Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Ashton Close to Hammers Move

West Ham have agreed a fee with Norwich for their star striker Dean Ashton.

Ashton has been a long-term transfer target for West Ham boss Alan Pardew as he looks to bolster his attack.

Norwich rejected reports on Saturday that they had agreed a fee for Ashton, but now they have admitted they have accepted a £7.25 million deal for the England Under-21 international.

Ashton is now expected to travel to East London to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

The former Crewe man admitted the offer to return to the Premiership was too good to turn down.

"I have had a great year at Norwich and would like to sincerely thank the fans and everyone I have worked with at Carrow Road," Ashton told the club's official website.

"West Ham are a big club, I am ambitious and at the end of the day the chance of a swift step up to the Premiership is too good to turn down.

"I spoke to Nigel (Worthington) and the board and told them I wanted to pursue this opportunity.

"I'd like to thank Norwich for understanding that and allowing myself and my representative to talk to West Ham."

Anyone think he isn't worth anywhere near that much?

that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive imo didn't do nothing at The Walkers spent most of the match offside and the other having moaning at the referee!!!

The prices for British players are so out of touch with the rest of the world it's so obvious why managers look abroad for cheaper imports

it's an unbelievable amount of money for someone who isn't even a full international player at 22, plus there is a 15% sell on clause! that's a poor signing for me, 3 million to much, i'm sure west ham could get a better more proven striker for 7 million.

Archived