Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Internet Poker

they do a league on www.pokerboard.co.uk and are looking for people to represent there footie teams.

they also have regular freerolls for members only,(we all like a freeroll),and membership /registration whatever you call it is free.

they are supposed to be doing a live tournament in leicester in march ,at the empire on fosse road.

and also another where the reserves play at hinckley united's ground,in march or april.

anyone up for a live game or team event?

• 2 weeks later...

the poker tourney at the empire on the fosse road is definately on,i've seen posters knocking about.

£10 buy in,i am going for it.playing live is a whole new experience to online poker.not as fast,more tactical,and you can see who you are playing to pick up on their tells.of course if you shake like a nutter if you are dealt a big pocket pair ,this may work against you :D .

it's on march the first if anyone is interested,i may see some of you there.

oh yeah ,apparently the entrance fee gets you a months membership,so it must be an ongoing thing.

who's up for playing tonight then.i'm in,and there is t.v screens their as well so i won't miss the football.

anybody else up for some live poker?

Is the pub rough? My mate says thats someone got thrown through a wall and into the car park and then was crushed by a car that was picked up by the trouble makers - but he lies alot!

• 4 months later...

You should all use the link in my sig to get a free $75 to play at Party Poker. Its not a con and you dont need to give any financial details. Its $75 for free and what could be better than that?

Oh and by far the best Poker forum arounds is at www.pokerforums.org

www.pairof2s.com is my own personal poker blog, charting my ups and downs. :thumbup:

Still play for low limit.

Just discovered my worst play ever. Going over past hands and there was one where I was heads up on the river board 2345 I had A2. Other fellow bet I fold. WTF. Don't know what I was on that day.

Just played 40 hands 40c up. WOW.

I hope anyone playing on here is not a fish. Plenty of them about. Play correct poker. Fold all the crap preflop and you'll do OK.

Just playing with mates for pennies and beers is best ~ American style with dealer calling the game. As always, I reckon once winning becomes important then the concept of the game is lost. :)

I've had a rough time lately and have dropped around US$ 100 so far this weekend. I've been playing on Empire Poker (part of the Party Poker network) for about a year and, fortunately, I'm up about $400 since joining and have treated myself to an mp3 player with my winnings.

I really ought to take a break from sit-and-go no limit tournaments and focus on ring games. I prefer no limit hold 'em when playing tournaments and 7-card stud in ring games.

I've had a rough time lately and have dropped around US$ 100 so far this weekend. I've been playing on Empire Poker (part of the Party Poker network) for about a year and, fortunately, I'm up about $400 since joining and have treated myself to an mp3 player with my winnings.

I really ought to take a break from sit-and-go no limit tournaments and focus on ring games. I prefer no limit hold 'em when playing tournaments and 7-card stud in ring games.

I like the $10/20/30 tournaments with 5 people in. I usually find i come in the top 3 pretty much every time. Although i do like a quick burn in the texas hold em NL $100 rooms. Won $15 dollars in 3mins last night.

Archived