Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Internet Poker

$30 in one hand of poker!! You would think 4 jacks would be enough to win a game of 5 card draw!!!! But oh no... some smart arse has 4 kings!!!!

What are the bloody odds of that??

:mad:

Very long, unlucky.

You should play texas hold 'em.

What site do you play off?

$30 in one hand of poker!! You would think 4 jacks would be enough to win a game of 5 card draw!!!! But oh no... some smart arse has 4 kings!!!!

it's not so bad when it's another human, it fecks me off when the old 'so called' random ladbrokes dealer has 10 blackjacks in a row :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

it's not so bad when it's another human, it fecks me off when the old 'so called' random ladbrokes dealer has 10 blackjacks in a row :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry but i had to laugh when i heard this.

We all know the only winner is only ever going to be the dealer/bookie. (that comes froma person who bets a lot.)

To play poker i go on "pacific poker", you can either play for money or free play against other people, it's really good 'cos you just get to learnt he basics of the game, have fun and most importantly, don't lose any money.

If it is randomly generated (some people suepct that online poker software isn't) then there was aporximately a 1/4000 chance.

If it is randomly generated (some people suepct that online poker software isn't) then there was aporximately a 1/4000 chance.

Trust me to be the one!!

I was playing against other people so I pressume that it's not "iffy"!!

Poker sites have been accused of producing more "exciting" hands than what would happen randomly.

They are the sort of players I like. There are a lot of bad players. I am not great but I am learning from the bottom. You have to understand the importance of playing position. What starting cards to play and when to fold and bet. A lot of players enter into the flop with any two suited cards or Ace. This is a good way to lose. I play on Party Poker on the Beginners table. I started off Ok but for a couple of days last week I got sloppy and lost quite a bit. But the last couple of days I have got it back. This is proof that if you veer from the reccomendations given in books etc you will lose.

If anyone is interested go to Poker message boards

where you will find plenty of advice and answers to any questions that you may have.

I put the wrong quote in.

Should have been this one.

I heard stories of people getting into thousands of pounds of debts by playing late into the night and gambling at home whilst drunk

• 2 weeks later...

this is a good poker messageboard /forum.

www.pokerboard.co.uk

it's uk based so you can talk to people at reasonable times about the bad beat you have just had :blush:

the guys on it are helpful and a good crack and they run a live game down the road in nuneaton that i've been to.

it is a great game but you have to set some limits or you can easily get in over your head.

set a limit of how much you can afford to lose and stick to it.vice versa,if you decide a limit to come off the site after winning a certain amount,this seems to work for me but each to their own.if it wasn't for the bad players there would be no players :D

I had to restrict myself a lot for online gambling!! I got hooked on texas hold em whislt at uni and as much as i enjoy the game, it has a HUGE risk!

oh i've lost a lot more in a hand than that. I assure you.

But also, I've won a few hundred in tournaments and on ring tables I've joined with $20 and left with around $200 a few times.

All good fun, like..

I'm still playing. Getting better. Online poker is winnable by most intellegent people if they have the patience, read up on it and keep to basic poker strategy concepts. If you want to play for fun, and see a lot of flops and action don't expect to win at it. I have a couple of files if anyone wants to look at them.

The only thing is how do I insert a file destination for download on here?

I have put a poker forum on my message board. If anyone wants the documents send me your email there and I''ll send a copy.

C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Desktop\Poker sites\Poke hands Stats\Poker Hands Trevs analasis\BasicPokerStrategy.htm

This link works. I sent it to a web page from the word programme.Poker strategy

The first one works anyway.

Archived