

He's not been as lively as he was a month or so ago but he's still often our best attacking player on the park. He certainly hasn't been at fault for any goals we've conceded, but he's created alot of our goals recently.

He will improve as a player. I sometimes feel he just lacks that final ball. Saying that he did wip in the cross for Stearman to head back across the goal for Hammonds goal against Spurs.

He is very much a rough diamond at the minute.

Smith, like Sheehan is inexperienced - and so was Stearman at the beginning of the season but he's emerged well enough.

Smithy needs someone to encourage him to make more telling final passes. Look and Luton/Liverpool. How often were the final passes delivered on the floor to runners feet instead of being hit into the box hopefully.

At the moment Smith hits too many conventional crosses and we haven't got anyone who can get their heads on em.

He's willing enough to track back but really, I'd rather the central midfield players or left-side centre-back cover for the full-back when he attacks rather than continuallky wasting the wingers energy. It's the same with centre-forwards. They need sharpness off the mark and if they've been racing all over midfield, that sharpness isn't there.

We've conceded seven goals in our last four matches, and all those goals, and most of the rest this season, seem to come from our left (it's extraordinary).

Yet the only player who's not had an extended chance at left-back is our only natural left -back, Sheehan. And that despite the team conceding only one goal in the two League matches he did play and taking four points (play-offs potential had it been applied throughout the season).

Maybury made two mistakes which cost us the Tottenham goals yet (rightly) he's not been hammered for his performance. Certainly he was up against a brilliant opponent but if Sheehan had done what Maybury did he'd have been hammered for being too slow to close down, reckless in his tracking, inexperienced, unable to cope with Lennon's pace.

Why the double standards of judgement?

Both players would have struggled against Lennon, as would Nils. Kisnorbo, Tiatto, Stearman or anyone else.

Sheehan is our natural left-back and if Levein buys another I imagine he will leave and all that potential will be wasted for us. Shame that but I'd bet it happens.

Smith, like Sheehan is inexperienced - and so was Stearman at the beginning of the season but he's emerged well enough.

Smithy needs someone to encourage him to make more telling final passes. Look and Luton/Liverpool. How often were the final passes delivered on the floor to runners feet instead of being hit into the box hopefully.

At the moment Smith hits too many conventional crosses and we haven't got anyone who can get their heads on em.

He's willing enough to track back but really, I'd rather the central midfield players or left-side centre-back cover for the full-back when he attacks rather than continuallky wasting the wingers energy. It's the same with centre-forwards. They need sharpness off the mark and if they've been racing all over midfield, that sharpness isn't there.

We've conceded two goals in our last three matches, and all those goals, and the rest this season, seem to come from our left (it's extraordinary).

Yet the only player who's not had an extended chance at left-back is our only natural left -back, Sheehan. And that despite the team conceding only one goal in the two League matches he did play and taking four points (play-offs potential had it been applied throughout the season).

Maybury made two mistakes which cost us the Tottenham goals yet (rightly) he's not been hammered for his performance. Certainly he was up against a brilliant opponent but if Sheehan had done what Maybury did he'd have been hammered for being too slow to close down, reckless in his tracking, inexperienced, unable to cope with Lennon's pace.

Why the double standards of judgement?

Both players would have struggled against Lennon, as would Nils. Kisnorbo, Tiatto, Stearman or anyone else.

Sheehan is our natural left-back and if Levein buys another I imagine he will leave and all that potential will be wasted for us. Shame that but I'd bet it happens.

we have conceded more than two goals in our last three matches :unsure:

He will improve as a player. I sometimes feel he just lacks that final ball. Saying that he did wip in the cross for Stearman to head back across the goal for Hammonds goal against Spurs.

He is very much a rough diamond at the minute.

I agree his final ball isn't as good as it was when he first came here but I think that is because the team has been playing very badly and confidence is low. As i've said I don't think he was as good against Spurs as he has been in some of the games he's played for us but he still crossed the ball for Hammonds goal and also whipped in the corner that led to Hughes goal after a knock back from de Vries.

Not a bad day's work for a mediocre performance.

I agree his final ball isn't as good as it was when he first came here but I think that is because the team has been playing very badly and confidence is low. As i've said I don't think he was as good against Spurs as he has been in some of the games he's played for us but he still crossed the ball for Hammonds goal and also whipped in the corner that led to Hughes goal after a knock back from de Vries.

Not a bad day's work for a mediocre performance.

it was a crap corner that Carrick missed, i thought he played well though.

I'd certainly give Sheehan another chance, and whatsmore, as has been suggested, he should get a run in the side, even if he seems to lack confidence or conviction in his first one or two.

We really need to have a look at him and make our mind up if he is to be the solution at left-back or not. Sporadic, single performances are not going to help the team or Sheehan himself.

Archived