Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

email Davies on mass!

ive emailed tim davies to tell him to look on this forum to see the fans frustrations and actually take time to listen to what we as fans want, i suggested he register and comment on wtf was going on and how he planeed on adressing this depressing situation.....

This is what I wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Davies,

A couple of weeks ago, I sent an E-Mail to Mr. Peter Jones in regards to the current situation Leicester City Football Club finds itself in.

I issued my disappointment and anger well enough, I think. I was told that the message would be redirected to you. I hope you had the opportunity to read it, amongts all those other hundreds of responses from equally concerned Foxes fans.

It's not understandable how the club can still stand behind one of the worst managers Leicester City has seen in decades. Apart from the miracle match against Sheffield United, we have not won in 13 league games and just lost our fifth consecutive match. There have only been 9 goals for us and 19 against. We're poor at defending against set pieces, our disciplinary record is a joke, and I honestly question some of our players dedication towards the shirt they're wearing. Motivation's long gone, except for prestigious FA Cup games. But that won't save us from relegation. Where's the focus here? What's your strategy exactly?

There are only 17 games to go now and in order to remain in the Championship, we'd need at least another 24 points, which means a straight 24 draws (I know I'm just kidding) or, more realistically, 8 wins. That's a win every second game. You think that's achievable?

Craig Levein is pulling us straight down into League One and we're about to share the same fate as Nottingham Forest, a thought that causes shivers for every true Foxes fan. We've been promised a lot before the season started, but this is just abysmal management. Poor perfomances week in, week out. And always the same lame stereotypical 08/15 excuses. There comes a point where you can no longer avoid questionning the fundamental processes within a football club. It's just poor communication in my eyes. It has failed between the club and the manager, the manager and the team, the club and the fans and between the manager and the fans. Nobody's honest enough to admit that there've been terrible mistakes made in this season so far. And the concerns of the fans are not really heard, we're even cut off the Monday Night Phone-In!

The local media are also playing a huge part in this sad piece. How much longer will we have to bear a lifeless, ignorant Derby County supporter as our live match commentator? How much longer will the Mercury publish whitewashed stories, talking about how "glorious" we've played, even though it's a complete lie?

I appreciate the fact that you issued a public statement, but I wonder how much longer the board will support a manager who has won 1 away game out of the last 26?

Either you're very patient or very immobile. Or just plain paralyzed. I wouldn't like to be in your shoes right now.

The fans await a clear decision following the next away game against Plymouth. Also expect heavy fan protests during the upcoming week.

Yours,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear mr. davis

i am writing to ask you just what we have to do to convince you that mr . levein should be resealsed?

do you want us to sign a petition as that could be arranged ?

do you want the whole stadium to chat "stand up if you want him out" as that could be arranged?

i would just like to know as at the moment the majority of the fans will do almost anything to get mr. levein out.

please tell us what it is that we have to do to convince yo to get him out.

at the moment there are just a few chants but soon the protests will start and then it might get out of control

my final point is , i understand that it will cost money to relese him but you need to consider the cost of religation and the fact that if you keep mr.levein until the end of season , he will leave as he doesnt want to manage a league 1 side so we will be a manager-less league 1 club and i am sure you dont want that to happen

waiting for a response please just to know you acknowledge you fans

yours sincerely

a concerned fan

i have sent this to mr. davis in the hope he replies

i know it doesnt cover a lot but i dont have 3 months to write an email

People are giving TD a lot of stick so I'm going to make a point again that I have made several times before.

At some point, finances are going to dictate that we CANNOT sack the manager. So far we have got rid of Peter Taylor, Micky Adams*, Dave Bassett and each of their backroom members. We are probably still paying off the contracts of these people!

Financially it is just not viable to keep doing this. We can't keep giving someone 12 months and getting rid if they don't do very well. Basicly what i'm wondering is if we have reached that point? I know relegation costs money but the board can't gamble the clubs future on the hope that someone new MAY keep us up. If we went down and got rid of Levein that could be financially devastating. Where as the trust have said financially we would survive should we go down.

Have we reached the point where the board don't have a choice but to back the manager NO MATTER WHAT is happening on the field??

Forgive any stupid mistakes in this as I'm shattered and i'm falling sleep.

*I know he walked but I honestly wouldn't be suprised if some sort of pay off went on behind the scenes. Can't be proved but either way his backroom staff would have been.

considering micky did quit and the club were stressing at the press conference that they tried to keep him im betting they did not pay anything out.

bassett on the other hand would have taken whatever he could get i bet.

People are giving TD a lot of stick so I'm going to make a point again that I have made several times before.

At some point, finances are going to dictate that we CANNOT sack the manager. So far we have got rid of Peter Taylor, Micky Adams*, Dave Bassett and each of their backroom members. We are probably still paying off the contracts of these people!

Financially it is just not viable to keep doing this. We can't keep giving someone 12 months and getting rid if they don't do very well. Basicly what i'm wondering is if we have reached that point? I know relegation costs money but the board can't gamble the clubs future on the hope that someone new MAY keep us up. If we went down and got rid of Levein that could be financially devastating. Where as the trust have said financially we would survive should we go down.

Have we reached the point where the board don't have a choice but to back the manager NO MATTER WHAT is happening on the field??

Forgive any stupid mistakes in this as I'm shattered and i'm falling sleep.

*I know he walked but I honestly wouldn't be suprised if some sort of pay off went on behind the scenes. Can't be proved but either way his backroom staff would have been.

You raise a good point.

But me and a few others were suggesting not to give Levein any money during the transfer window and instead paying him off. Sure we wouldn't have got Fryatt but I believe that our squad is strong enough without him to be mid-table in this division at least.

Now that the board have given him the money and we've got Fryatt, that leaves them in deeper sh*t. They don't have the finances to get rid of Levein, but if they don't then we could lose even more revenue if we get relegated.

I'm not saying that we would have survived/moved out of the relegation zone had we appointed a new manager and sacked Levein - but to a large extent we would have been able to afford to pay Levein off (even if that was/wasn't the right thing to do).

Archived