Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Richard Stearman

Whats everyones opinions on this young defender?

I personally think he's the best prospect in the academy. He is a brilliant defender and also has the ability to play in midfield. We're lucky to have talents like him in the academy. Hopefully we will make the most of it.

Rumour has it that he is going to be one of the starting centre backs. ;)

Yeah, according to a bullshit source called 'marcus bent'.....

I don't believe him anymore. ;)

Yeah, according to a bullshit source called 'marcus bent'.....

I don't believe him anymore. ;)

You and many others. :lol: ;)

I saw Stearman play for the England U-17's a few months back and he looked very good. He looked tall, quick, good tackler and a good antipaction, my only worry will be strength.

Get him on the weights and I'm sure we have a star! :D

• 1 year later...

I saw Stearman play for the England U-17's a few months back and he looked very good. He looked tall, quick, good tackler and a good anticipation, my only worry will be strength.

Get him on the weights and I'm sure we have a star! :D

One of the better forecasts made on this board... :thumbup:

I gather that he aspires to centre-back but I'm not convinced he'll ever be big enough or dominant enough for that position. Not only that, but using him in the middle will lose the advantages we get of having him as an attacking full-back. Four goals is a contribution - two more than Williams and also more than Maybury, Sylla, Tiatto, McCarthy and the same as striker Elvis Hammond. Next season I hope we'll have a left-back to do the same as well.

I gather that he aspires to centre-back but I'm not convinced he'll ever be big enough or dominant enough for that position. Not only that, but using him in the middle will lose the advantages we get of having him as an attacking full-back. Four goals is a contribution - two more than Williams and also more than Maybury, Sylla, Tiatto, McCarthy and the same as striker Elvis Hammond. Next season I hope we'll have a left-back to do the same as well.

Certainly if you look at him now it's hard to see him as a centre back, however I'd say McCarthy isn't much more bulky than Stearman is now...so who knows.

One of the better forecasts made on this board... :thumbup:

We watched him a few times in the Reserves at the end of the 03/04 season and signed the deal with the club for our syndicate sponsorship of him around the time of these original message board discussions. That syndicate included quite a few posters from here.

This year the club only offered 1st team player sponsorship, so we followed the up & coming theme by sponsoring James Wesolowski. We should have images of the pitchside presentation at the Plymouth game on our website soon.

If anybody fancies joining in for the 06/07 season (as a guide this year cost about £20 each), then e-mail [email protected]

Certainly if you look at him now it's hard to see him as a centre back, however I'd say McCarthy isn't much more bulky than Stearman is now...so who knows.

The one time Stearman played at CB this season I was very impressed with him, and he looked much more comfortable there than at RB, IMO.

The one time Stearman played at CB this season I was very impressed with him, and he looked much more comfortable there than at RB, IMO.

Good to hear, I haven't seen him at CB yet but I have a feeling he'll play there more next season.

Archived